* TRPs = Serial Killers * - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
and the worst abt this thing...tht only a handful of different shows stay for sometime and they fizzle out .... there are so many shows which have nothing new....they can be called just junk and nothing else...turn on the channel....most of the shows on star plus are a waste...take pratigya for example? going on the same tracks we have seen so many times....but its not for us.....we don't want to see women being a joke everytime.....i had hopes from starone ... but they disappointed me like hell....the channel started with a good note and they have only one or two shows that are enjoyablee....but for how long they too will get axed and if won't will be following the same tracks...

coming to bindass they started the channel very well with some unique shows but now they preach only vulgarity and disgust...through their reality shows....trps are ranking points nd are only thing for the channels.......

its really silly tht thy hve only few gadgets to measure trps in few cities...yet it is so important they can axe it anything for them...😆
Well said.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 I think 'Dhoond Legi Manzil Humein' is a quite a realistic show at the moment, but I didn't watch it due to the storyline not really showing much. I still don't but the promos sure look promising but I don't have have time for it. Kaali was also another realistic show since it was based on a true story. It was never intended to go on for long but it worked but people didn't want to see the dark side of politicians and there was no 'love story' which they wanted to see. Baa Bahu Aur Baby was very realistic in a lighthearted manner and show real stories and gave some messages.
Edited by Aquarius17 - 13 years ago
Ya, I seriusly don't like any of the Zee tv serials that have already ended.  I don't mind most of the ones airin' now.  The only Zee tv serial that I follow is "Bhagonwali" and I hardly have any complaints about it.  It's very refreshing from a lot of Zee tv serials since it has a very different storyline & when it comes to seriousness, it's more on the moderate side which is good because I usually don't like too serious.  Plus, the main hero of this show isn't a goody, goody rich guy.   "Bhagonwali" has not dragged in hardcore way.  It did go through a more low phase in Feb. w/the viewers but other than the Feb. episodes, this show has been a delight to watch for the viewers.  I hope this show doesn't go down the drain.  So far it hasn't😃  Edited by edabella - 13 years ago
  Faraan that was a beautiful show with mature story with seasoned actors , handled very well .....Really sad just because of TRP ended it abruptly...But scenario is changing gradually, some channels are attempting new ideas ...There is one on star plus in the afternoon Sapno se Bhare Naina, that is different, but should have been in prime time....Mukti Bandhan , Dhoond Legi Manjil Mughhe, to name a few....How long the new wave survives in TRP race , depends on channels as well as viewers.....For small time gains Channel and production house compromise with the story ....
Exactly neerjashingla 👍🏼 I hope people start accepting such shows.. coz these serials hav mature stories nd r much much batter den da shows which r in Trp charts..😕 Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 13 years ago
Best article i ever read ,
awesome work ..............  useless stories:  women oriented shows which r not so  women oriented shows  no story,no meaning and even no proper solution of women problems
 very true  boys bare muscles , lots of bad language and lots of make up even by poor girl of the serial ohhhhhhhhh God😡
wonderful discussion everyone

I am sure the actors would also like to know their roles when they sign their contracts and then if the role changes significantly because of TRPs they can be doing something they do not believe in.. which is unfair to them as well.... if there is a story to tell when they start the show and stick to that for a specific period of time like 3 months or 6 months the actors would also know what their role is throughout the show

that will also get rid of some of the fan based protests which are invariable after there is a hint of every show ending... i m sure the channels would prefer not to have all the nasty msgs sent to them when they end a show prematurely or deviate from the story they had promised in the beginning

it s a win win for evryone wish someone would take notice of this
WORD 👏

Really awesome thread and every word was bang-on. TRPs equals serial killers. As a viewer of LTL, it's immensely frustrating to me to watch a great show losing its essence, characters being butchered - all to the satisfaction of the channel.

In the end, we're paying customers as well as fans of whichever show. Our demands/wishes should be considered and taken care of. Forget the treatment that we, as viewers, are given in terms of drastic changes to shows that we don't want - the actors, too, are often treated like they aren't worth much and easily replacable.

Nice to know when as an actor you put 12+ hours every day, a lot of hard work and sweat, into giving life to your character 😕 

today all the Hindi channel are in to the rat race..daily they are churning the soaps with new social issue tag.....mainly related to village..starts with good story but later on all start looking same , same tracks, run of the mill kind....nothing seems different...if you are talking about old soaps they had story with substance as ...well as the writers.....i do not think we lack stories....yes have to work on the stories and not midway bring twist turns to ape other soaps...no doubt everybody miss the old soaps whether Zee tv,s or DD,s.....they were more progressive with substance..... now they are pushing people backward.....woman folk always crying attired in heavy jewelery and finery with little self respect , dignity if in a negative role then loud and making vicious, weird faces.....how long these soaps can hold the viewers interest with stupid tracks........may be this is the reason want to see the season 2 of the some good soaps...As for Chhoti Bahu 1  , liked this soap ,not saas bahu saga...simple love story with presence of Lord Krishna here and there....it was special because of innocence ,purity of love and the feel of old time....it had freshness with new , unique, storyline ,mainly the lead pair has the charm and old time values which are gone ...later on story also went down hill even then it was good.....How the channels can blame audience if they will go in running in the rat race..they should look in to the archive and see what they have missed.....Your are right about actors being easily replacable, leap time or plastic surgerry comes handy.,so the  insecurity...Thanks for opening this thread....
Whenever they try to change the actor in a show someone else, keeping the character alive, by introducing a twist with plastic surgery, I feel the Creatives think that the audience is some 2 yr old who can be cajoled into believing any BS that they churn out in the name of the story and staying true to the character.

I'm so glad to see so many responses to this article. This just goes on to show how the audience feels and what we really want. 

They have to start thinking in terms of thinking audience who have had enough of these twists in tale and bring in some really good stories. They can even have serials which have been adapted from novels, like 'Trshna' which was telecast in DD was adapted from 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen. They have to give us something that's worthwhile.
Edited by Neeba - 13 years ago