Chapter 9- Page 28

Chapter 10- Page 30

Chapter 11- Page 33

Chapter 12 -Page 37
Chapter 13- Page 40

Chapter 14-Page43

Chapter 15 - Page 47

Chapter 1

"Arghh!  He can be so freakin' irritating sometimes!" said a very beautiful looking girl in her early twenties. Her shiny brown hair, that were currently tied up in a pony tail bounced around as she moved. Wearing a pair of very comfortable looking PJs with a huge shirt on top that could not possibly belong to her, she cuddled up on her bed which looked much more appealing than the living room where that "irritating wrench" was currently chilling. Although she came into the room quite annoyed with him and his jokes she couldn't deny the fact that the only soothing effect to her emotional trauma was the scent of his signature cologne plus his manly scent which emanated from the shirt she was in. She breathed in deeply as his scent wafted up her nose making her feel all warm and bubbly inside. She smiled big. "He is so cute", she thought as she fell deeper into the blankets.

She was distracted by a pair of arms gently twining around her as she felt his lips press on her shoulders from the back. After the initial feeling of ecstasy with just being in his arms under the blankets passed away she remembered why she had even come into the bedroom. Trying to get out of his embrace now she mumbled out as for some reason her throat felt dry, "I thought I told you to never talk to me again." She heard him give out a husky laugh that was so relaxed and sounded of pure maleness that she felt herself getting lost in him yet again.

"Chill'.no one is talking to you," he said in a voice that only a perfect specimen could have. Looking like a Greek god, shirtless, on the bed, any girl and even some guys would give anything to be the one he was trying to cuddle. But here the woman he was trying to persuade in the most charming was possible just wouldn't give in. She tried to brush his hands away which only resulted in him holding her even tighter. "Mayank! Don't hold so tight! You know I've got cramps!" she cried out. He loosened his grip just as he heard her say that but still didn't let go of her completely. "Sorry! Sorry! Okay so tell me what do you want to eat tonight? Chef Mayank would love to serve his lady tonight", he said now wrapping his arms around her chest as it seemed like a much safer zone for now.

She continued to wriggle a bit before completely stopping and blowing the hair on her face in frustration. When she didn't reply to his question for a while he placed a kiss on her hair and smiled. "God, I love her", he thought pulling her closer still. "So I assume Ms. Nupur Bhushan would eat anything that I make for her because obviously she knows all that I can do with my hands'" he said lightly caressing her hands.

"Umm, not interested. I don't want to talk or have anything to do with a person like you. I hate you! Now go away!" she said annoyed. "Gosh, this is the moodiest you've ever gotten during your period", he said with arms still wrapped around her chest. "Well actually to think about it, you get like this every month. All that I have to put up with to be with you'." He added knowing very well he was going to be attacked by her any minute now. But he had already done the damage.

Quite surprised to not hear any more bickering from her he lifted his body up to look at her face only to find her crying silently. "Oh shit! Nupur, come on I was just kidding", he said trying to cup her face and wipe her tears. "Sweetheart, come on. Okay, okay, I'm a jerk. There, you can hit me, he said going to her side of the bed so that she was now lying facing him. He kissed her forehead as he wiped her tears away from her face.

She hiccupped saying, "I hate you so much!" "I know baby", he said rubbing her back as he hugged her. "I am a big fat ugly jerk who doesn't know how to treat his woman right", he said still rubbing her back trying to sooth her.

She looked up at him as he said that; taking her face away from his neck which smelt like heaven, saying "yeah right''you should be the last person to call themselves ugly'.God! You're so beautiful'." She completed caressing his face as she moved her fingers over his lips.

"W*F", thought Mayank as he looked at her with raised eyebrows. After having this conversation they both broke out into laughter; both amused. "Mayank, let's go and get some ice cream naa please'. And lets rent a nice movie", said nupur, being random as ever according to Mayank but even he knew: This was Nupur.

"If your demands are this high when you're having your period then what are you going to do to my peaceful life if God forbid you get pregnant and have the actual mood swings?" he teased her as he bumped his forehead against hers. But he knew that he would go through this, and so much more because that's how much he loved her and that's how much he wanted to create that cherished family with not just anybody but with her; his nupur. "Eww Mayank!! You know I'm not having any children. Babies are so freakin' annoying'all they do is cry and poop'." She said making a disgusted face. Now this was something that portrayed their opinions about life very differently. Mayank was a total softy to say the least; a totally romantic at heart, while Nupur on the other hand was the more practical one. A part of her was obviously just like any other girls'; a part that always wanted the perfect love, the perfect kiss, the perfect man. But there was always a part of her which did not match that of a normal girl imagining her fairy tale life. She didn't believe in marriage. Nor did she believe in having a family. According to her it was a waste of life's time and energy to spend it on raising some kid up all your life and by the time your duty is over you're too old to have fun.

And marriage? It was just a formality that didn't place any importance of being carried out in Nupur's life. She believed that if two people were comfortable enough with each other then there was no harm if they decided to live together. And Mayank was well aware of this fact. Even though he didn't agree with her about this he nevertheless was living with her at the moment. And no, they weren't married.

