Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet- clinically depressed ???? - Page 7

Silentsoul thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: delhigirl

I am also a physician. I have to take care of patients who go through a lot of depression because they have cancer.

. The patient withdraws to herself and reduces communication with outside world (check)
2. Refuses to eat or take medicine (check, check)
3. Periodic bouts of crying (check, check)
4. Disinterested in many routine activities (check)
5. Disinterested in well being of near and dear ones ( Cases have been reported where in mothers refuse to tend to their children under these circumstances) (check)

i do not agree with your assessment of geet's clinical signs of depression. 
1) geet truly has not withdrawn herself. she does involve herself in normal activities. she goes shopping with pammi, to the tailor with nandini and also to the akhada and showed no signs of disinterest while watching kushti. She has chosen not to answer the questions asked by her family not because she is detached from those questions. She was quite vocal to Dev about what she thought about maan yesterday.
2) As per maan's statement , geet does not like to take medication. he says he knows she will not take her meds. even when she was pregnant, she would not take her vitamins which has been shown in a prior scene. So that is a personality trait of geet which is in many people. Many of my pts, voluntarily choose to refuse a cancer med which is a chronic med. they do so fully knowing the risks and benefits, not because they are depressed.
3) periodic bouts of crying does not mean that that person is depressed. even in normal situations or with some stressful periods or with stressful news or going through stressful times, like cancer treatment people have bouts of crying. does not mean that they are depressed, because a lot of it depends on how they are coping with their stress. For many people crying is a form of destressing as well. It does not always mean they are depressed. there are times when my job becomes emotionally overwhelming for me seeing my patients and i do cry. But it resolves my stress and i am back on in a few hours ready to take on the world.
4) Geet did not seem so disinterested when lucky was getting beaten today. infact she is the one who stood up and said to the guy when he insulted beeji. she stood up and said that does he not know how to speak with elders. she is totally standing up and defending the feelings of her beeji. She showed care towards her darji also.

If geet is depressed she will not go out of her room at all, let alone go to an akhada to enjoy a game.

As a physician i agree and respect with your points of depression, but i do not think they apply to geet. 

Sorry, i do not mean to offend you, but just trying to put forward my views

I agree she is not in depression she was in depression......but on holi night she was out of depression ......The way she behaved on HOLI night with servent ...itself shows she has no depression symptoms......Depressed patience not at all  laugh....not give any smirk..........not shout......not give any warning...........not talk too much......Geet has been doing this.....They are cut off from world not able to react to any situation..........But geet is reacting to everything she ws happy when darjee came......she smriked and laughed on lucky pitai..........She was angry on MAAn............she is behaving like normal human being showing all emotions.......so where is depression............not taking medicine and crying are minor symptoms of depression.........but all major symptoms are absent........first formost I have seen depressed patient....they never laugh....smiling is big deal for them............she was laughing ....enjoying..........lucky pitai..........still anyone claim she is in depression............oh yes her .mental aliment  is like hers............without ..logic...aliement
Edited by kuls11 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Invincible_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: kuls11

I agree she is not in depression she was in depression......but on holi night she was out of depression ......The way she behaved on HOLI night with servent ...itself shows she has no depression symptoms......Depressed patience not at all  laugh....not give any smirk..........not shout......not give any warning...........not talk too much......Geet has been doing this.....They are cut off from world not able to react to any situation..........But geet is reacting to everything she ws happy when darjee came......she smriked and laughed on lucky pitai..........She was angry on MAAn............she is behaving like normal human being showing all emotions.......so where is depression............not taking medicine and crying are minor symptoms of depression.........but all major symptoms are absent........first formost I have seen depressed patient....they never laugh....smiling is big deal for them............she was laughing ....enjoying..........lunky pitai..........still she is in depression............on yes her .mental aliment  is like hers............without ..logic...aliement

exactly

depression means dat patient doesnt even know if dere is fire all around her................

after 2 days of MC she was up all night running here and dere to do preparations of holi........she showed up no signs of tiredness and uninterest in d things
 wen she told forgave dev and told him off she was in senses
wen she put tilak on his forehead where was depression
wen she heard maan's harsh words and decided to leave house den wasnt she enough sane to respond to wat maan said.....had she been in depression she wouldnt have been able to even take his words to heart..........dat is disinterest
..so i  dont think its right to mock medical facts to defend a character...........................

nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: delhigirl

I am also a physician. I have to take care of patients who go through a lot of depression because they have cancer.

