Mythological Masti

RS Ramayan - favourite scenes discussions - Page 5

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
RS R references:

I read some of the previous posts which say that RSR is the best compilation of various sources of Ramayan and that it is predominantly based on RCM rather than VR. Here I am trying to make a compilation of exact source reference of the topics covered in RSR. Interested people can just read the first paragraph of VR links (Introduction - summary of the sarga) and just the title of RCM links (and one can go into detail for finding one's favourite songs based on Choupais/dohas and the entire Parshuram scene dialogs). Apart from these two sources, there is one more thread Semanti has created about Krittivas Ramayan, which can be additionally taken for help when some event like say for example, Lakshman rekha comes in the sequence. Here I try today for Balkand compilation. Members do suggest me to make any changes in style or format or formatting (to get the best idea of source proportion) so that accordingly only, I will proceed further in my further kand compilations. And somebody else may also do it parallel with me from reverse (starting from the last kand) and can help to improve or edit the arrangements of my post. The objective of this is just to get the rough idea about the proportion in which RSji based his creation on various Ramayans and to give a more concrete, objective, solid and sound answer either in favour of or against the hypothesis that RSR is not much based on VR or RSR is only based on RCM largely.

It will also be great if someone can find for me the English online source of RCM.
(Now included one link thanks to Aradhana and Lola).

Baalkand

Index:
And further click on hyperlink of Balkand on the page of above link

Putra Kamesthi yagya and Vishnu stuti by devta - Vishnu agreeing to incarnate (34 verses):
http://valmikiramayan.net/bala/sarga15/bala_15_frame.htm
RCM 
Same as above (Doha 184 to 190 - 4 Chhands/Sorthas/Choupais in each)

Ram's childhood & education, and Vishwamitra's arrival after completion of education (58 verses):
Dashrath's hesitance, Vishwamitra's anger and finally Dashrath sending Ram (22+27+22=71 verses):
Killing of Tadaka (36 verses)
Weapons imparted by Vishamitra (28 verses)
Protection of Vishwamitra's rituals from Marich-Subahu (26 verses)
RCM 
Childhood, Ram sent with Vishwamitra, Taadka, Vishwamitra's rituals protected (Dohas 190 to 209 - with 4/5 Choupais between them)

Story of Gangaavataran (26+30+25+41=122 verses) (Only VR)

Story of Ahalya and Ahalya uddhaar (33+22=55)
Arrival at Mithila (25 verses)
RCM 
Ahalya and arrival in Mithila and Mithilavihaar (Dohas 209 to 225)

Pushpavatika and Gaurimandir (Only RCM) (Dohas 226 to 239) 

Entry into Yagyashala (where Shiva's bow was kept), Dhanurbhang, Message sent to Dashrath, Dashrath's arrival in Mithila and Marraige (27+19+19+40=105 verses)
Parshuram's arrival during return journey and his ego hurt (24+24=48 verses) - After the marriage and in the presence of Dashrath (on the way back to Ayodhya) not Janak in Mithila (VR)
Arrival in Ayodhya and joy (29 verses)
RCM
Entry into Yagyashala (where Shiva's bow was kept) (Dohas 240 to 248)
Competition (Dohas 249 to 251)
Lakshman's anger (Dohas 252 to 259)
Dhanurbhang (Dohas 260, 261)
Jaymala and Parashuram's arrival (Dohas 262 to 270)
Ram-Lakshman-Parshuram dialog (Dohas 271 to 285)
Message sent to Ayodhya and departure of baaraat (Dohas 286 to 304)
Arrival of baaraat and welcoming (Dohas 305 to 321)
Marriage and farewell, arrival back to Ayodhya and joy (Dohas 322 to 359)
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@ Shivang
This is the hindi version with English translation
ShivangBuch thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Aradhana87

@ Shivang

This is the hindi version with English translation

Done. Incorporated it and edited my post.😃👍🏼🤗
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Wow, thanks a bunch for the VR links, Shivang, I am definitely going to sit down and read them one day because I am so interested in learning about the correct order of events in each source. I have found the personalities of the characters different from VR and RCM...both Ram and Sita seem more assertive and bold in VR whereas in RCM, they are portrayed to be very soft, gentle, and never getting angry no matter what.

When you get the chance, could you please post the VR links for Uttarkand? I want to learn how the events of Sita's vanvaas happened in it.
ShivangBuch thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Wow, thanks a bunch for the VR links, Shivang, I am definitely going to sit down and read them one day because I am so interested in learning about the correct order of events in each source. I have found the personalities of the characters different from VR and RCM...both Ram and Sita seem more assertive and bold in VR whereas in RCM, they are portrayed to be very soft, gentle, and never getting angry no matter what.

When you get the chance, could you please post the VR links for Uttarkand? I want to learn how the events of Sita's vanvaas happened in it.

