Laagi Tujhse Lagan

In the name of serial making!

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Dear Friends,

I don't know if you are feeling the same or not but somehow for the last few days I am feeling that somebody has put fire $^$^%##(  of the creatives (I will not swear as I am a decent girl😛) they are running at a break neck speed after lazying around and going slow for last few months...anyway must have got good reasons from their incentive getting stuck to deadlines to be met (for whatever reason).

What bugs me is in the name of serial making, many of the serials start of well with interesting storyline, good acting, new leads etc etc., and when it gains fan following alongwith a slot in the TRP ranking it starts going down, sloppy direction, episode full of bloopers, stunded story telling etc etc, result - we get angry, start bashing in various forums but the addiction is too much to let go specially when we are in love with our leads.

Naku gets the flower from the dangerous terrain all by herself walking through the jungle alone in the middle of the night and Dutta gets back his eyes within fraction of second ...agar aise ho it is a miracle in medical sciences and Mahadev Bhai what are you doing in that jungle come to our concrete jungle and become a millionaire in no time!!  No I am not here to mock at the script but let us put our priorities right...

1) a good entertaining show with proper direction and editing (please don't say from Indian serials we should not expect ....why not?  If others can do it, why not us)

2) A story with a proper ending

3) Last but not the least leads getting replaced and the serial dragging, breaking hearts of the fans...I am not an avid serial watcher, at present this is the only serial I am watching, let me know how many serials have gained their original heights after one of the lead getting replaced?  When Bani got replaced in Kasam Se, while we wished Prachi all the best for her bollywood career, we hated the replacement...nothing was wrong with the actress but then we could not accept her, she was just not our Bani!

I don't know if MR is seriously leaving, there are  a lot of rumours, if so I will wish him all the best as he deserves better with all his talent...this serial is no more what it used to be and I can understand his frustrations!!  Your thoughts friends, Love Tin

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Azy- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
a agree with u!!

Like u said we will not be able to relate to replaced dutta, as MR is Dutta and no one will be able to replace him!! So it will be useless, the show will be put to and end whether they kill D or replace D!!! simple!

LTLFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
These serials start on an interesting note. But they are not able to follow it up. They only plan the initial storyline and they don't have any idea of what's going to happen later or how they want to end it.

In LTL they postponed the FR so many times, i guess it was because they didn't have any idea what to to after FR and they did the FR only when it became absolutely unavoidable - cannot be dragged on more. After FR, LTL is not the same anymore(apart from a very few episodes).

BV was good initially but later they did know what to do. They tried to drag young anandi track as long as they could as the little anandi was popular. Once they didn't have any choice, they made the leap and replaced with grownup anandi. After that they show has gone from bad to worse. Right now they seem to have no good idea and they have put triangle idea and all her "I will get Educated" talk last week is all wasted.

Uttran was also good initially till both the leads(Iccha & Tapasya) were kids, after they grew up(after Leap), the same story - they don't really know what they want to do. They just twist the story as per TRPs and availabilty / popularity of the actors.
Lekz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Completely with you....Am not sure what to do with my depressed self...and MR hasn't even left and the news not even confirmed .

Word to what you said - guess most of the shows start well with lot of promises, but somewhere the acceptability factor changes every thing....they try the most ridiculous things out and am surprised viewers accept them.

Read somewhere - Show XXX on scanner - love triangle track introduced.
Does that mean a love traingle is always what people want to see. Urban or rural...to me sounds attrocious.

I agree that its difficult to expect logic and reason in some tracks, like in the movies...some things can be left to fantasy ....but I do not understand whats happening here at all....

To build a 'Romeo Juliet''  kinda love story and then let Juliet fall in love with someone else is unacceptable by any standards.

Yesterday we heard Kalawati say - Dutta aur Nakku to saath jiyenge and saath marenge or something to that  effect.....thats fine with me.

