I thought Ahem would appreciate Raashi's attire

Posted: 12 years ago
I didn't understand his reaction to Raashi's change of clothes.

Ahem likes modern girls, right?
I mean, his own girlfriend Anita was always in a dress, even in the flashback last week.
And I dont think Anita was the type that would switch to wearing a sari after marriage.

So I thought that he would see Raashi's change of clothes and think that atleast Jigar's wife is modern. When the elders aren't around, she is fashionable.

But instead he was super irritated to see her attire.

Ahem is an enigma. You never know what he's thinking

Yuks
He's an MCP if you ask me. Raashi wearing modern clothes is a no-no for him, what does he expect that she will be in a saree all the time? I think had he married Anita, he would expect teh same from her..."Anita, now you're the Mdi bahu, you can't wear this"...I think Anita was lucky!
Yuks I was thinking the same. I was thinking at Ahem might actually like that Rashi is not in a Sari. At least Rashi wasn't in those really short dresses like Anita. Did he ever notice was Anita was wearing?
Aham had a blindfold on his eyes when it came to Anita, she would not have tolerated this at all.
to see rashi like this is a blessing
Originally posted by fanbidaai

Aham had a blindfold on his eyes when it came to Anita, she would not have tolerated this at all.
to see rashi like this is a blessing

Absolutely agree with you Suk. If Ahem would have married Anita, he would have come home to fireworks everyday. Anita would not have tolerated anything Kokila at all, especially the dressing. Ahem honestly didn't expect Rashi to be wearing saris here. 

I think now he differentia between anita and gopi. that he wants gopi type of girl not anita.
That is exactly what Koki might have meant when she says that "anita isn't the right girl for you" He was annoyed seeing Rashi is modern clothing why? He doesn't like it, he doesn't like if when they are suppose to be married they shouldn't wear stuff like that. He is actually very reserved and orthodox in his mind, but doesn't know it. There is a big difference between being a girlfriend and being a wife. The same rules don't always apply. For example, when I was my husbands girlfriend I was able to go do my thing whenever, if he asked well I am busy I will catch you later. Now, I have to tell him I am going here tomorrow and do you need me for something or do we have other plans. The responsibilities increase, because its no longer just about your life, the choices you make affect both. So same thing, he thought that is what he likes, modern, educated so forth. But if you remember, the first thing he told Gopi after marriage was to always listen to his mother and not argue. Do you really think Anita would have followed that???
He simply doesnt care of Jigar or Rashi or anyone else for that matter. Only if his mom is the one wearing jeans then he might just appreciate 😆

I think he is so unhappy and frustrated with his own life that he has become a loner, an emotionless man who understand business and how to profit from it.. everything else can just go to hell 😛
Raashi looked beautiful in that attire, but of course, the way she had behaved, as in touching ground and praising it and all... pretty wierd... Lol... ahem is most unpredictable person in show..
In my experience ... Men brought up in Indian tradition only think they want modern women.  In reality they prefer women like their mothers...traditional, old fashioned...who makes their favourite food and is completely dedicated to them.

Of course there are exceptions but most men like their old traditions and are nostalgic for it... at least later in life if they made different choices.    I wonder if that is what they are trying to show here ... the contrast between what he thought he wanted - Rashi / Anita - and what he actually wants and will NOT admit - Gopi.