Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * - Page 8

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sorry to say but i think this all Drama about TRP,s started with K brand.....No doubt about that in the starting this brand has given some good soaps ....After that it was a competition to out do the Bold& beautiful , because of that illogical tracks were introduced ......Every PH started to follow the same trend were in the race to out do the other....Thoes  who were trying something different  were left behind....Now its a cut throat business, thats why some good soaps with contents have to compromise and the real contents are lost in the way......Even channel has its say in the story  line , as per TRP ,  tracks and twists are added,result of that creativity suffers and the Production house has to toe the line per the channel whims....At the end of the day its all for the quick gains for both channels and Production house , but loss to the creativity of actors and the poor viewers

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasjotbains thumbnail
We would prefer serials which are informative and thought inspiring,rather than the crap that comes these days :!!
nehadb27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
daily soap ruin the TV
creatives should come with some intelligent work instead of saas bahu drama

hope we cud see some series lyk RISHTEY or humlog again
only heard of them or watched them on net
0dewdrop thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
numbers of top notch shows had been shut down just because of TRP race. it's a dark side of this industry and wrong parameter. 
nut on the other hand, there is no substitute to evaluate the popularity of a show. so we have bear with that, till other substitute is innovated.

and sop opera? they are purely the cup of tea of a couch potato. lol
fj08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
interesting that everyone here understands this and it seems we are the only ones who do, the people making the shows and the channels running them .... do they think the same way too?
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Excellent post! 👏👏👏 Agree with each and every word you have written. This was a much needed topic, and I hope that it reaches the right people. I'm surprised though that such a topic is allowed on IF, where most topics are shut down if not really related to the serial.
TRPs are really doing nothing but reducing quality work.... it's all about quantity and dramatization. No one can really experiment with new content. The channels put constant pressure on the Production Houses to introduce twist upon twist, to churn out episode upon episode at an alarming rate. There is no time at all to experiment with a new concept, to improve your work, no time for the actors to relax and learn from their work.

According to me, we shouldn't have this 5 episodes/week of a serial, esp the recent introduction of 6 eps/wk on Star One. If we have 1-3 episodes of a show/wk, it gives ample time to the PH to improve the storyline, to edit better, look into bloopers more. It gives more time for the actors to rehearse, to work on their expressions. It's inhuman to make them work for 12/hrs a day without any holidays. It's actually the viewers fault also, who are so demanding.

So many good serials have been shut down prematurely because of this TRP menace. Is it true what one member said, that TRPs are measured based only on 8000 families? How can such a miniscule proportion of people respresent the entire nation?
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Elle you have written exactly about  the current situation of  running soaps....Some time i was reading in some magazine that its not only channels interference , even advertisers  also have their say in the  turns and twists.....I really feel very strongly about the effect of TRPs  on the soaps and in result of that  hotch potch of the story-line....People are getting fed up with this going on trend where all of a sudden new track is inserted..
sachkasamna thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
nice post plz some one write abt the shows which starts with bang with social issues n later on they become lame,boring.
social issue become love story 
gharalu promblems become daily life routine 
and many more...................
Edited by sachkasamna - 13 years ago
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Let us have stories which are drawn up and fixed right at the beginning of the show.  Let us have short serials, which run only for a few months – the shelf life of a serial should not be greater than 6 months.  This would avoid a lot of heartache for the fans, as the story is fixed and so are the characters, and the Damocles sword of TRPs need not be hanging over the show deciding its fate. 😃 New characters and twists and turns need not be added midway through the show for garnering TRPs.  Once it is known that the show is for a fixed period of time, TRPs would lose their importance,  and good stories can be shown without worries.   All kinds of stories can also be shown and audience can pick and choose what they want to see.  This way all kinds of viewers would find something to satisfy them and the popularity of TV as a media would only go up and so would its importance in influencing the society! 😊

i completely agree with that. i mean, if the story is fixed, then you cant screw up like all these long running seriels do. sure everyone wants to see their favorite couple for a long time, but seriously, after a while you start to realize as an audience that the couple's dynamics have changed. not just in a new angle of their relationship, but as in the people themselves have changed. short and sweet seriels, which pretty much recently debuted in this industry, manage to garner a huge fan base and it doesnt take them years.

i actually think, that even if it wasnt a set time frame, or if it wasnt a set story line. atleast take a break. i for one, think that the breaks do the writers, producers, actors, and other workers a huge favor. they wont be overworked that way.

the industry needs to change.

norani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The serials aired are said to have good concept and some are even said to be true stories. In the early stages, the storyline seems to go according to the concept but later on deviates from it.
CVs always give us extreme sacrificing from one character in order to satisfy the needs of another character, create sick storylines and in most stories they are potraying woman to be a weak individual, crying most of the time. Looks like CVs have stories for a few episodes and try to lenghtened one track longer than it should be because they are running out of ideas for a new track. This is because CVs have the concept only but the storyline will appear in their creative minds as the episodes moves.
TRPs are calculated in a 'controversial' way. Serials that have high TRPs does not necessarily mean that they are liked by the audience and vice versa.