My pleasure Janaki. Now we also have got English version of RCM. If you want me to incorporate the page numbers of all the Doha numbers (I have mentioned above in each titles in my post) also from the index of that Gorakhpur Geeta press link, then also tell me. I will do that for Balkand too. Not just for you but for future interested reader members also if you find that to be the right idea to suggest.

The problem with Uttar Kand is that it is not there on valmikiramayan.net link if you can notice. And other link I have of Valmiki Ramayan is given by Lola to me which is of Hindi translation. So for Uttar Kand, I can't post the links like the above Balkand (which I can do from valmikiramayan.net upto Yuddhakand) and for Uttarkand, I will only be able to post RCM links. If you want me, I can just type and list out the sequence of events of Uttar Kand from the index of the book I have got of VR. I will be very very happy to do that.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: ShivangBuch

My pleasure Janaki. Now we also have got English version of RCM. If you want me to incorporate the page numbers of all the Doha numbers (I have mentioned above in each titles in my post) also from the index of that Gorakhpur Geeta press link, then also tell me. I will do that for Balkand too. Not just for you but for future interested reader members also if you find that to be the right idea to suggest.

The problem with Uttar Kand is that it is not there on valmikiramayan.net link if you can notice. And other link I have of Valmiki Ramayan is given by Lola to me which is of Hindi translation. So for Uttar Kand, I can't post the links like the above Balkand (which I can do from valmikiramayan.net upto Yuddhakand) and for Uttarkand, I will only be able to post RCM links. If you want me, I can just type and list out the sequence of events of Uttar Kand from the index of the book I have got of VR. I will be very very happy to do that.

I have the English translation of RCM which I bought from the temple some time back, but thanks for the offer.😃 I'm really enjoying many of the dohas, especially Sita Swayamvar and RamSita Vivah. I haven't gotten past Bal Kand yet because of lack of time, but I'll get there soon.😆

Oh yeah, someone told me that the Uttarkand of VR hasn't been posted online yet...a sequence of events would be great though, thanks! I'm especially interested to know how long after the Rajyabhishek Sita got banished, how long Sita and Luv Kush were in Valmiki's  ashram, where exactly Sita gave her last vow (was it in Ram's darbaar like RSR and ASR showed or outside Valmiki's ashram like some movies show?), and what the sequence was when Luv Kush sang Ramayan. I know that they never battled their uncles in VR, but do you remember which source has that story which is shown in almost every Uttarkand based serial and movie? It can't have been fiction, because even before RS showed it in his Uttarkand, many movies showed Luv Kush battling their uncles and defeating them before Ram himself came to fight them.

Sorry, I'm giving you such a big order.😳
ShivangBuch thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

I have the English translation of RCM which I bought from the temple some time back, but thanks for the offer.😃 I'm really enjoying many of the dohas, especially Sita Swayamvar and RamSita Vivah. I haven't gotten past Bal Kand yet because of lack of time, but I'll get there soon.😆

Oh yeah, someone told me that the Uttarkand of VR hasn't been posted online yet...a sequence of events would be great though, thanks! I'm especially interested to know how long after the Rajyabhishek Sita got banished, how long Sita and Luv Kush were in Valmiki's  ashram, where exactly Sita gave her last vow (was it in Ram's darbaar like RSR and ASR showed or outside Valmiki's ashram like some movies show?), and what the sequence was when Luv Kush sang Ramayan. I know that they never battled their uncles in VR, but do you remember which source has that story which is shown in almost every Uttarkand based serial and movie? It can't have been fiction, because even before RS showed it in his Uttarkand, many movies showed Luv Kush battling their uncles and defeating them before Ram himself came to fight them.

Sorry, I'm giving you such a big order.😳

Not at all. You can order me more than this without any hesitation.🤗 But I am sure before I will finish my job of Ayodhya kand, Semanti would/must have finished answering you in detail on my behalf before I trying to find anything.😃
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Ayodhyakand

Index:
And further click on hyperlink of Ayodhyakand on the page of above link

Dashrath calling for meeting of ministers for Ram's coronation and decision, Dashrath's advice to Ram, Spreading of news and preparations (50+54+49+45+26+28=252 verses)
RCM (Dohas 1 to 10)

Manthara's unhappiness and wrong lesson taught to Keikei, Keikei asking boons and Dashrath's agony (36+39+66+40+29+114+26+68=418 verses)
RCM (11 to 39 dohas)

Sumant called upon, Ram accepting exile (dialog with Dashrath-Keikei) and dialogs with Lakshman, Kaushalya, Sita (41+40+55+63+30+41+38+47+38+23+26+24+47+35=548 verses)

Further work pending can be done by anyone interested. I am seeing that site suspended right now. so not committing anything.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago