Fan Fictions

A Lost Hope (ArSh OS)

s4mosa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
This concept has been in my head for awhile and I've been writing it in small parts. It's the other OS I promised a while back. Be sure to read the note at the end before you comment!

Thanks and Enjoy!

She brought her hand up to the thick, glass window to match his. She held the phone in her hand as a lone tear escaped her emerald, green eyes. He watched her through the window. "Don't cry." He consoled, but it only led to more tears. His heart ached seeing her like this. He knew he was the one responsible. "Armaan, I miss you. When will you be free?" Her pain filled voice echoed into his ear on the other end of the phone. Armaan let out a sigh. "Soon, Shilpa. Soon." He reassured her despite knowing the truth. "The lawyer is working on the bail." Armaan continued his lie. She leaned her forehead onto the window. "I know you didn't do anything, you're innocent. Why is it taking so long?" She helplessly whispered back to him. Oh how wrong she was. Armaan wished he could tell her the truth, but that truth would kill her. He was nowhere near innocent, in fact, he was guilty. His lawyer wasn't working on the bail, he was asking for his money so he could get off the case. If he couldn't tell her this much, how would he tell her the worst part of it?

He watched her tremble as she cried on the other side of the glass, her hand slowly gliding down the glass and onto the small ledge that held her connection to him, the phone. Her eyes were swollen red and puffy; her skin pale. Armaan didn't know what he could do to help her as he heard her uncontrollable sobs through the phone held against his ear. He knew he was responsible for everything: his current state as well as hers.

----

A few months ago Armaan was almost caught in a house raid in the bad part of town. Luckily he was able to escape through the back door when he heard the noise of the front door being busted open. He disappeared into the darkness of the bushes and trees and watched the police run out back grabbing hold of the others that were trying to escape. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw them go back into the house without checking the surrounding area. When the police drove away Armaan came out and slowly crept toward the house making sure there was no one around. He opened the door and peeked inside before walking in. Seeing no one inside, he opened the door all the way and staggered in. The house was a complete mess, glass shattered on the floor, the powdery substance scattered on the table and floor. Armaan dropped down onto the couch and held his head in his hand trying to relax his mind. Not even a minute passed before his head shot up and he ran to the back door once again. The police would be back to investigate and before they did, he had to get out of there. He jumped the fence in the back and strolled down the sidewalk trying to not be suspicious. He made it home safely, sneaked in making sure Shilpa was not awake and slipped into bed.

That night he decided to talk to the leader of the gang so he could get out of it all. But when he spoke with him the next day, he realized that it wasn't going to be easy. The leader warned him saying that if he ever tried to leave, he would be turned in and will receive the worst punishment. Armaan kept a straight face in front of him but as soon as he left, he fell onto his knees and broke down. He didn't want to choose this path, he really didn't. But he was left with no other choice at that time. His mother needed the money for her life-saving operation. Shilpa had encouraged him to take up a job and she would give her savings as well, but no one wanted to hire him. He was sure that he had applied to at least 20 different places for a job, any kind of job. But nothing. Not even an interview. He had no other option. He needed the money quick and being the front end man doing the drug dealing would do that for him. He somehow found a way into a gang and started the job. Shilpa didn't know about Armaan's 'job.' He told her that he got a night time security position at some hotel so she thought that that's where he went during the evening. Shilpa worked during the day and spent the night at the hospital looking after her future mother-in-law.

His mother did not survive the operation which left him broken. Shilpa tried her best to console him but nothing worked. Armaan started taking "longer hours" at work; "It'll keep me distracted" is what he told Shilpa. And it did. Armaan stayed busy in the business earning whatever money he could. A few weeks ago, he realized that he needed to get a real job, one that's not in the line of crime. He would soon be married and have a family, he couldn't keep up with this lifestyle; it wouldn't be safe. Without telling the gang he packed up his things and left town with Shilpa. He told her that it would to get him away from thoughts of his mother and she believed him. Shilpa did anything and everything just to see her Armaan back to normal. She couldn't stand seeing him like this, always upset and worn out.

He managed to remain unharmed for the following weeks. Shilpa noticed Armaan slowly getting back to how he was before. He even started smiling again. That made her happier than ever before. Armaan was able to get a job at a local pharmacy nearby their apartment as a technician. The pay was decent and would support them. Shilpa got a job at the local elementary school. Life was going well for the two of them. Armaan's mind became calmer and calmer as each day passed. But he still had that fear that someday, the gang would find him. He tried to not let the fear get the best of him so he hid it as best as he could. Shilpa didn't seem to pick up on it and that's exactly what he wished for.