Mayank was an orphan. He didn't have any family to look up to. He had never experienced having a family ever. And all these factors made him want to have a family of his own even more. He was so happy he had Nupur in his life. Had he not known her, he wouldn't have been able to experience the most wonderful feeling in this world; the feeling of being madly loved by someone you madly love. But for Nupur the whole idea was very different. She had been brought up in an upper class family and unfortunately all that gold didn't glitter in her life. She had everything since the very beginning; even as a little girl. All the best dolls, the best tea cups for girly tea parties but one thing that she wanted the most wasn't there. Yes, she had a father. But that father was never around. Yes, she had a mother. But that mother was too busy attending parties. Her parents were never together. And she never got to be "together" with her parents. Now that she was older she understood why she felt so left out as a child. She always wondered if she was born as a mistake. She blamed herself for every fight her parents had if they by accident bumped into each other in that big house.

She decided that she had had enough. And she wasn't going to make the same mistakes that her parents made. Getting married, then not being interested in their significant other, or having children and then leaving them alone to sulk and wonder why they were even born. Both mayank and nupur had a lot of pain in their past. Maybe that's why they understood each other so much. But these differences in their opinions about life could make them go farther away from each other.

Mayank sighed. "You know it's going to happen someday Nupur. Believe it or not, we are going to get married and then eventually start having children. That is the way it works", he said, not wanting to spoil her mood further but wanting to make it clear to her for the umpteenth time. He brushed her hair away from her face as he said that. "What is with you and marriage? Aren't you happy the way we are?" she said looking for answers to questions which he had answered before hundreds of times. He looked intently at her for a few seconds before saying, "You know what? Let's go out right now and get you that ice cream you so badly wanted to have." "I don't want it anymore", she said closing her eyes and lying flat on her back. Mayank sighed again. "Fine", he said getting up from the bed and pulling on a shirt. He walked up to the coat hanger after putting some shoes on and after grabbing a coat at random, he walked out of the apartment. It was really chilly outside. He pulled out a cigarette and a lighter from his jean pocket and began walking down the street as he smoked.

He didn't like to smoke and neither did he smoke that much. But sometimes when he felt extremely miserable, he could smoke up a whole pack of cigarettes. Even though he was an orphan, he had made a place for himself in the world. He had achieved a lot in this young age. The luxurious apartment that nupur and he lived in was also his. Nupur had moved out of her parents' house a long time ago. Mayank had worked hard to get where he was today.

He felt a vibration in his pocket which brought his train of thoughts to a halt. It flashed "Nupur". And not just a plain "Nupur", it had a heart right next to it. Nupur had added this little symbol right next to her name on his phone. Just to make it special and different from the rest.

He smiled. He knew she'd call. "Hello", he said picking up the phone. "Mr. Mayank Sharma. What do you think of yourself?" she breathed out with frustration. "Let's just say, Mayank Sharma believes more in action than words", he said chuckling. "Stupid, Idiot! Come home now or you're dead meat. And drop that cigarette now or I'll make sure you rot in hell" she hung up with an ultimatum. He laughed out loud, crushing the cigarette under his feet and walking back towards his house; their home. He sighed as he started walking back. She knew him so well. She was his best friend, his first love, his everything. That was the main reason he wanted to make her his wife so bad. But she just couldn't agree. "It's okay", he soothed himself. "She loves you more than life itself. And one day she'll understand."

---------------- Naina  :)

Edited by I-heart-dreams - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sreevijayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
good concept dear...both are polar opposites............................pls update doon dear..............
Maahzabeen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice one dear..continue soon
pm me nxt time
daniella05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice concept
continue soon:)
Faria. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
OMG-
its a veryyyyyyyyy veryyyyyyyyyy beautiful FF dear
i must say- its amazinggggggggggg
mind-blowing start......
GOSH loved mayank and NUpur
they r really adorable
mayur r deeply and madly in love with each other
here i felt bad for nups- poor nups had suffered a lot
and therefore she dont believe in marriage.

But mayank is so cute- he was confident that  one day nups will accept it and ready to marry mayank

i loved it dear- u wrote d whole thing beautifully

plz plz do cont it and pm me ur next part

btw congrats for ur FF and all d best
keep updating
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
beautifully written!!..and i have completely the same views as mayank, so looking forward.

all the best and welcome to IF naina.
😊

P.S - thank u fari sweet for the recommendation..🤗
Edited by -Mehak - 13 years ago
Payal-15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hey its awesomely written yaar👏

i really liked ur new concept n ur way of writing😃

plz do add me to the PM list😳
Payal-15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hey its awesomely written yaar👏

i really liked ur new concept n ur way of writing😃

plz do add me to the PM list😳

Thanks Fari n Mehak for the recommendations😆
Annu111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
its very nice.
do continue soon.
add me to ur pm list.
I-heart-dreams thumbnail
WOW. Guys I seriously wasn't expecting such an immensely positive response! I can't begin to explain how much your support and comments mean to me. Seriously. Each and every one of you! Mwahh <33
P.S. Thanks to Faria and Mehak for recommending me! I mean gosh...! How supportive can you people get? lol

I'm going to post the second part in a few minutes and i hope you love it too! :) love to each one of you for reading!! And for commenting!! :) <33

--Naina Khanna :)