Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fj08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
another case in point- dil se diya vachan... it started off with the promise of a very good story, it is coming to an end this week, since they did not have a time frame in mind which should be read as  'wanted to stretch the drama for maximum TRP'

they did not tell the story that they started out with effectively, i dont blame the CVs for this bcos they have to fit it in the environment available to them

instead if they had started with the plan to tell the entire story in six months, we would have had a better story telling experience and not have rushed through important aspects of a very serious issue

PHULEAZE someone change the way the shows are fit to a TRP image
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I like the idea of seasons as well. In that way, meaningful shows can be retained and in fact, a whole lot of shows, belonging to different genres may be covered.

Also, there would be no need for the dreaded leaps and other meaningless stuff.
--jiya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I just saw this post, and you deserve a standing ovation for this. It is so true that most serials start with a fresh and promising storyline, but they get lost in the TRP tussle eventually, and succumb to the interests of the Channel in an attempt to increase their position in the vague number game. Not only Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam, but many other promising shows have faced this fate. Its high time that makers and channels understand that a handful of audience and their reaction does not depict the actual feelings of the mass. 
--AROMAL-- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ok..Lemme tell you this post is hands down amazing!I cant tell you how aptly and accurately u have expressed the correct views on TRPS n hindi daily soaps,and i agree with you 100%!!
I cant even start with how many dozens of tv shows i have stopped watching -> n m currently only watching PKYEK ,coz dont know y it just clicks with me!apart from that,the only other bearable shows r ones airing on sab and some epics like CID and khichdi repeats!So many amazing shows have just stopped airing coz of these stupid trps,and some shows which are more boring than my teachers teaching history are  going on for like FOREVER..I so digged shows like special squad,mahi vey,mano ya na mano etc but they were butchered midway!TRPs suck,its all about quantity,as in no of eps and nothing about quality!deaths,rebirths,plastic surgeries,makeup while sleeping,wearing more jwellery than what normal people wear even during their own weddings...I can go on and on about these cliches!!I for one have started switching to westrn shows,bcoz well,i know their the character i would come to love would not ultimately die off by the hands of the wicked in laws and vamps and be born as a completely different person who would be hell bent on revenge!Y cant they make good ol shows like zabaan sambhal ke,yes boss,sriman srimati(n why the hell has sab stopped airing their repeats ;p),sarabhai vs.sarabhai,hum panch,hip hip hurray,family no.1(ok so i am a comedy person :))-I CAN GO ON AND ON!!
Lastly,i really hope the production houses and TV soap making peeps r reading ur article coz they need to get what we want in their thick money minded TRP hungry brains!GREAT ARTICLE!!

P.S.Sorry if i offended anyone!Just expressing my opinions!!
Ann_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
veryy well written i agree completely
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very well written Aromal......Most of the viewers feels the same way....But don't understand the shows, with full of craps are getting high TRPs ....May be this is the reason Production Houses and Channels  are using the same  tried formula for their own quick monetary gains....
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
very well written post dear

like it
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I had another big letdown today...........Dil Se Diya Vachan on Zee TV ended.......in just 5 months..........😔

The main story.....the bond between a MIL and DIL never came out fully....never developed after a good start........😕

A lot of episodes were wasted on torture of the female lead at the hands of the villain........with the hubby being totally unaware for a long time.....

A lot of time was wasted with a shouting lawyer in a court room....🤢

Finally when they announced it was ending........expected a happy ending....🤔.....but they spoiled that too.........by introducing a new character.........child of the rape.......supposedly stillborn but now found alive..........and created the most hotch-potch ending of all........

I have made up my mind not to get addicted to any TV serial again..........two in a row within a span of a few months........YPNHK and now DSDV........TV serials are not bothering about on Indian telly!

I shall switch over fully to English shows and movies.....and forget local shows completely! ðŸ˜›

Thanks for all the encouraging comments and support, all of  you! ðŸ¤—
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 SSroomani it was again the game of TRP and Neene Gupta  left the show because of some medical problem or may be some other reasons...Main problem is PH does not have tight bound script and can be changed according to their whims...Can not say  about DSDV but i liked YPNHK, where lead pair along with other seasoned were doing  great job , but again mid way caricatured the show ...
Thinker_Belle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
My friend Hina put this article on the facebook.. people with facebook account can share it with your friends who aren't on IF...

Hopefully, some of the showmakers/production houses/channes might get a hold of it, and think about what people want....