Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Stereotypes are being reinforced here (Page 2)

Tanyaz IF-Stunnerz
Tanyaz
Tanyaz

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psarada

[PS:- I really enjoy your written episodes especially now when I am really avoiding the serial. Your written updates let me know if I really need to tune in or another episode of torture is waiting for us. Thanks a lot for your updates.

Pleasure is all mine ...Smile
Due to some reasons , house chores actually , I will not be doing updates every day ( only on Monday's and Tuesdays  )  .Bhalla and Alujna have very kindly volunteered to help me ..I am sure they both will do very well ...Hope the show picks up so you don't just read updates but would wish to watch it as well..

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged
there so many negative tracks going on right noe...they really need to show some happy scenes as it is getting very depressing to watch this show now!!
xyzee Goldie
xyzee
xyzee

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psarada

Hi all,

This is my first post ever in Pavitra Rishta forum. I can't help but wonder how all of Ekta Kapoor's serial do nothing but just reinforce the stereotypes like the daughter should be always giving one, and dare she even think of anything other than her family albeit like Varsha then she is doomed to suffer. I mean in which era are  we living. Why can't the girl choose a career and have kids too. A lot of women do that in India. But I guess Ekta Kapoor doesn't know that. More than anything I hate the way they are showing Savita emotionally blackmailing Manav. I mean that is the height of stupidity they are showing here. How can a mother blackmail her son saying that he has to leave his wife in order to be with her. I just feel that these things give wrong idea to the society and people feel that it is okay and acceptable for a mother to emotional blackmail her son. I know my mother-in-law who does the same way with my husband. Every time it always has to be her point of view and her wish and to top it she always compares the daughter-in-law to the serial's sacrificing heroine. At this point I really hate Ekta kapoor's point of view and her way of story telling. I would be happy if Ekta shows Savita is wrong this time and that would be redemption for a lot of daughter-in-laws.

Agree with you totally especially about a woman having kids and a career too!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PSharada

xyzee Goldie
xyzee
xyzee

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 8:25am | IP Logged
To add to the list of stereotypes in all these serials, I hate the stereotypes about Joint families too. Like if a guy stays with his parents, it is good, but if he lives in another house and maintains a great relationship it is bad!! What a bunch of cr*p. Also hate the girl being looked at as a Paraya Dhan. I think it is as much a GIRL'S duty to look after her parents as is the guy's duty to take care of his!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PSharada

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index