What I didn't like in BHPH.....

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
There have been no topics on the show lately so I wanted to get some discussion going.

I am a fan of this show, let me say that first and foremost, but I would like to just state that there are certain things about certain characters that were my pet peeves (things that I found irritating) on BHPH.  I would like to state them here and would appreciate it if you all would partake in the discussion and list your pet peeves or what you didn't like.

So here is my list:

1) Saachi's crying.  I couldn't STAND it.  She cried like a child throwing a tantrum.  A whimper turned into a full on emotional breakdown within a milisecond and would get shut off just as quickly.  It reminded me of a toddler who cries for a toy and stops immediately when the toy is put in his hands.  I wished she cried more like a woman.  I felt sympathy for Saachi during those scenes, but I never empathized.  As a direct contrast, I cried when Shravan did during the episodes in February.

2) Niddhi's eye makeup.  The raccoon look doesn't suit ANYONE.

3) Shravan's stupidity.  When they made Shravan out to be a complete baffoon (I said baffoon sabzi family - not baboon 😆 ) before he got kicked out of the house, I couldn't stand it.  He was never that idiotic and I just wanted to shake him and say 'You are not that stupid!!!'

4) Mami.  Everything about that character irritated me.  

and lastly

5) Mama's accusations.  Is anyone else thoroughly annoyed with the fact that that man never apologized to Shravan for a) calling him a wife beater and b) accusing him of having an affair with Shreya.

So that's my list.  I am interested in yours.  Please share.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you Anu..

I also could NOT stand Saachi crying in the beginning of the marriage & the show ! IT was really irritating & she really acted like a kid which pissed me off !!!😡  After the confession track then I started to really like Saachi....until after her accident😡

I couldn't stand Shravan being a jerk to Saachi & treating her like crap when they first got married...

Tara was annoying too - her attitude was irritating !! Especially when she would lash out Saachi....!!

Mama was stupid too....I didn't like his attitude either

Pratap was dumb during the contract track......I started hating him during the time when he was trying to fix Saachi's marriage w/ Ranbeer😡

Mami was a whiner too....

Nidhi looked like a raccoon with tht heavy eye makeup..😕
Edited by mirchi_tirchi - 13 years ago
-Jahnvi- thumbnail
Anu, great discussion topic👍🏼
You have just about shortlisted everything. I am only going to add to the characters you mentioned above.

1. Mami - Her whimpering. The way she used to get all hyper regarding EVERYTHING just irritated the heck outta me. She makes this "squeaky" noise (hard to explain) which gave me shivers every time I heard it.

2. Mama - Like you said, the man never apologized after every time he was proved wrong which is simple NOT DONE. No one, and that is, absolutely NO ONE behaves like that especially with their "son-in-law" in India (if you know what I mean) and his behavior just crossed all the limits there ever could be.

3. Nita - Her clothes! I am sorry but her sarees were very unappealing. Along with her hairstyle - straight hair (according to me) don't suit her facial structure at all.

4. Nidhi - Yes!! Her eye makeup. I wonder what her make up artist thought before sticking all that stuff above her eyes. Totally a raccoon😆.

5. Babu - His "ramji" obsession.

6. Rajat - His expressionless face.

7. Dadi - Her necklaces. Puh-leez, there could have been some variety at least.

8. Last but definitely not the least, SANCHI'S CRYING!!! Yes, I agree with you completely on this, Anu. It's like she had this hidden fountain inside and as soon as someone said something to her, she would turn it on in an instant. What irritated me the most was the way she talked while crying.

This is my list! Can't think of anything else at the moment. If I do, will come back and add.
Aanchal15 thumbnail

Nice topic, Anu. Completely agree with you, on most of the points.

Mama- Falsely accusing, without asking for forgiveness.

Mami- Ficklemindedness, and her moaning.

Nidhi- Her awful, eye makeup.

Madhura- Not voicing her opinions.

Saachi- Her sobbing, at the drop of a hat.

Shravan-His callous attitude towards Saachi, and acting stupid and dumb, during the Bhaagam bhag track.

Nani- Her continuous, complaints  and whining.

