India-Forums

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * (Page 8)

Darine1980 IF-Rockerz
Darine1980
Darine1980

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Thank you very much for this post!! The title is damn true !

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfoNeebassroomani--Ratna--Faraan92

k_anjali12 IF-Rockerz
k_anjali12
k_anjali12

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
A Well Needed Post !!! From The Past 6 - 7 Months ... I'm Searching  For Atleast One Show Which Really Have The Story Line Unhappy

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfoNeebassroomani--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

--Pooja-- IF-Dazzler
--Pooja--
--Pooja--

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
D shows do start wid a story line...but somewhere along d path...no only is d story lost..d whole essence is lost....d only thing tat keeps viewers r d actors themselves....

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfoNeebassroomani--Ratna--Faraan92

GauravsDbest Goldie
GauravsDbest
GauravsDbest

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Wonderfully expressed, Shobs DiClapTotally apt title too...I don't understand trps, i don't know the basis on which some shows become popular and some don't...YPNHK got spoiled so horribly, and now DSDV...Even LNMDJ had to succumb to such a fate...They say, DSDV was unsuccessful coz of the crying heroine...But i HAVE seen popular soaps with the quintessential glycerine, big-bindi-vamp, et al...Even some shows on Star One...They may be "Youth-based", but even they are filled with unrealistic incidents, just the type of "unrealism" is different

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

papiaregularinfoNeebassroomaniThinker_Bellesam.--Ratna--Faraan92

Praves Senior Member
Praves
Praves

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Congrats ShobsClap You were excellent... you said it all...!!!Thumbs UpWink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Neebassroomani--Ratna--

GauravsDbest Goldie
GauravsDbest
GauravsDbest

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
trp's really mean nothing...As said and agreed to by many here, it doesn't a properly mirror the tv-audience in its entirity...Even i'd like to join in the request to all creative teams and PHs, please give us a wide palate of good, meaningful shows, each different from the other, with good actors, which cater to the myriad tastes of viewers of all age groups and mindsets...They should come up with concrete, pre-decided storylines and give each actor his/her due...And make the work of each crew member worthwhile...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

papiasam.ssroomani--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

Thinker_Belle IF-Rockerz
Thinker_Belle
Thinker_Belle

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I had posted this a few months back.

Originally posted by visrom

Found an interesting article in Times of India.

Creative freedom on Tv? Not anymore: Smriti

Smriti Z Irani More Pics
As a young girl, defiance was a rule I lived by, for I was denied the right to join the IPS all because I was fascinated by a serial called Udaan. Story of a righteous female cop, Vikram Gokhale as the ideal father and Shekhar Kapur as the love interest. God!

The makers couldn't have done a better job. To rid me of my fantasies all it took was a whack on the head by my parents who felt that the 'idiot box' had a victim right in their living room.

When I look back, creativity then was driven by passion for story telling today its TAM (the agency giving television rating points (TRPs) ratings each week) that gives stories direction. Imagine if Udaan had a 20- year leap and the story progressed to their bahu. Imagine if BR Chopra was told during the making of Mahabharat 'Sir samay ka voiceover work nahi karega. Let's get a celebrity, we will give him designer clothes'. BLASPHEMY!

But today, the honest truth is 'creative freedom' is blasphemous for those who are trying to survive a job. While the viewer is dished out soap after soap "different" from the last one they saw with better costumes and bigger sets; it's those who churn these stories who look forward to an opportunity to do things differently. However, in an industry that revolves around advertising for its daily bread, it's an absolute impossibility to even fantasise about such freedom.

Television today is a 30,000 crore industry with close to 450 channels waiting to take a slice out of the huge advertising pie. In an era that is governed by stiff competition, each and every input that goes into programming is measured, debated, for no one wants to take a chance on the unknown. Hence, TAM has emerged as the epicenter of all these endeavours, for business finds solace in numbers. A definite and defined outline for channels who seek success if numbers are to be believed and research is depended on.

That TV today is synonymous with TRP is no wonder at all. What would be a surprise is if we find a balance between creativity and the compulsions of TAM. It is said in many a serial chinta mat karo beta, waqt ke saath sab badal jayega. Samay bada balwaan hai. All I would say is samay balwaan hoga, lekin kya aap kabhi TAM se mile hai?

Read more: Creative freedom on Tv? Not anymore: Smriti - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Creative-freedom-on-Tv-Not-anymore-Smriti/articleshow/6814857.cms#ixzz13i6bPQPr

I know a lot of TV serial makers visit this forum. Thanks for opening this thread.  I hope they will read this and understand that the audience is bored of the same type of saas bahu and elaborate weddings and heavy-jewellery-clad ladies in kitchens. We really need something fresh and innovative.

Thanks for that article!!

I completely agree W*H Smriti.. The passion of storytelling... thats the key ingredient thats missing...

Its all TAM TRP and etc etc now...

I hope people who make shows will understand that the story should be made the Hero here... thats what a quality show is about... good story!

Keep the out-of-your mind dressing and jewellary if you want to, but please, let there be a STORY in your show!!!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Abby315papiahinzregularinfoNeebarusha4003ssroomanisam.--Ratna--NeerjaapoeticFaraan92

saraaa. IF-Sizzlerz
saraaa.
saraaa.

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Ditto! A must read post for EVERYONE who watches/involved in indian television .. somehow there still manages to be a little life on Indian television (Yup im talking about the actors we have) or else Dead thanks to TRP's and what not!! We are capable of better programming .. but this system has wrecked that apart!!
Wonderful shows that were innovative and had a backbone (a logical story) were aired for such little time and then we have Ekta maam shows going on for years Ouch Not trying to point out certain serial productions but seriously wats up guys?? Why does television have to be soo nervewrecking we the usual Saas bahu drama

These days I can predict everything thats gonna happen .. yup imagine the fun in that
If this TRP system that is killing the essence of a good story was to be erased then *sigh* I really hope that people involved in making a show read this and understand how baseless this TRP crap is

Beautiful post Clap

Edited by KaShBaarish..xx - 23 March 2011 at 4:34pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Abby315GauravsDbestpapiaregularinfoNeebassroomanisam.--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

Go to top