Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Excellent post along with some great replies, I wish this thought reflected in the serials but its not. I started watching Sasural Genda Phool, the very fist serial for me as I am not a great fan of Indian serials for obveious reasons ( I prefered sitocms) SGP is great , covering a lot of real family life with out much over dramatization, a remake of a bengali version which was done in very simple form, being on Star Plus it has got more masala then the original, but just recently we the crazy fans of SGP is realizing that channel is messing up the story line to get the TRP!!!! and if this serial would be gobbeled up by the TRP Bhoot then I would be very sorry as I love the old family values shown with much needed light hearted comedy.
Abby315 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Faraan_4_Shweta

Totally agree with da topic maker..πŸ‘πŸΌ

Very well written.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

"Jaane kya baat hui" was also 1 of da best show on Indian television bt da Cv's changed its storyline nd den it shifted to a new timeslot (just coz of Trp's) nd abruptly ended..😑😭

totally agree with you
jaane kyaa baat hui was an awesome show and i too know how the show met with a bad fate because of the so called "Trps"
exactly ! totally agree with u ! awesome post !
Fitte_muh_tere thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
bcoz of  these trps i lost my fav show. it has spolied it all. n on fighting to get it back. the storyline was changed from love romance masti fun laugh to sacrifice marriage melodrama rona dhaona  i hope it never happens before
Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ibrahim192

totally agree with you
jaane kyaa baat hui was an awesome show and i too know how the show met with a bad fate because of the so called "Trps"

Exactly ibrahim.. It was 1 of da best serial i've ever seen.. every chracter was given importance in dat show.. it was really not like other shows.. bt just coz of Trp's they changed its timeslot nd after dat they changed its storyline too nd completely ruined it..!!!
I really cant forget dis serial coz it was really 1 of da best serials in da 1st 4 months at 10:30 Pm slot bt after da timeslot they completely ruined it..!!!🀒
If da Cv's would hav worked with da same storyline which was at da beginiing dis serial could hav worked..!!!
This TRP thing really Sucks..!!!πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
In dis case pakistani serials r much better den Indian shows nowadays coz they r not dependent on TRP's..πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ nd hav fix episodes nd story..!!!😳
Edit: i just realized nowdays Indian serials hav jodi nd Pakistani serials hav story..!!!πŸ˜†
Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 13 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Hope Production house and channels should go through this thread .....
Edited by neerjashingla - 13 years ago
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
What a brilliant post. Thankyou friend for voicing what many of us think. I do know why a show's shelflife is so dependent on TRPS. I fail to uderstand its relevance. If the programme does well, then does anything else matter? Soooo many good shows started and finished within short period of time just because they didn't have enough masala to garner high TRP's and yet ridculous and atrocious shows keep going for 500 plus epsides. Makes no sense.πŸ˜• How stupid. You're right they need to make some serious changes.
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Hope Production house and channels should go through this thread .....

Thats a good ideaπŸ˜ƒ. All of them should be reading this. They need to read and learn.
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice thoughts expressed ..
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Elle you have written exactly about  the current situation of  running soaps....Some time i was reading in some magazine that its not only channels interference , even advertisers  also have their say in the  turns and twists.....I really feel very strongly about the effect of TRPs  on the soaps and in result of that  hotch potch of the story-line....People are getting fed up with this going on trend where all of a sudden new track is inserted..

Thank you Neerja 😊. I was not aware that even advertisers have a say in altering the story of a serial 😲 You are right, this continuous introduction of new tracks is really disturbing. As a result, the previous track is usually left midway, completely forgotten about, or either ended abruptly.

There's a very vicious cycle involved in this......I feel that this constand demand for TRPS and long running serials not only degrades the quality of a serial but eventually also pretty much destroys the actor's career. What I mean by this is that suppose, 2 fresh actors join a serial as the leads, they work on it a few months, maybe a year or two. Then, due to continuous distortion of the story and introduction of ridiculous tracks due to TRP demand..... the TRPs eventually fall. The show is given a week or two to shut down, and suddenly all the actors are out of a job. Given that they are so overworked due to continuous 5-day serials, they have never had time to take up another serial alongwith it.

Now, when the lead actors are free, they look for new roles. But since they were the "Lead" actors, they want to come back as leads again, so they refuse other offers. They dont get lead roles because of the many many aspiring newcomers waiting to take their places. They either sit at home for months on end, or they take up some reality show, or just disappear. Ultimately, most of these "once very popular" actors are reduced to just being "one-hit" wonders. Even though many of them are so talented, and young and hard-working, very few get 2nd chances.

I've noticed this for many serials. I'm still waiting for the leads of my show, Na Anna is des Lado, to comeback, though it's been months. There are ppl on IF waiting for the Bairi piya sequel, there are ppl waiting for Leher of YPNHK to return. Then, there were the very talented actors a few years ago, Karan/Nandini of KSBKBT, Kumkum/Sumit of Kumkum etc. Granted, these people are still very famous, but how often do we see them coming regularly on TV? And they're all very young, they could still come as the leads.  

This is what I meant by TRPs eventually destroying an actors career. Sorry for my rambling, but I just feel very disappointed with this system.