Sid: a sponge:Mod's note PG7

Posted: 13 years ago
A sponge absorbs everything in itself. After reading these days episodes, I feel Sid is like a sponge. Neither Nivedita nor Viren ever thought any good about him, what they thought was how to punish him, sometime Sid was at fault, sometime not. Both Nivedita and Viren were highly instrumental for Sid's "unwilling" marriage to Divya. Viren's mother schemed, Viren schemed against Sid. Nivedita in her sacrifice mode gave up Sid during engagement, and in her revenge mode, made sure Sid gets married to someone, who he does not love.

Today, the irony is its Sid only who is making Viren understand and also trying to resolve the difference.πŸ˜† He probably can feel the pain, how it is to get parted from people one loves.  He has the heart to feel the pain, a heart to seek apology when committing mistake, and also to forgive when a mistake is being done to him. Neither Nivedita nor Viren could forgive Sid's mistake or "no mistake". Nivedita was never even properly- apologetic to Sid for labelling him "stalker", still Sid is trying in his means to unite them.

Forgiveness, seeking apology, dutifulness etc are associated with Sid... and I am glad that he is not complaining to anyone, neither DS for bringing a wife like Divya, or to Nivedita for misunderstanding him or Viren, for trying to frame him. Whatever Nivedita did for Viren, was for her own husband, sooner or later, she also will confess how much she loves him and that only because she loves Viren, she did all these. Sid, in his own way, is not onyl trying to find peace with his insensitive wife, but also trying to resolve the difference between the two persons: Nivedita and Viren, by making them realise their love! what a tragedy. Niovedita and Viren made sure Sid spens his life with a girl he does not love, and Sid on the other hand is trying to make Viren and Nivedita understand their love for each other.πŸ˜†

I am wondering what story they tried to start in July and where they landed!πŸ˜†

Edited by Omshanti1111 - 13 years ago
This story seems to proceed now in the direction of Anil Kapoor-Kajol movie
this is the biggest tragedy of the characters: that Nivedita and Viren did everything possible to get Sid married to a girl, whom he did not love and was literally struggling during those days. At time, Nivedita and Viren were just remembering how to complete their revenge, Nivedita wanted revenge for her insult and Viren for being deprived.

The fate is today the same person Sid is wishing their union, as he can feel that both live each other and Sid is trying to act as a catalyst for their union...🀣
Nobody forced S. to get married t Divya. It was he who had agreed to the marriage. Nobody dragged hom to the mandap and put a gun on his head and forced him to maary. Divya asked him so many timess before marriage that y is he not happy it was he who preferred not to say anything and if u rememebr Nivi did agree to get married to him until that confrontation happened and S. insulted her family so y always S. is being portrayed so innocent one.
Originally posted by zarmeeno

Nobody forced S. to get married t Divya. It was he who had agreed to the marriage. Nobody dragged hom to the mandap and put a gun on his head and forced him to maary. Divya asked him so many timess before marriage that y is he not happy it was he who preferred not to say anything and if u rememebr Nivi did agree to get married to him until that confrontation happened and S. insulted her family so y always S. is being portrayed so innocent one.
  i totally agree with u nivi dnt force him to get married she just told him that she was going to marry some1 else if he really dnt want to get married he should have been man enough and told every1 that he dnt want to get married. the only reason sid is in this situation 2day is coz he was a coward.
Originally posted by Omshanti1111

A sponge absorbs everything in itself. After reading these days episodes, I feel Sid is like a sponge. Neither Nivedita nor Viren ever thought any good about him, what they thought was how to punish him, sometime Sid was at fault, sometime not. Both Nivedita and Viren were highly instrumental for Sid's "unwilling" marriage to Divya. Viren's mother schemed, Viren schemed against Sid. Nivedita in her sacrifice mode gave up Sid during engagement, and in her revenge mode, made sure Sid gets married to someone, who he does not love.

Today, the irony is its Sid only who is making Viren understand and also trying to resolve the difference.πŸ˜† He probably can feel the pain, how it is to get parted from people one loves.  He has the heart to feel the pain, a heart to seek apology when committing mistake, and also to forgive when a mistake is being done to him. Neither Nivedita nor Viren could forgive Sid's mistake or "no mistake". Nivedita was never even properly- apologetic to Sid for labelling him "stalker", still Sid is trying in his means to unite them.