I cannot accept anyone else as Dutta and I cannot accept anyone other than Dutta with Nakku....

Maybe am getting too serious with a fiction but can't help.

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Jayati,

Agree with you on all the points...there are numerous shows which start of as good and innovative ideas..but then the PH doesn't know where to stop. I keep up with almost all shows storylines without even watching them. every show starts off fresh..Balika vadhu was good uttran and laadoo were good..bairi piya was good because i seriously felt disgust for the lead..like you said Kasam se was good so were so many but..along the way they just get lost in tRP games and keep introducing new characters...i miss the days when we had a fixed script and fixed starcast like i9n dekh bhia dekh...sea hawks, srimaan srimaati,tutu main main...shanti,swabhiman..they were good concrete stoty but i feel they started the trend of shows becoming soaps and dragging..shanti and swabhiman started when i was in 2nd standard and continued right till i was in 7th ithink...
then ekta started the trend of replacing actors.earlier it was some minor character and leads were treated as too sacred to be touched..but apni donessa she proved that she owns every one of her actors and she can make and break them too and the trend started...other industries make progress by finer execution, quality acting and scripting..we are going backwards..we either copy paste westren reality shows or we get bigger sets and expensive costume and jewellery or even get other actors to perform ridiculous item numbers..

A note if any Creative is really reading...IF WE WANT DISGUSTING THUMKA MAROING DANCES ON OUR TV SETS YOU DON"T HAV E TO PROVIDE IT....WE GET THAT ENOUGH IN MOVIES WHERE NOW STORY IS NOT IMPORTANT AND ONLY SHEILLAS AND MUNNIS AND JALEBI BAIS ARE NEEDED.. i can't believe that channels like ndtv news,aajtak actually had a hiour segment on who won last year munni or sheilla...when all the time the adarsh controversy was ripe in the air..my pointy being..garbage is not restricted to only entertainment and daisly shows it in every channels news,sports ..evrything..99 satelite channels and i keep surffing coz there nothing to watch..sometimes take refuge in english movies or cartoons..

really instead of trying for pshycho twists and turns..why don't they stick to the tag line of the shows...childhood mariage kill the childhood...finish it with that....female foetocide...finish with daughters being accepted...story of second hand handouts to child and jealousy of rich kid..finish it with a lesson on how to handle disturbed insecure kids..a girl painting ehr face black to escape human trafficking..finish it with her finding love and protection in a unconventional saviour in darks arms..why do we need taht drag..

this way there is always scope to show something new with new faces and even actors would not get bored of same charcters..and teh shows and characters will stay memorable.

thats wat has been happening with LTL for me...i have been missing the magic..but i stil strove on..the editing and execution glitches killed it for me right at the beginning of JMM2...i can't seem to get over Mahi's reboks..and only mR was his acting kept me drawn..if he is not there.....then...sigh..it was good in th beginning..great in between...bearable to the end..
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with you in that serial making has become a fad these days. Its like trial and error, without any notion of a concrete storyline. Even if a PH has a fixed storyline in mind, if the show starts doing well, then the channel starts milking it for what its worth, and killing it by replacing actors, directors, etc...anything to satisfy their itch.
There used to be a cartoon called "Itchy and Scratchy Show" on the Simpsons, these serials and their channel makers should all star in that, just goes to show how much politics there is to contend with.
I am also surprised that a democratic nation like ours, has no say in what content is served up to us? I mean, there has to be a way, maybe a legal way, to get this across, that the show runs because it has viewers, not because there is a politician there to make his case.
One of the reasons, I like to watch detective series, is because there is no continuation as such, and you get a new plot everytime, which makes detachment easy.
With a soap like this, the attachment becomes too much, and the soap has lathered so much, that it just wont come off.
And inspite of saying that I wont let this happen again, you get swept off your feet by some other "promising" show, and it will also suffer the same fate as other good ones.
The TV industry in India needs a good overhaul, a shake up with some honest individuals and scripts running the show, as otherwise, corruption is what is going to sell.

