Pavitra Rishta

Paralysis by Analysis.......

malinn thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I used to watch PR and then like many others......stopped watching it, but just read the updates and commentaries/analysis/discussions/topics...... (this is NOT a personal post please)......

What I am observing off late.....is that there seems to be a great difference between what one understands about this serial from the updates.......and what is being so hotly discussed......

There will be many who will argue.....so whats your problem????

Well, if the discussions were by say, young girls, discussing everything from point of view of the hotness of the male lead.....then one feels - its ok.....they are just being cute..... OR sometimes....one finds tons of angry posts against some negative character.....one feels - its ok.....they feel passionately about the serial......etc.etc.....

But, in this forum, most people seem to be mature and thinking adults...... I find very intelligent people here......which is why I still love coming here......But, I find too much psycho-analysis of characters..... which actually KILLS the serial and the whole essence of it..... since most of the analysis is very personal and preachy..... one feels like scratching their heads......where did this come from?????

For eg: Varsha: Her character sketch: Smart, career-oriented, rude, brash, beautiful, insensitive etc.... The story so far does total justice to this sketch : she almost ruined her life by running away from home.... (luckily she didn't get pregnant then)..... she lost her child due to her brashness and impulsive nature..... there is nothing more to it......

Savita: This was the strongest and best sketch of a character, since it was so detailed: Stealing from Manav's shirt / lying to Kaka / fighting all the time / using bad language / mercenery etc...... What she is doing now..... is part of that character..... there is nothing much to it..... she is an old woman - so she compunds her problems by health problems..... she is thwarting her son/DIL at each point..... what she is doing now is simply to insult and humiliate her son infront of people who know him and do business with him......it is just another TAMASHA so true of Savita..... remember she went to Archana's house and called hernames and talked about her bad character?...... or fighting in the sabzi market with Varsha?????

Manav: Sweet natured, soft-spoken, responsible, unable to talk back since he does not like hurting people etc., totally dedicated to his mother and family..... He too is acting out of this sketch..... he tried his best to be the dutiful son..... then when he married Archana....she became his family too....so he is right in wanting her acceptance in his family...... a man MUST stand by his wife...... he has never given up on his mother.......he has always understood her and knows her nature.... he is hurt by her behaviour ..... which the serial seems to show again and again...... Mis-understandings are natural in life...... but he has always been true to his nature.....

Archana: Sweet, helping, dumb, totally besotted by Manav etc...... She never tried to take Manav from his family......This woman has always wanted to be with the Deshmukhs...... If the in-laws don't accept her or allow her in her house...... it is but-natural for a woman to turn to her own family and support..... As regards manipulative nature etc...... ?????

Vaishali- Madhuri: Its a simple case of bigamy......too much is being made of it..... Madhuri was the first wife.....so technically, she is as much a victim as Vaishali......The man did wrong by both of them..... and then fled..... now all the psycho-analysis about delays in action / manipulation etc...... is all just that...... once such an incident happens..... people react - humans react - so, Archana feels that Madhuri is wronged?  Madhuri was ok with his marriage with Vaishali - any middle-class person will want to patch a marriage - no matter how bad..... there is nothing manipulative about it...... Family always comes first....Vaishali is her sister at the end of it...... So, if Madhuri is ok with the divorce and Vaishali (who is pregnant) gets back with her husband......whats wrong? Such thinking from a middle-class not so educated person is not manipulative  - its simply that - HER POV or THINKING......

Dharmesh's mother coming back to make amends is simply for the GRANDCHILD...... there is no love lost for Vaishali whom she was quick to call names...... Again, Sulochana was always shown as wnating rich husbands for her daughters..... so wanting Vaishali to go back to her in-laws is just that...... being true to one's character trait...... there is no DEEP thinking or psychology behind it.....

Damodar's character is one where they have gone choppy: Must be due to the fact that he was to be bumped off early in the serial ....... so he was shown to be a thief and beggar-like and drunkard in the worst sense of the word...... but then, he had to undergo amputation of his toes in one foot due to diabetes..... long hospitalisation and lack of funds..... Ekta took pity on him and to help him extended his character by re-introducing him.......and so, they went from bad guy to good guy etc.......

My whole point of this post is that I am continuously surprised and taken aback by what I read..... If there is only a humorous take to it.....like before, then its ok...... but the discussions are such that one is bound to sit back and wonder - WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?????/

If anyone finds this post offensive and complains to the moderators, then it is my request that please delete this post right away....... and if there are any who agree/disagree with me......are most welcome to have a healthy debate and dialogue.......

Thanks....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

archanamanav thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
very nicely written about the characters in the show..😊
LovePRSoham thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice analysis of each character. I agree with your post 😊
karsri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Excellent analysis of each character. I agree with every word you said.
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I liked the character analysis .The only bit I do not agree at all is how can anyone feel OK about Vaishali going  back to Dharmesh ??

Your analysis on Manav is also good but that is the Manav of now ..to be honest I think he was very bad to Archana ....but after he married her ( second time ) he seems to be really making up for the wrong he did to her so now I like him .....

malinn thumbnail
Thanks Karsari and Armanfan1 .....And ArchanaManav.....
Edited by malinn - 13 years ago
malinn thumbnail
Tanyaz..... You write nice updates..... And you seem to have the habit of typing so fast that sometimes you mix the sequence of the letters (thne) or join two words (thati s)..... And your nature is so impulsive that you rarely have the patience to go back and double-check your work.... :) correct me if I am wrong....... Just what I made of your posts.....

As regards Vaishali going back to Dharmesh...... What I said is that if Archana wants it.... It is because of the character level thinking of a middle-class not so educated girl...... For her to think like that is maybe natural...... Not manipulative.... Again.... The same thinking is Sulochana's..... But not Varsha or Vaishali.... Since they are educated and women about the world....

That's what I meant to say......
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: malinn

Tanyaz..... You write nice updates..... And you seem to have the habit of typing so fast that sometimes you mix the sequence of the letters (thne) or join two words (thati s)..... And your nature is so impulsive that you rarely have the patience to go back and double-check your work.... :) correct me if I am wrong....... Just what I made of your posts.....

As regards Vaishali going back to Dharmesh...... What I said is that if Archana wants it.... It is because of the character level thinking of a middle-class not so educated girl...... For her to think like that is maybe natural...... Not manipulative.... Again.... The same thinking is Sulochana's..... But not Varsha or Vaishali.... Since they are educated and women about the world....

That's what I meant to say......

Ok, I get it ...
I hope vaishali doesn't listen to her mother and Archana here ..I want her to be  with a betetr guy .She can do better than this Dharmesh ..The guy did such a nasty fraud on her ..

And yes ..I make a million mistakes and am too tired by the end of the update to go and correct everything  ...😳
Members here are so sweet . They still keep thanking me ....

I check a little bit but then  I just post it ....
Edited by Tanyaz - 13 years ago
malinn thumbnail
Totally agree with you on that Tanyaz.... Vaishali deserves better.....

I agree with you there..... Members of this forum are very nice..... Including you.....

Your updates are really nice..... Well- sectioned.... Easy to read and understand..... I used to make mistakes similar to yours..... I still do, but growing older has made me change..... Age also makes a person less impulsive and more careful and more BORING..... :)

karsri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: malinn

Thanks Karsari and Armanfan1 .....And ArchanaManav.....

You are welcome. I wish you also mentioned about all the other evil things savita has done (what all she did to get manav sign the divorce papers, abusing archana, trying to kill her, etc,,,). In my POV
 no divorce, no sravani in manav's life, no  2 years of hell for manav, etc...  No human being/mother  will do the things she has done to manav and archana.