Forgiveness, seeking apology, dutifulness etc are associated with Sid... and I am glad that he is not complaining to anyone, neither DS for bringing a wife like Divya, or to Nivedita for misunderstanding him or Viren, for trying to frame him. Whatever Nivedita did for Viren, was for her own husband, sooner or later, she also will confess how much she loves him and that only because she loves Viren, she did all these. Sid, in his own way, is not onyl trying to find peace with his insensitive wife, but also trying to resolve the difference between the two persons: Nivedita and Viren, by making them realise their love! what a tragedy. Niovedita and Viren made sure Sid spens his life with a girl he does not love, and Sid on the other hand is trying to make Viren and Nivedita understand their love for each other.πŸ˜†

I am wondering what story they tried to start in July and where they landed!πŸ˜†
  poor sid πŸ˜‰he never ever does anything wrong but ppl just love to hate him πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† its not coz he is a coward, made poor divya  so unhappy and crazy that she even suspecting her own sister coz of his actions(  always worried ab his sister in law couldnt leave her alone n  couldnt care less ab d the woman he was married to). the only person to make sid unhappy is sid. just coz nivi told him to get married to d n she was going to get married to viren why did he force himself to get married- just coz he couldnt makeup his mind as wat 2 do in his life  he made some1 else feel insecure ab themselves with his action(he belittled her) -looked like he was going to his funeral when he was marrying d- quite frankly the only reason he was holding on to nivi and his love for her 4 so long was coz he made a mistake that is why he couldnt relate to d in the beginning and he was making every1 including himself miserable. quite frankly even though i dnt really lik d in the beginning she is the only 1 i feel sorry for in this whole mess- just imagine having to find out that the only reason your husband married u was coz  his ex told him to do so and he was 2 much of a coward to refuse. i cnt wait 4 her to find out hope she eats him alive 😑

"a little knowing is a dangerous thing"...

I think many who are hooked to CCBM, did not watch the beginning of CCBM 🀣 and make ignorant comments... its good to be ignorant sometime though🀣...but its really painful to read ignorant comments...this was exactly what had happened in another lead show of the same production house, and its hilarious, to read different interpretations now.

CCBM had a full proof story before Viren was introduced and even before the "fight" had happened.

Those who have watched CCBM will know how Nivedita despite going out for midnight dates and hugging and kissing Sid, just shrugged off Sid even before she and her family was insulted by Soods. I wonder, if instead of Nivedita, Sid was in love with another girl and Nivedita after knowing that Divya loves Sid, what not she would have done to get rid of that girl from Sid's life?...I anticipate she might have played a game with HL to get that girl out of Sid's life and fix Divya into Sid's life.

The beauty of Sid's character is Sid married Divya, just to keep DS's wish, but at the same time when he came to know that Nivedita still loves him, he tried to rectify but Nivedita wanted to marry Viren, she also had her own good reasons. After that, he kept his pain to himself and tried to be a nice husband to Divya and also never ever questioned DS, why DS forced him to marry Divya? He could have easily schemed or planned against DS or shrugged off Divya, but he did not. He could have easily schemed and planned against Nivedita and Viren after knowing how theyt behaved with him but he did not.

My opinion is Nivedita is a "subconsciously" revengeful character, she does not believe in either apologising or forgiving....she will come back to Viren also, but she wants Viren to fall on her feet and cry buckets and then she will accept him.

Sid's life is not in misery. He is self-sufficient, he is adjustible, he is forgiving as well as apologetic on his mistakes.

The post made here was to discuss how Sid is trying to help Viren and Nivedita, those two persons who time and again have only brought pain to him. The two people who despite knwoing that he did not love Divya, never lended a supporting hand to him. Because, both were his revenge mode.

