DID Doubles

Bias contestant Amit - Falon - Page 6

WreckLass thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Rapier

arey poocho mat! i am trying to understand his definition of "formal" training for the past half hour!πŸ˜†

I am reading the previous pages and trying to understandπŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: crystalline23

I am reading the previous pages and trying to understandπŸ˜†

please do read and provide ur two cents on the matter!πŸ˜†
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

do u know what dance school my friend goes to? does that mean she is not formally trained? and does having a certificate change ur knowledge of dance or ur ability to dance?πŸ˜• does a school have to be high-tech with dancing programs and stuff with certificates to be called a school? can a school who teaches it students dance and has teachers who are very knowledgeable in dance not be called a school?πŸ˜• if i choose to quit college right now without graduating, would that mean all that i learned so far is not education? does only having a certificate mean i learned the material? what is ur definition of a formal training, mihir?πŸ˜†

@blue...Yes πŸ˜ƒ
@red...not applicable anymore πŸ˜›
@green..OH GOSH u keep coming back to square 1 πŸ˜† once and for all, it doesn't change ur ability to dance but it does change being called a "formally trained dancer". 

@orange...thats what im trying to tell you!!!! You would be very much be well-educated...but you won't have the "formal" degree!! Now when you apply for jobs are they gonna just hire on the fact that you think you are educated, u just coudn't graduate? πŸ˜› 
@purple...in practical world, yes πŸ˜‰ when you tell me that u got training, I will believe you without asking for certification...but when u apply to teach at a dance school, they very well require proper documents and papers saying that you were "formally" trained. πŸ˜‰

Rapier thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mihirism

@blue...Yes πŸ˜ƒ
@red...not applicable anymore πŸ˜›
@green..OH GOSH u keep coming back to square 1 πŸ˜† once and for all, it doesn't change ur ability to dance but it does change being called a "formally trained dancer". 

@orange...thats what im trying to tell you!!!! You would be very much be well-educated...but you won't have the "formal" degree!! Now when you apply for jobs are they gonna just hire on the fact that you think you are educated, u just coudn't graduate? πŸ˜› 
@purple...in practical world, yes πŸ˜‰ when you tell me that u got training, I will believe you without asking for certification...but when u apply to teach at a dance school, they very well require proper documents and papers saying that you were "formally" trained. πŸ˜‰

1. creeper!πŸ˜† what's the name then?πŸ˜›
2. skipping
3. just cuz dharmesh can't be called "formally trained dancer", it doesn't make him "formally trained?" πŸ˜•what the hell is that?πŸ˜† i choose not to call dharmesh a dancer. does that make him not a dancer?πŸ˜† jeez mihir!
4. but dharmesh is not applying for any job! the whole point of this debate is to conclude whether dharmesh made himself or did someone have a hand! and we can clearly say that someone did have a hand!
5.  ur saying it again. just not having a certificate doesn't mean u r not formally trained. u are formally trained with a teacher and all, but u just don't have proof of it. but u r still formally trained!!!
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

1. creeper!πŸ˜† what's the name then?πŸ˜›
2. skipping
3. just cuz dharmesh can't be called "formally trained dancer", it doesn't make him "formally trained?" πŸ˜•what the hell is that?πŸ˜† i choose not to call dharmesh a dancer. does that make him not a dancer?πŸ˜† jeez mihir!
4. but dharmesh is not applying for any job! the whole point of this debate is to conclude whether dharmesh made himself or did someone have a hand! and we can clearly say that someone did have a hand!
5.  ur saying it again. just not having a certificate doesn't mean u r not formally trained. u are formally trained with a teacher and all, but u just don't have proof of it. but u r still formally trained!!!

sister jee go back to page 2....my point to bring up D-sir here was to say that he DIDN'T have training from anyone influential to make him reach till #2...he did it solely by dance and no other means πŸ˜›