But last night, everything went wrong. It started off fine; Armaan took Shilpa out for dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. They enjoyed each other's company and the meals as well. When they left the restaurant and headed home, they didn't notice the car trailing behind them and thus were left unsuspecting what was about to happen. Armaan parked the car in the parking lot and headed toward the building with Shilpa by his side. Shilpa's arm was wrapped around his and they laughed as they walked. When Armaan reached for the handle on the door he was pushed against it and his arms were pulled back. Shilpa watched in horror as she saw the police placing handcuffs onto Armaan's hands. She tried to push them away but was held back by one of the officers. As the police took him away, he heard her screaming from behind, "Armaan, what is going on?!" He was put into the police car and taken to the county jail.

----

She continued to sob. "Armaan, please come home..." She feebly whispered as tears poured out of her eyes. "Shilpa..." That was all he could say. There was so much to say but not another word came out as he watched her. He saw an officer walk up behind her and tap her shoulder. "Miss, you need to leave. Visiting time is over." Armaan heard his distant voice through the phone. "Miss, get up." Shilpa shoved his hand away and held her face in her hands as she continued to shed tears. Armaan bit his lip and watched silently from the other side. He couldn't do anything. The officer pulled her arm up, making her stand. Shilpa cried in pain at the force. Armaan stood up and placed his hands on the window trying to reach out to her. Shilpa fought back and managed to release her arm. She leaned onto the window and banged her fists. "Please let him go. He's innocent!" Shilpa yelled at the officer while looking at Armaan. An officer came up behind Armaan and placed his hands back into the handcuffs and slowly took him away. "Armaan, no! Don't take him! Armaan!" She slid back into her seat feeling powerless. Armaan turned his head to see her and his heart ached even more.

----

"I hereby find Armaan Mallik guilty and subject to the highest penalty."

Shilpa's heart dropped at a thousand miles per hour when she heard the verdict. Even though she heard Armaan confess to the crime, she didn't expect him to receive the worst punishment. She remained numb in her seat at the thought of it. No expression whatsoever was visible on her face. Armaan kept his eyes on her the whole time during the trial. Especially during his confession of the crime.  She got up and walked over to the door Armaan would leave from. The officers stood beside him as they walked to it. Armaan stopped and looked at her. A single tear streamed down her face as she looked back into his eyes. "I'm sorry, Shilpa." He croaked as his eyes became moist. Shilpa stared at him not knowing what she should do.

They were about to walk forward but Shilpa wrapped her arms around him. "I don't care what you did Armaan. I still love you." Armaan pushed his head into hers since he couldn't take her in his arms. "I love you too, Shilpa." He saw the officers waiting for him and leaned down to her ear. "Shilpa, baby, I need to go now." Shilpa shook her head no in his chest and tightened her hold. "Please, Shilpa." He placed a kiss on her head and forcibly pulled himself away from her. Her hands fell to her sides and she kept her gaze lowered as he was taken away. She turned her head to see his retreating back and fresh tears formed in her eyes all over again.

------------

Okay before anyone starts complaining about the ending:
I'm not one for writing sad endings, but it just seemed more justified to me have this ending rather than another one for this concept. So please understand. ðŸ˜Š

Please comment and like. I really appreciate the feedback I get, it encourages me to write. ðŸ˜³ 

I'll be updating my FF soon (later today or tomorrow) I just wanted to get this OS posted since I promised it awhile ago.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lil_desi_goddes thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
superb one shot! loved it, thanks for the pm!
KaSh_luv thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
amazing os! luved it...but it was soo sad...totally felt Shilpa's pain...
cant.be.assed. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wowoww lovd this OS
armaan was jailed!!! :(
feel sorry for shilpa
thnx for the pm x
desikalakaar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
WOWWWW :) 
that was really good dude :) 
i loved it :) 
although the ending was really sad, i think it was logical. 
cant wait to read the newest update for the FF :) 

Love, 
Kriya <33
spicyheart thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
osam os
loved it
really very well written

shaaz_91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey
amazing one
der pain of getting separated really touchd my heart........
poor souls😔
-GoogleWithMe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome os
even though ending was sad
u had written it well
good job
noseasync thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice one....but i wanted happy ending yaar...it was realy sad:(
m4manju thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7
gr8 work  ....the concept of this os is really good.... took my heart at armaan's helplessness and shilp's unconditional love for him....😊