. The patient withdraws to herself and reduces communication with outside world (check)
2. Refuses to eat or take medicine (check, check)
3. Periodic bouts of crying (check, check)
4. Disinterested in many routine activities (check)
5. Disinterested in well being of near and dear ones ( Cases have been reported where in mothers refuse to tend to their children under these circumstances) (check)

i do not agree with your assessment of geet's clinical signs of depression. 
1) geet truly has not withdrawn herself. she does involve herself in normal activities. she goes shopping with pammi, to the tailor with nandini and also to the akhada and showed no signs of disinterest while watching kushti. She has chosen not to answer the questions asked by her family not because she is detached from those questions. She was quite vocal to Dev about what she thought about maan yesterday.
2) As per maan's statement , geet does not like to take medication. he says he knows she will not take her meds. even when she was pregnant, she would not take her vitamins which has been shown in a prior scene. So that is a personality trait of geet which is in many people. Many of my pts, voluntarily choose to refuse a cancer med which is a chronic med. they do so fully knowing the risks and benefits, not because they are depressed.
3) periodic bouts of crying does not mean that that person is depressed. even in normal situations or with some stressful periods or with stressful news or going through stressful times, like cancer treatment people have bouts of crying. does not mean that they are depressed, because a lot of it depends on how they are coping with their stress. For many people crying is a form of destressing as well. It does not always mean they are depressed. there are times when my job becomes emotionally overwhelming for me seeing my patients and i do cry. But it resolves my stress and i am back on in a few hours ready to take on the world.
4) Geet did not seem so disinterested when lucky was getting beaten today. infact she is the one who stood up and said to the guy when he insulted beeji. she stood up and said that does he not know how to speak with elders. she is totally standing up and defending the feelings of her beeji. She showed care towards her darji also.

If geet is depressed she will not go out of her room at all, let alone go to an akhada to enjoy a game.

As a physician i agree and respect with your points of depression, but i do not think they apply to geet. 

Sorry, i do not mean to offend you, but just trying to put forward my views

Kay Brilliant post to the miscarriage & now as few say more trauma added though the symptoms mentioned by the post maker of depression but less applicable to the 'onscreen ' Geet we are presented with.
Great reading you Kay

Silentsoul thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pooja83

exactly

depression means dat patient doesnt even know if dere is fire all around her................

after 2 days of MC she was up all night running here and dere to do preparations of holi........she showed up no signs of tiredness and uninterest in d things
 wen she told forgave dev and told him off she was in senses
wen she put tilak on his forehead where was depression
wen she heard maan's harsh words and decided to leave house den wasnt she enough sane to respond to wat maan said.....had she been in depression she wouldnt have been able to even take his words to heart..........dat is disinterest
..so i  dont think its right to mock medical facts to defend a character...........................

Its illogical to use some random medical facts with half baked information and not good logical support
saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
one great idea just clicked my delicate mind lets check it out ghsp team mein kis kis ko real mein mc,mu,child birth,ghar pe panga,road pe danga,set pe fight,salary not enough to bite ,spouse se talaak,zindagi mein dhoka ye sab hua hai and they are taking revenge from ghsp and fans 
 iam dead sure abt it proof????  areee so many are there-story line,dialogues,clothes ,geet ka dimaag,msk ka haal behaal aur kitne proof chahiye ðŸ˜† sab ne tadke waali laga li like mama they too playing kabbaddi with us😆
iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
OMG ! A new angle ? ðŸ˜†

Well, spare the lady now ! Coz, all she does is make me is confused !  ðŸ˜•

So, No comments on geet, and as medical field is not my field, i don't know what you are talking about ! All, i know is facts and figures ! ðŸ˜Š
Silentsoul thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sanjh1234

one great idea just clicked my delicate mind lets check it out ghsp team mein kis kis ko real mein mc,mu,child birth,ghar pe panga,road pe danga,set pe fight,salary not enough to bite ,spouse se talaak,zindagi mein dhoka ye sab hua hai and they are taking revenge from ghsp and fans 

iam dead sure abt it proof????  areee so many are there-story line,dialogues,clothes ,geet ka dimaag,msk ka haal behaal aur kitne proof chahiye ðŸ˜† sab ne tadke waali laga li like mama they too playing kabbaddi with us😆

Sanjh ur sense of humor is one thing to die for in GHSP forum.............sabe tadke vali laga lee hai....tabhi to fake pati....aab faking pati hoga