Pavitra Rishta

Stereotypes are being reinforced here

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi all,

This is my first post ever in Pavitra Rishta forum. I can't help but wonder how all of Ekta Kapoor's serial do nothing but just reinforce the stereotypes like the daughter should be always giving one, and dare she even think of anything other than her family albeit like Varsha then she is doomed to suffer. I mean in which era are  we living. Why can't the girl choose a career and have kids too. A lot of women do that in India. But I guess Ekta Kapoor doesn't know that. More than anything I hate the way they are showing Savita emotionally blackmailing Manav. I mean that is the height of stupidity they are showing here. How can a mother blackmail her son saying that he has to leave his wife in order to be with her. I just feel that these things give wrong idea to the society and people feel that it is okay and acceptable for a mother to emotional blackmail her son. I know my mother-in-law who does the same way with my husband. Every time it always has to be her point of view and her wish and to top it she always compares the daughter-in-law to the serial's sacrificing heroine. At this point I really hate Ekta kapoor's point of view and her way of story telling. I would be happy if Ekta shows Savita is wrong this time and that would be redemption for a lot of daughter-in-laws.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaishankar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Psarada I agree she is wrong but the point here is she is mentally sick and want she told him did not come from her heart.This emotional blackmailing is due to the emotional hatyachar Manav did over his mom saying "I am not your son" and stuff instead of understanding first that her mom is sick.There is no point coming and asking forgiveness after you have driven your mom even more crazy.She wont listen,she is not in the right frame to listen.First she needs good proper treatment and care for her to realize that what she has been doing is wrong.Manav's inability to take correct decisions always puts him in trouble and again he is one of the reasons for this situation.Archu even always knew Savita was not alright but some reason Manav knew she was not alright but his anger blinded that fact and besides he was too much involved with K's to notice about Savita and Sachu.
We generally dont leave some one when they are mentally sick we stay by them no matter how worse they might behave as one knows this behavior is due to the mental sickness and if the patient is one's mom you surely cant.Manav's ignorance has cost his mom's health.
Who said for him to take Archu and go live there.You can always take care of ur mom by being away too.Had he given a thought about his mom's health and through Damo treated her with a good doc she would have gone better and would have started realizing her mistake.Manav's idea of making Savita archu is correct but for that Savita needs to be in good health both physically and mentally.You cant make Savita accepy by forcing Archu over her.She needs tome to recover first,what will be the point if Manav stubborness and ignorance leads to something happening to Savita.Then to whom will Manav prove what?Will he forgive himself.No
A mother son relationship is a pure and delicate one ,the point is how one understand each other.Manav knows that if he sees deeply inside Savita heart he will know she loves Manav like anything and is ready to accpet Archu but her ego wont allow it.Best thing get Savita treated first and then you can make make your point about Archu.Savita will then listen.No mom in the world is evil.
Mata pita Guru Devam is what the world preaches even God gives preference first to Mom so Manav needs to first get Savita treated before too late and then thingd automatically will fall into place which us rhe current track is leading where I think Archu will take initiative and Arman might eventually move in with Savita.
PSharada thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaishankar

Psarada I agree she is wrong but the point here is she is mentally sick and want she told him did not come from her heart.This emotional blackmailing is due to the emotional hatyachar Manav did over his mom saying "I am not your son" and stuff instead of understanding first that her mom is sick.There is no point coming and asking forgiveness after you have driven your mom even more crazy.She wont listen,she is not in the right frame to listen.First she needs good proper treatment and care for her to realize that what she has been doing is wrong.Manav's inability to take correct decisions always puts him in trouble and again he is one of the reasons for this situation.Archu even always knew Savita was not alright but some reason Manav knew she was not alright but his anger blinded that fact and besides he was too much involved with K's to notice about Savita and Sachu.

We generally dont leave some one when they are mentally sick we stay by them no matter how worse they might behave as one knows this behavior is due to the mental sickness and if the patient is one's mom you surely cant.Manav's ignorance has cost his mom's health.
Who said for him to take Archu and go live there.You can always take care of ur mom by being away too.Had he given a thought about his mom's health and through Damo treated her with a good doc she would have gone better and would have started realizing her mistake.Manav's idea of making Savita archu is correct but for that Savita needs to be in good health both physically and mentally.You cant make Savita accepy by forcing Archu over her.She needs tome to recover first,what will be the point if Manav stubborness and ignorance leads to something happening to Savita.Then to whom will Manav prove what?Will he forgive himself.No
A mother son relationship is a pure and delicate one ,the point is how one understand each other.Manav knows that if he sees deeply inside Savita heart he will know she loves Manav like anything and is ready to accpet Archu but her ego wont allow it.Best thing get Savita treated first and then you can make make your point about Archu.Savita will then listen.No mom in the world is evil.
Mata pita Guru Devam is what the world preaches even God gives preference first to Mom so Manav needs to first get Savita treated before too late and then thingd automatically will fall into place which us rhe current track is leading where I think Archu will take initiative and Arman might eventually move in with Savita.

