Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@Shilpita:

You are very right. There has to be a line drawn to start and end the show. Like how it used to be earlier when a serial would get 13 episodes and later it still was restricted to 52 episodes (otherwise Ramayan and Mahabharat wouldn't have been completely told as a story! this trend of 52 episodes started with these serials!). Now LTL is approaching its logical end and without dragging or pulling off replacement or storyline change stunts, it can conclude happily. But no! Channels love to drag it till it reaches the breaking point and then they are forced to cut it! Why? Wish sensible people operate entertainment industry. Well, sensible people are anyway scarce in almost all fields! But the sad part is that sensible people are the ones who don't get employment!!! That is the irony of it all!!
Edited by mozart66 - 13 years ago
duttarpita thumbnail
Hi Jayati, I totally agree with you.

Like you, me too, at present i am watching only LTL among all TV serials...I Am not at all a TV addict. It was the unique character of LTL and without any doubt MR's brilliant acting as DSP  that attracted me. Lke shilpita, I would also say that Initially,  i was blindly in love with LTL....later specially after FR LTL  has become somehow not so interesting for me but frankly speaking it is only and only MR's acting for which like PAVLOV's DOG, I switch on my tv at 8.30 to watch LTL...Please dear friends....don't think that I am criticising other actor's hard work....but if  the main storyline is getting diverted ( which I feel is going to be ) in near future where Nakusha will possibly be seen with either plastic surgery kiya hua NEW DUTTA ( new actor ) or with some other person, then for me there is no point to watch this OLD WINE IN A NEW BOTTLE!!!!

FRIENDS....I THINK IN THIS WORLD TODAY, AS YOU CAN SEE DEVILS ARE IN MAJORITY AND THEY ARE REALLY WINNING MOMENTARILY BY DESTROYING SO MANY COUNTRIES , SO MANY CIVILIZATIONS, MAY BE IN LTL TOO, THERE WILL BE NO DUSHT KA DAMAN, RATHER WE WILL SEE DUST KA JEET...

Arpita

deactivated1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: tintiny

Dear Friends,

I don't know if you are feeling the same or not but somehow for the last few days I am feeling that somebody has put fire $^$^%##(  of the creatives (I will not swear as I am a decent girlπŸ˜›) they are running at a break neck speed after lazying around and going slow for last few months...anyway must have got good reasons from their incentive getting stuck to deadlines to be met (for whatever reason).

What bugs me is in the name of serial making, many of the serials start of well with interesting storyline, good acting, new leads etc etc., and when it gains fan following alongwith a slot in the TRP ranking it starts going down, sloppy direction, episode full of bloopers, stunded story telling etc etc, result - we get angry, start bashing in various forums but the addiction is too much to let go specially when we are in love with our leads.

Naku gets the flower from the dangerous terrain all by herself walking through the jungle alone in the middle of the night and Dutta gets back his eyes within fraction of second ...agar aise ho it is a miracle in medical sciences and Mahadev Bhai what are you doing in that jungle come to our concrete jungle and become a millionaire in no time!!  No I am not here to mock at the script but let us put our priorities right...

1) a good entertaining show with proper direction and editing (please don't say from Indian serials we should not expect ....why not?  If others can do it, why not us)

2) A story with a proper ending

3) Last but not the least leads getting replaced and the serial dragging, breaking hearts of the fans...I am not an avid serial watcher, at present this is the only serial I am watching, let me know how many serials have gained their original heights after one of the lead getting replaced?  When Bani got replaced in Kasam Se, while we wished Prachi all the best for her bollywood career, we hated the replacement...nothing was wrong with the actress but then we could not accept her, she was just not our Bani!

I don't know if MR is seriously leaving, there are  a lot of rumours, if so I will wish him all the best as he deserves better with all his talent...this serial is no more what it used to be and I can understand his frustrations!!  Your thoughts friends, Love Tin

Word πŸ‘ This is what I've been repeating for the past month and a half, but for some reason my words were interpreted as buzzkillers πŸ˜†

ANYHOW, you nailed it, sweets. LTL isn't what it used to be. It has fallen below its standards and that's what I've been pointing out. There was no reason to do this to a perfectly great show, but again I think that the channel has been meddling with it since they own the show. What can the CVs do other than try and stay as true to the original story-line/characters as possible while at the same time satisfying the channel?

But what's done is done. No one can undo the past three months of chaos and stray characters, etc. We can only enjoy DSP back in his full avatar and kicking some ullu butt. It's frustrating to know that LTL came to this, quality-wise and content-wise, but I feel like I can overlook it now, because 1) DSP is back and 2) Mishal did such a beautiful job as a blind man away from his home.

The show is moving with jet-speed right now and it was expected. Considering how they dragged it during the uncertainty of whether Mishal was going or staying. Now they have a deadline to meet and all that jazz. Whatever. I'm just gonna enjoy DSP in action (even if it's his final moments). Then if Mishal leaves, I'm gonna flip Colors off and stalk Mishal onto his next project.