Nivedita is beign projected as someone who udnerstands everyone's pain and is ever forgiving. Does her character hold up to that? She did justcie to Divya, but what about Sid? I am not writing in terms of Nivedita-Sid's marriage, but Sid was not willing to accept Divya. Did Nivedita do anything (not as girlfriend but as a friend) to lessen her friend's pain. If my friend is being forced into a marriage against his wish, will I not try to lessen my friend's pain? Noone knows better than HL and Nivedita that Divya is a complete mismatch for Sid. Divya and HL just wanted Sid, as Sid was a rich guy.
I watched from the beginning and I am not sure that I see what you see.  I don't see Sid as this mahaan person that you are making him out to seem.
1. DS did not force Sid to marry Divya.  He expressed his strong wishes, but Sid never stood up and told anyone (except his mother) that he was in love with someone else.  Sid in his mind cannot stand against his elders even if it's for the sake of his life.  I just wanted him to strictly say that he does not want to marry Divya.  It was a matter of his life, and he just couldn't muster the courage to say - no, I don't want to marry Divya!  He just went along with it, all while feeling miserable.
2. Nivi didn't force Sid to marry Divya.  Yes, she wanted Divya to get happiness.  But, I never saw that she was doing this to get revenge on Sid.  Instead, even after she is upset over the insult to her family, she still thinks of Divya's happiness.  She didn't get married to Viren because of revenge, but to make herself less accessible so that Sid would think about marrying Divya.  And, Nivi never thought of Divya as being unable to love someone ...
3. Divya is capable of loving ... she has changed and started to grow as a character.  I think you and I see very differently about her.  But, I don't see her as the completely selfish character you see.  And, I think that Sid and Divya have started to understand each other and can be happy together.  And, as Divya matures, she will learn how to fend off her mother and start to think for herself.

Originally posted by samirah23

I watched from the beginning and I am not sure that I see what you see.  I don't see Sid as this mahaan person that you are making him out to seem.
1. DS did not force Sid to marry Divya.  He expressed his strong wishes, but Sid never stood up and told anyone (except his mother) that he was in love with someone else.  Sid in his mind cannot stand against his elders even if it's for the sake of his life.  I just wanted him to strictly say that he does not want to marry Divya.  It was a matter of his life, and he just couldn't muster the courage to say - no, I don't want to marry Divya!  He just went along with it, all while feeling miserable.
I remember well, Sid did express to Vandana and Vandana herself talked to DS when he was in hospital. Even CC was aware that Sid was in love with Nivedita.

2. Nivi didn't force Sid to marry Divya.  Yes, she wanted Divya to get happiness.  But, I never saw that she was doing this to get revenge on Sid.  Instead, even after she is upset over the insult to her family, she still thinks of Divya's happiness.  She didn't get married to Viren because of revenge, but to make herself less accessible so that Sid would think about marrying Divya.  And, Nivi never thought of Divya as being unable to love someone ...
True, Sid could have behaved adamant. Everyone could make out he was not happy.,But YD warned VD and Sis, that DS's wish need to be fulfilled. YD herself was not happy about Sharma daughter being married to Sood, but she bowed down to her husband's wish. Your interpretation might be right, but I look at Nivedita's intention as being revengeful towards Sid. That Sid made a mistake and needs to be punished by marrying a girl, he does not love.
3. Divya is capable of loving ... she has changed and started to grow as a character.  I think you and I see very differently about her.  But, I don't see her as the completely selfish character you see.  And, I think that Sid and Divya have started to understand each other and can be happy together.  And, as Divya matures, she will learn how to fend off her mother and start to think for herself.
Human beings know the best for themselves. Divya knew that somehow she had to get married to Sid, even HL and Nivedita knew that once Divya is married to Sid, Sid will never do anything to shrug Divya off. All the women knew Sid's nature that he is soft-hearted and will take all pain, but will never turn down the family's wish or reputation. Sid is adjusting, and he has no other way, as he is married to Divya, this is called "compromise" . He is dutiful towards his wife and his family. And Divya's best bet is to act dutiful and understanding, even if she is not. Divya wanted to marry Sid by hook and by crook and wanted to be known as "Mrs. Sid Sood". She just now needs to act a little smart, make some "good" statements, show a little understanding and time and again make Sid feel guilty. These three things are the keys to her controlling Sid.

to me, a "mahaan" person is someone who is dutiful and who can find happiness in others happiness. Like what Sid is doing, he never questioned DS, that why DS wanted Sid to marry Divya? He accepted DS's wish. As soon as he got married, he never did anything to defame anyone, rather Nivedita blasted him off with allegations of "Sid being characterless and stalking her".He kept all pain in himself, and at the same time bore his wife's allegations and tantrums (if u remember). He never had any complaint against Viren, despite knowing that Viren framed him. Rather he understood Viren's pain and felt his pain.