Hi Jaishankar I agree with you that Savita is sick. But what I don't agree is the way the serial is dragging around this point. I mean all PR shows these days is Savita shouting at the top of her voice that Manav is not her son and he should take care of his wife's feelings. There are lot of ways they could have shown Manav - Archana coming to stay with Savita in a lot more dignified manner. Don't you think. What I am saying is that the serials especially Ekta's reinforce the blackmailing technique which I am hating to core. Come on why does each and every relation has to restort to blackmail technique to get your point through.You can on the tv and you can see the following dialogues

1. "Agar tum mujhse pyaar karte ho to tum mujhe bhul jaao" (one lover to another).

2. " Tum ko kasam hai meri tum kissi se kum bhi nahi kahoge/kahogi" (you can insert the relationship you want here0.

I mean pretty much all the serials in India fall in these lines. I really want to look at  a serial where the characters do talk in a mature way and do indeed behave the ways adults are supposed to do.

Jaishankar thumbnail
I totally agree Psarda yaar.When will for a change will show something positive instead of this BS.But now seems like with Archu going in with Savita we are in for some twists and turns and hope its in positive way for a change and u can call me Jai ðŸ˜†
Jaishankar thumbnail
I totally agree with you yaar Psarda.For once they need to show something positive instead of this negative depressive storyline.Hopefully with Archu entry into Savita house now which is going to happen I am hoping they show some positive change in the show instead of depressive crap.This is could be a really good track hope CV's think and come up with a positive storyline and Psarda u can call me Jai😆 easy to write and pronounce!!!
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Prasada  you are very correct .Some vert starnge things are shown in thsi show ...
What you mentioned about Savita's blackmailing is so correct .How can a mother who has seen how miserable her son was without his love for a good two years , now say to him ......it's either me or her ...
Manav has a proper functioning marriage ....he has been living with this girl now for so many months ...How can he be expected to leave her ...

Totally unfair demand and she is putting guilt trips on him now by going to jail and not taking phone calls ...her only demand to on him to prove his love to his mother .....leave your wife ...
Shame on this mother that she can ask her son for something like this ....
I hope to God that it is eventually shown that she regrets this and will soon feel bad about saying somethign so wrong .
It would be horrible to give an idea that mothers can make such unfair demands and get away with it ..
Edited by Tanyaz - 13 years ago
PSharada thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jaishankar

I totally agree with you yaar Psarda.For once they need to show something positive instead of this negative depressive storyline.Hopefully with Archu entry into Savita house now which is going to happen I am hoping they show some positive change in the show instead of depressive crap.This is could be a really good track hope CV's think and come up with a positive storyline and Psarda u can call me Jai😆 easy to write and pronounce!!!

Hi Jai. I am Sarada. I usually avoid Ekta's serials with a long pole if I can as she is a master in keeping the secrets and extending the serial to years and years and then some more years. I hope she atleast doesn't drag the matter of self respect of a married woman here. I mean at one point in PR Archu was nothing but a glorified crying extra and hopefully the creatives mould the story with much more dignity than they are showing here. Hell even Manjusha has lot more say in her married life than Archu. No idea when they will stop this crying and emotional/guilt trip with Savita and Manav.
PSharada thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tanyaz

Prasada  you are very correct .Some vert starnge things are shown in thsi show ...

What you mentioned about Savita's blackmailing is so correct .How can a mother who has seen how miserable her son was without his love for a good two years , now say to him ......it's either me or her ...
Manav has a proper functioning marriage ....he has been living with this girl now for so many months ...How can he be expected to leave her ...

Totally unfair demand and she is putting guilt trips on him now by going to jail and not taking phone calls ...her only demand to on him to prove his love to his mother .....leave your wife ...
Shame on this mother that she can ask her son for something like this ....
I hope to God that it is eventually shown that she regrets this and will soon feel bad about saying somethign so wrong .
It would be horrible to give an idea that mothers can make such unfair demands and get away with it ..

Totally agree with you. I hope the creatives wake up and write a dignified story.

PS:- I really enjoy your written episodes especially now when I am really avoiding the serial. Your written updates let me know if I really need to tune in or another episode of torture is waiting for us. Thanks a lot for your updates.

Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: psarada

[PS:- I really enjoy your written episodes especially now when I am really avoiding the serial. Your written updates let me know if I really need to tune in or another episode of torture is waiting for us. Thanks a lot for your updates.

Pleasure is all mine ...😊
Due to some reasons , house chores actually , I will not be doing updates every day ( only on Monday's and Tuesdays  )  .Bhalla and Alujna have very kindly volunteered to help me ..I am sure they both will do very well ...Hope the show picks up so you don't just read updates but would wish to watch it as well..
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
there so many negative tracks going on right noe...they really need to show some happy scenes as it is getting very depressing to watch this show now!!