Just great how that guy didn't have a rich dad nor an influential hand on him and now himself is an influence on others πŸ˜ƒ when he will have kids they will be so proud of him πŸ˜ƒ isn't that all what parents wanna see..pride in the kid's eyes from them .😊 

rarely has it happened that a reality show contestant who didn't even win has 350,000+ fans on FB πŸ˜ƒ
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Excuse me...what? Come again? First of all, there is no clause that states that trained dancers cannot participate in DID, in fact, that is what the stage is for, it's just like SRGMP, except with the best of the best dancers. Now best dancers does not equate to trained or untrained dancers, so not sure what you mean there. Secondly, so what if they're from Shaimak Davar's institute? It happens to be a conincidence. And also, Marzi is pretty lenient with them.  In fact, on Friday's performance, he was the first one to point out their flaws. Lastly, what do you mean by 'pure talent'? Perhaps you would like to explain what 'impure talent' is? And how exactly do the other contestants have to work harder? All of them have been dancing for years and have a lot of experience under their belt.

As for making names for themselves, you might have noticed the side dancers who dance in the background when you see Filmfares etc? Perhaps you would like to tell me how many of those background dancers are actually well known despite their hard work?

And I don't think I would count YOUR word as the audience's...but thanks for the genrousity...the audience appreciates it😊
Rapier thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mihirism

sister jee go back to page 2....my point to bring up D-sir here was to say that he DIDN'T have training from anyone influential to make him reach till #2...he did it solely by dance and no other means πŸ˜›

Just great how that guy didn't have a rich dad nor an influential hand on him and now himself is an influence on others πŸ˜ƒ when he will have kids they will be so proud of him πŸ˜ƒ isn't that all what parents wanna see..pride in the kid's eyes from them .😊 

rarely has it happened that a reality show contestant who didn't even win has 350,000+ fans on FB πŸ˜ƒ

ok sure! but u go back to page 4 and see that i didn't talk about ur post. i just pointed out that dharmesh was trained cuz dabulls ji said he wasn't. that's all.πŸ˜† and then u started the argument! not me!πŸ˜›
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
What is the difference between formal training and training?

And Mihir, if Terence was that influential, Mayuresh would have atleast reached the finals if not won, but he didn't even make top 7.  And why didn't Geeta's assistant (whatever her name was) not even make top 10? I mean she was also connected to a master...

You may not like Shakti and think she didn't deserve to win, but Shakti ghaas to nahi kharati because TL was her master and her dad was rich while poor Dharmesh worked very hard. I said it in the other thread too..if her dad was rich enough to buy the end result then why didn't he make sure his daughter topped before too..after all if she got out early, then what would her rich dad have done? πŸ˜†

RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kick the robots out, and send them into a circusπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by raju786 - 13 years ago
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh God!! LOL... Dont wanna quote each and every post here, but I wanna say a few things... For one, I dont think Shakti's Dad is or was rich!!! She learned dance from TLCDC on scholarship, and her sister Neeti might have started to make money once she became a singer in ARR's troupe.. Her mother herself has said on DID2 set that they are middle class family and how she faced comments from her neighbors for having four girls.. Shakti's home is not in any posh neighborhood either..

Dharmesh was running a dance school when he came on DID2, and his students have auditioned in both DID1 and DID2, and one of them (Meenu) made it to top 18 on DID2.. Isnt it unethical to have a dance master and student compete for the same title?? Terence never competed against Punit or Shakti or Mayuresh as dancers! And many of his students have auditioned for DID1 and didnt get selected! If he wanted them to be in, why didnt they make it??

I dont think Dharmesh was poor! That's a mere speculation based on what Zee has shown for TRPs! He was running a successful dance school, and he also won BW before coming to DID2 - what happened to the prize monies he got? His students have been participating in many reality shows as well as local shows for a while, and if he didnt have money, how could he afford to take his teams to all the competitions?? He was the leader in those group dance acts!

Now coming to Falon, I dont see anything wrong with her being on the show! All the contestants are trained in one or more styles! They say they are untrained since they didnt get formal training from any reputed dance schools, but they all have dance gurus! A very few make it through self training alone, that's because they have such passion and then training under the DID masters improve them a lot and that shows in their performances!

Falon completed three year dance diploma course from TLCDC in the same batch as Punit, and then became a professional dancer and then joined Shiamak's troupe after that.. FYI...