Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks a lot for your insightful post. I agree with your words, regarding the menace that the wrd TRPs instill in the mind of the viewers. A good show is just not about TRPs - The PH and CH should understand that. Almost all the Shows have been butchered, on account of TRP, on one pretext or other. It's almost as if we can't even think of watching a good show anymore, never mind its TRPs.

I recently have had a very bad experience with a Show I was watching - NAIDL. Though much positivity was not shown, yet the different tracks at least had some meaning. Suddenlt one day we heard that there is to be a Leap. The Show was doing very well before the leap, after the Leap it's doing good - the TRPs are more or less the same. Then what was the big issue about having a Leap and on what grounds? The content is nothing great, just going on 'cos a bunch of people have been introduced to makeup for the loss of the Leads (they were killed off mercilessly).

All in all, a very bad experience. Will have to think twice or thrice before deciding to watch another Show and ultimately heading for nothing.

- A disgusted viewer
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Meghna very well defined the TRP,influencing the story-line....Many shows which most of the people criticize because of illogical twists or violence are on the top...Viewers are also responsible for this to some extent., because of them channels are churning out same kind of stuff....If some thing different is shown then have very less viewership....

So do you all think that we all can strive and do somethign to stop these Chs and Phs from dishing out rubbish to us all?
fj08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@poetic - well at least we are airing our views... if we dont speak up how will they know how they are hurting us?
they have the voice of the a fraction of people through the TRPs and we should be able to get heard over that smaller number... its a try

shobha (topic maker) has done a great job of putting her opinion with good reasoning, this is what we all discussed as we watched first Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam start off as a wonderful and interesting story and later get hijacked to something that just did not make sense and then Dil Se Diya Vachan.. which again was inspired by a truly heart touching tale but they completely lost track of that in trying to create the drama that TRPs required...we have talked about all this stuff repeatedly in our forum episode discussions, it is nice to have the same discussion in a central place to have others with the same opinion

with both the shows i mentioned, the collection of actors was so phenomenal, it was sad to see them not used to their potential... the mix of senior artists and junior ones should have been an awesome experience... sadly it was not
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
@ poetic:   I used to watch NAIDL too until the leap........when the leads were killed, I stopped watching.   I liked that show because it was different, not because it was happy......it was quite sordid but I identify with abuse against women and so I enjoyed watching it..........but as you said the totally unnecessary leap killed it for me!   I have no idea what is going on in it anymore.......😭

Another show that TRPs killed but in another way is Uttaran........I loved it when the girls were kids and even after they grew up..........until Tapasya took a turn to become psychotic and married Veer in Ichcha's place............that killed it for me..........actually that I felt was the right point to end the story........the Thakur should have explained the truth about Ichcha's father's death to Tapasya and she should have repented and Veer and Ichcha married and then the end!   But no, the TRPs were too good, so they brought in a lot of unnecessary characters and turned Tapasya into an evil person...she was jealous but not evil......and I stopped watching that too............😭but it still goes on with its twists and turns...🤢

Everyone has a bad experience to share...........I wish the PH and channels would read this thread and listen to voice of the viewers!  

Veer_FFM thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi shobha di! enjoyed reading ur article.
i'm sure it will have an impact! it should be posted on the hp of if!

papia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing post. So true. I dont know how they are doing the trp. Some show although running almost 5 to 6 years still have trp and some show although brilliant concept still no viewership. For the trp reason we lost an wonderful show Rista.com which was the best concept so far and so real.

But I also somehow feel that IF show ranking system is not fair. I have an earnest request to Vijay bhai that please explain us how a show is ranked in IF clearly. Because I have found some shows which although has no discussion or viewership in IF but still in a high ranking slot than some other show which has more viewership.
Edited by papia - 13 years ago
Darine1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thank you very much for this post!! The title is damn true !
k_anjali12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
A Well Needed Post !!! From The Past 6 - 7 Months ... I'm Searching  For Atleast One Show Which Really Have The Story Line 😔
--Pooja-- thumbnail
D shows do start wid a story line...but somewhere along d path...no only is d story lost..d whole essence is lost....d only thing tat keeps viewers r d actors themselves....
GauravsDbest thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderfully expressed, Shobs Di👏Totally apt title too...I don't understand trps, i don't know the basis on which some shows become popular and some don't...YPNHK got spoiled so horribly, and now DSDV...Even LNMDJ had to succumb to such a fate...They say, DSDV was unsuccessful coz of the crying heroine...But i HAVE seen popular soaps with the quintessential glycerine, big-bindi-vamp, et al...Even some shows on Star One...They may be "Youth-based", but even they are filled with unrealistic incidents, just the type of "unrealism" is different