Congratulations, Colors. You're about to throw a break-up party πŸ˜† With your viewers πŸ˜†
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
TRPs have fallen already, will the Channel still not learn a lesson?
soaplover1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I totally agree with u..they start a serial with good story line and then dont know how to finish it....there is no point in dragging a serial for years with no story and crazy twists and turns...in the end all serials end up with same story lines and same twists and turns. If you really want to watch good dramas with good acting and good ending then u should watch Pakistani dramas...no overacting , solid storyline and good endings.One such drama that just ended last week is qaid-e-tanhai...it was exellent drama with 18-19 episodes....and u can find them on u tube. another good one is Parsa...although its a bit drag like other soaps but still acting is superb and no crazy sisters trying to kill their brothers and the crap that happens in almost every soap...be it Kasam se, or banoo main teri dulhan or laagi...they are all the same where sisters r faking their love and going against their brother for no reason at all and the poor brother and his ever sacrficing wife r suffering for no reason at all.

hope the creatives learn from their mistakes and try to produce good dramas with good stories. 

LaTuLa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Guys

Just read a post on IF by @ ssroomani called  TRPs=Serial Killers.
Please do look at it, cos we are not the only one's who feel like this..

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1642522

i agree to evry word of urs....
wats d fact is even if mishal cums bck aftr  4-5 mnths to save d dying show it wnt wrk..
After much hyped exit of karan singh grover,Rati Pandey,Shilpa Anand,Smriti Irani evn when they were brought bck again their respective shows cldnt gain d same success rate nd went off air in few months....

d audience hs grown smarter nd they ust cnt trust d same PH nd channel again nd again as they fear their trust might b broken again.

nd as u mentioned audience cnt take d replacement as well..Bani of kasam se nd young krishna of jai shri krishna(a show on colors)when got replaced it wsnt accepted

btw aftr dutta came bck..he saw naku fr d first time aftr soooo many days..dnt we rembr hw much he longed to see her.nd now when they came face to face today there was no emotional exchange..just an comforting eye contact wld hv done dat..Naku remained expressionless...πŸ˜•

Wat anoys me is d fact dat they just changed storyline of LTL....so ruthlessly killed d character of Kala...I mean she hated dutta coz his father killed Shriram patil....nd wat is she doing now...She hs ploted death fr her mother,sisters,husband...she was NEVER meant to be dis Life Taking woman..

.wat is thisπŸ˜•

Nd d bigger question...WHO IS THE BADI HASTI????
Edited by shikhachopra - 13 years ago
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
You know what is sad that shows which are being dragged for eternity do work..look at kyunki saas,kahani ghar ghar,kasuti,kasam se,balika vadhu,uttran. wait how many generations did the viranis in myunki had...there was baa, then her son, then his son, then his son,then his son...when asked in a talkshow which is aired on interantion TV as a joke how old is this Baa...the woman very conveniently joked about it being a need...how she picks out options A,B,C...whether to replace actor,kill the charcter or bring in new generation...its like she does it on her whim to take petty pleasure at creating her own world and making people play on her tunes...and many of us still watch it. Why don't we just stop it? instead of blaming them just stop watching the show..TRPs fall,the show falls and they are without there tried and tested formulae..i am sure if MR exits many of us won't watch the show...but there are people who don't come to forums and don't read TC..i am sutre they will still continue watching..and colors will keep showing the crap..till nakku is great garndmother..i to think i found this channel different when they ended shows like more rang de, jeevansaathi and many others with lot of grace and decorum..
agree with u very well said...πŸ‘
nik_ita thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shikhachopra

i agree to evry word of urs....

wats d fact is even if mishal cums bck aftr  4-5 mnths to save d dying show it wnt wrk..
After much hyped exit of karan singh grover,Rati Pandey,Shilpa Anand,Smriti Irani evn when they were brought bck again their respective shows cldnt gain d same success rate nd went off air in few months....

d audience hs grown smarter nd they ust cnt trust d same PH nd channel again nd again as they fear their trust might b broken again.

nd as u mentioned audience cnt take d replacement as well..Bani of kasam se nd young krishna of jai shri krishna(a show on colors)when got replaced it wsnt accepted

btw aftr dutta came bck..he saw naku fr d first time aftr soooo many days..dnt we rembr hw much he longed to see her.nd now when they came face to face today there was no emotional exchange..just an comforting eye contact wld hv done dat..Naku remained expressionless...πŸ˜•

Wat anoys me is d fact dat they just changed storyline of LTL....so ruthlessly killed d character of Kala...I mean she hated dutta coz his father killed Shriram patil....nd wat is she doing now...She hs ploted death fr her mother,sisters,husband...she was NEVER meant to be dis Life Taking woman..

.wat is thisπŸ˜•

Nd d bigger question...WHO IS THE BADI HASTI????

very well written Shikha...πŸ‘πŸΌ
@bold.....so true....