Davi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Gr8 topic anu. One thing you pointed out was sachi's crying, obviously mama crazy maniac ways. Nani's whining and always blaming sachi for everything that goes wrong. Majorly what irked me was the uncompleted tracks and saurab's incomplete role. Of course, tara...she was really annoying, the way she treated shravan like a puppy dog. For now, thats all, but will come back to edit later.
savan_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
interesting topic to start dear,
i agree with most of the points that u guys have mentioned...i will just add some which i thought were rather annoying to watch..
1). first and foremost both rajat and saurabh were reduced to nothing but mere wallpapers to add to the room decor 😳...they could have as well have done with some dialogues..infact i really wanted to see nita rajat relationship grow with the story (the part where nita gets angry on rajat when saanchi has a showroom in her name)...but then again our ghajini's very well forgot abt that plot...

2). secondly saanchi's blind stares to shravan, she used to go to some lala land i suppose the moment he came in front of her...🤔

3). then again nidhi and shravan's relationship...many will not agree with me on this point..but i really felt that she gave more importance to shravan than her own hubby and shravan holding her pallu and following her like a child for a candy..(kabhi kabhi apni mummy ko bhi poocha karo yaar)

4).the jaiswals jumping to conclusions without regards to the actual facts..

5).psycho mama mami...(who ever treats a son-in-law that way 😲)

omg i have got lots to say...but will cut it short, with the stupid unnecessary cameos .
specially Mr.jinxed who just came in out of nowhere and within months bhph shut shop...😡
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anu spot on with your analysis.. I agree whole heartedly.. A few additions I must mention, though.

Nanni, who portrayed shades of grey,could have done better rather than to just tease and undermine Saachi's self respect..

Rajat and Savarav were never there to support and help Sharavan..Nor were they very participating in any family matters...

My most irritating, annoying, irksome revolting pet peeve was the appearances of cameos one after the other...They just spolied and paved way for thedeath and burial of this show..
Cinderella100 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: savan_fan

interesting topic to start dear,
i agree with most of the points that u guys have mentioned...i will just add some which i thought were rather annoying to watch..
1). first and foremost both rajat and saurabh were reduced to nothing but mere wallpapers to add to the room decor 😳...they could have as well have done with some dialogues..infact i really wanted to see nita rajat relationship grow with the story (the part where nita gets angry on rajat when saanchi has a showroom in her name)...but then again our ghajini's very well forgot abt that plot...

2). secondly saanchi's blind stares to shravan, she used to go to some lala land i suppose the moment he came in front of her...🤔

3). then again nidhi and shravan's relationship...many will not agree with me on this point..but i really felt that she gave more importance to shravan than her own hubby and shravan holding her pallu and following her like a child for a candy..(kabhi kabhi apni mummy ko bhi poocha karo yaar)

4).the jaiswals jumping to conclusions without regards to the actual facts..

5).psycho mama mami...(who ever treats a son-in-law that way 😲)

omg i have got lots to say...but will cut it short, with the stupid unnecessary cameos .
specially Mr.jinxed who just came in out of nowhere and within months bhph shut shop...
😡

I agree with all of the above, more so with the underlined.  This show definately stated to go downhill after his appearance.
anasuya43 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I will agree with all the points from the viewers ,but i won't agree with sanchi's point.that she cries always     The reasons are

1  She is a ordinary girl.

2  she comes from middle class family.

3  She is married to a well do family.

4 it takes for her to  adjust to a new family.

5 The most important thing that she is helpness .she married Shravan on contract basisas she wanted to get out of her mama 's place under any situation

6 .No one to share her feelngs.Every thing is new to her.

7 What she will do nothing but cry .?????

I have seen  girls in sanchi's position in real life.???
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^^^^^
Anasuyaji - I do not have any problem with Saachi crying because of all the reasons you stated.  What irritated me was the way she cried and babbled.  It seemed very forced hysteria.  Interestingly, the only time I truly felt for Saachi was when she cried in the rain in the courtyard, and in that scene, you could not hear her because of the background music.

As for everyone else mentioning the cameos, that was not a minor irritation to me.  It turned out to be complete poison for the show.