Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LovePRSoham thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: malinn

They are not spelling mistakes ..... She types so fast that the order of the words or the spacing gets shifted..... Eg. Typing 'thta' for 'that'..... Or typing 'shew ent' for 'she went'.... These kind of habits also reflect a person's nature..... That's what I was trying to tell Tanyaz.... That she is a lady in a hurry..... Always typing fast..... And then moving on.... It's a nice and sweet quality, mostly found in younger people..... That's all there is to it......

Oh thanks for letting me know.. Even I have this habit and I end up editing many times ๐Ÿ˜ญ

star_wars thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice post.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Usha, no reason you gave us one liners. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜†
Hey malin, i think i know where your thoughts are coming from. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

while you are right to certain extent, i find the characters of PR a little stupid and idiotic. 

Sometimes, characters are analysed based on their reactions to the situations they face and the tracks. While, for the most parts, the flaws of the characters are repittive and thus consistent, but the TRACKS in itself are stupid. Thats where some of the furstration comes in.

take the example of Vaishu and dharmesh: Vaishu chose NOT to tell her mother. WHY? because archana told her not to and that would have put her mother at risk. 
pretty silly to me; because, MOTHER has the power to get thrrough the emotional,mental barriers. 
Archana is emotional and traditional: her thougths as a person were at a diametric opposite of vaishu.
so, WHY the delay. essentialy, the reactions of the characters at present IS wrong, which many people in the forum tend to analyse.

And, there was the whole phase of ArMan running away and calling themselves married without any legal and formal ceremony. to the pratical viwers like me, it seems stupid

then manav, who forgives his in-laws who have caused him MUCH pain, but speaks hurtful words to his mom (mahaepisode and beyond) doesnt make sense. Where is the caring manav then? the dutiful manav then? 
again, to the pratical viewers like me, cannot digest it. 

you have to agree to disagree here, but Archana WAS manipulative. she said" look, madhuri has agrreed to divorce, now lets look for an alternative solution"...

the sharvani situation is another story.๐Ÿ˜† to put simply.. archana's holier than thou attitude ruined another  woman's life. 

so, i just think, the characters are diverse, but their reactions to situations and the tracks itself are debatable and sometimes lack sense needed for the pratical viewer. 
but i will say that, compared to other shows, PR is LOADS better.
Edited by tiya229 - 13 years ago
malinn thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tiya๐Ÿ˜Š

See, there are 3 ways to analyse or look at serials.......

- From the character's POV (based on their own intellect / circumstances)...
- From the viewer's POV - right / v/s wrong.....general public
- From a personal POV - what I would do if I were the character / or the writer of this serial

When the difference between the 1st and 3rd is too much......it leads to frustration......

But, that is what separates a serial from good or bad....... strong characters who are developed well......and behave as a person in that circumstnce would......

For eg. All the K sisters behave differently to the same situation.....Savita and Sulochana also react differently to the same situation.....Ditto for Damo and Manohar......

Expecting the characters to behave logically as per the individual viewer would be unreasonable...

If you gave a Rs. 500/- note to a beggar.....how would he react? If you gave the same to a middle class woman....how would she react? Would you call the beggar greedy? or would you say the woman has a suspicious nature because she asked so many questions?

In the same way.....the viewer needs to expand his/her own viewpoint.....to understand what motivates that character to behave thus???? ......

As one grows up in life...... we understand human nature better...... to be upset or angry with one's parent  or child is sometimes unavoidable....... due to mis-understandings, situations, excess love etc...... like they say, love and hate are divided only by a very thin line.....so when one loves too much and is hurt....moving into the hatred zone is natural...... Incase of a murder, the police first suspect the near and dear and loved ones of the victim.....why???? So Manav-Savita is a love-hate story right now.......absolutely human.....absolutely possible.....

Take the eg. of Vaishali......about the delay....about how Archana reacted,,,,, Archana reacted based on the way she always thinks - about others.....about her mother..... Vaishali knows her since childhood, so she should be able to filter that advise for what its worth...... Now, imagine the situation from Vaishali's POV...... imagine that YOU are her.... you have just found out that the man you love and have married is actually married to another woman.....he has a child with her..... now imagine that you have a child inside you...... the fear and the uncertainty about that child...... a few days back you were over the moon about this same pregnancy and now you have doubts...... then now think about your family...... how will they feel? your mother just loves the fact that you are settled so well...... how will they face all your relatives? the neighbours?...... what will you do?..... where will the baby be born???.... who will bear the expenses???/..... what will you do in your life???...... Manju Vahini will be so happy with your mis-fortune..... etc...etc...

Under such circumstances, Archana suggests not to tell anyone (giving whatever explanation)..... alongwith a solution.....you can live with me..... what would you do???.....maybe you would buy that time to sit and sort your troubled thoughts..... think about the future..... and think about all the ways in which Dharmesh cheated you...... sit and mope and cry and mourn the death of your faith, trust and marriage......

I totally agree with you Tiya, that this serial is good, since it is true to the characters it has created..... we may not agree with them being practical and logical people....... but then the world does not go by us...... so, we have to learn what makes the world go round..... and think from the perspectives of other people..... what they feel.... why they feel like this.... etc....

Too much analysis in this forum has blurred the lines between the characters and the members..... so, its an overlap of myself over Archana....and what I have is a happy hotch-potch of frustration......

I may be wrong.....and I am sure I am..... but thats my honest view-point.....

omshreejaanu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I like ur thread's title - Paralysis by analysis๐Ÿ˜†
Very nice analysis๐Ÿ˜Š

malinn thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Omshreejaanu..... Paralysis by analysis is something I learnt most about when doing my Management.....the intellectuals were always plagued by this problem, and they often ended up making such technical/jargonised projects/presentations..... That the profs also ended up seeing stars trying to make sense of anything...... Hence, this title......

Nice that you noticed and liked it....