Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi all

A new discussion about the five great bharatiya nariya. 

Sita
Tara
Droupadi
Urmila
mandodari

They are the best examples of Satitwa and Prayer. All of them are respectful to the world and humanity of their time. But if you chose just one as the symbol of love, satitwa, aatmiyata, viswas, then who is the best of this five. This is not a comparison but still we can analyse the different phases of life these five ladies has to face in their life. 

Sita : The perfect devotee and follower of sreeRam spent her life in Ravana's custody in the belief that Rama will come o rescue. Devi followed her husband to the dense forest and even left the palace for saving Rama's kingdom. she is the best example among all five .

Droupati:

Tara:

Urmila:

Mandodari:

(will update this post within some days)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sati Anusuiya i think a gr8 example.
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

The 5 pativratas as far as I know are Ahalya, Seeta, Savitri, Tara and Mandodari.

Chiinnu thumbnail
but I have given the names, since in case of savitri and Ahalya there will be difference among opinion. Savitri is not from puranas like Ramayana or mahabharata , and in case of Ahalya she is not comparable to all 5. so I selected these five.
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Chinu, just thought to share the link of another thread from our Forum (more or less on the same topic)- 'Panchkanya: Women of Substance':-

Chiinnu thumbnail
Thanks for the link, I missed that.
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chinnu_manikyam

but I have given the names, since in case of savitri and Ahalya there will be difference among opinion. Savitri is not from puranas like Ramayana or mahabharata , and in case of Ahalya she is not comparable to all 5. so I selected these five.

I came to know about Ahalya from the Amar Chitra Katha - that Ahalya's name is taken first among the pativratas. She does make an appearance in Ramayan.
radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey Sati anusuia also thre