Thanks for letting me vent!
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Alas!!   our 24/7 tv industry .  They have to somehow fill those hours  with any crap.  It is cut throat business, forget quality nd sensibilities.   It is our foolishness that we get hooked to the crap served in the name of entertainment.  I had steered clear of all these shows for a long time till MR's acting nd persona attracted me to LTL, this forum got me hooked irrevocably.  Not that i regret it but will be wiser.  All these years i was addicted to the news, sports nd adventure reality shows.  These days even news is nothing but sensationalism nd favouritism.   From the nearly 200 channels u can hardly find any programme worth wasting time.  I still find some of our regional programmes doing better in terms of quality nd content nd r handled well.  Coming to LTL, the downturn had begun since Jan but was hoping for some miracle against all odds.  One day u were treated with superlative performances which would tide us atleast for a week nd then back to sloppy work, repitative or dragging tracks.  Because we r addicted to the show or to the actors we tend to overlook the shortcomings nd wait for the next day.  Now with the latest rumours things have taken an ugly turn.   Eversince they started i had a strong feeling that things r not ok with the show nd it did reflect in the way it was handled.  Many felt that some of us who pointed these things as being negative.  Its a sad state of affairs nd if the latest rumours r to be believed it is a blessing in disguise as i will finally put an end to the misery of me watching the show nd cribbing.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
I agree with everything you have written, they all ruin it after initial good start, I have stopped watching many serials just after 2or 3 months. Then they are forced to end it due to trp going down. the only solution is Ph should be given freedom, there should be a good storyline from start to finish, show should be aired for a fixed time period, if they want to add big changes, then they can come again with season2, 3. But noone should be allowed to play with or destroy the show.
niki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
sorry girls if i offend any body in this forum but i want to say clearly that it is only mrs acting that motivates me to this show otherwise it is the most kachra show every body from director to cvs toeditor has lost it after the jmm1 track it has been good only in bits and pieces damodar patil and ganpati utsav tracks were totlal crap i went through that torture only bcos of mr even after fr there are only few scenes in fact you can count them on fingers which can be remembered  for their excellence eg ot scene naku tying thread on duttas hand etc there also mr and mv were responsible to make them memorable  during the course cvs got so obsessed with their negative characters that so much screen space was wasted on them instead of showing that nakus selflessness changes duttas attitude towards her slowly it was shown that after accident he suddenly realises that he cant live without her as earlier they were busy showing kala and sud eating chicken legs and drinking where was the time  even after accident we had to go through the torture of watching seema and chachas dead expressions duttas fan scene was to one of the classics i had to face so much embarrasment  as my father and brotherand his friends were also watching and i was pained to see that an actor of mrs calibre became  the object of ridicule for them just bcos some intelligent cvs had conceived the scene that way please tell me honestly how many of you would have watched the same show if mr was not there in fact there are many shows which have betterstorylines and their direction is much better but i donot watch them as the actors in those shows fail to hold my attention for long
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Friends,

It is time we raise our voices against showing of such craps, frankly speaking I would love to see a quality show maybe thrice a week instead of watching crap ...yes me too watching this show for MR, he exits, I too exit...if I stay back here at all will be for the friends I made in this forum and nothing else.

As Shilpi said what cannot you end a story with what you have started it...be it child marriage, dowry issues etc etc... I have no objection to seeing love triangles, divorces, affairs etc...but does it go with the storyline.?..Ekta started a trend of replacing the actor, ok it has had its run, now replace it with something else, we are copying western shows many say but then why only the content, why cannot we copy their film making, blooper free episodes, nice direction, believable script....friends, it is time for the serial makers to understand that a story should be told as long as it can hold interest of the viewers...including the actors potraying the characters, it is also dredful to see boring / tired looking actors essaying through the role just for sake of money as the role does not excite him/her anymore...!!