divya is not a bad sister/cousin.... - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Divya although loving her sister has done lots to Nivi to hurt her.

I don't count the little things like the chunari issue - Divya has never been aware of Nivi's feelings - she was spoilt and felt everything should be for her.  But ...

1. When everyone thought Nivi was going crazy, Divya said in front of everyone that Nivi was just doing all this to get attention and stood with all against her.
2. Divya many times warned Nivi about Sid.
3. Divya blasted Nivi for the possibility of Sid getting into trouble because of Viren.

Divya never understood that things were not going well between Nivi and Viren.  She could not understand her sister's heart.

But, underneath her being selfish and self-centred, I think she's finally growing up and becoming mature.  She does love her sister ...
@samirah23

"chunaru" issues are just highlights, that if a girl does not care to read the face of her little sister, then if that is not insensitivity, then what is insensitivity. Those types of minor issues were being shown in the beginning of the show to build the character, the basic quality of a character. Like Nivedita's character was being built to show that she cares for everyone, but parallely Divya's character was built as a basically insensitive person.

These small insensitivities later on takes bigger dimesions. Its said "friend in need is a friend indeed". Same goes for relations, we recognise who is worth relying upon, when we come across adversities in life. Diya will today, whether manipulated or not, never stood for Nivedita or anyone who needed her understanding. It is claimed that she loves Sid, but post marriage, she is more interested in her jewelleries and show-offs than reading her husband's problems.

"small drops of ocean make a mghty ocean"./..similarly, if a thief is not controlled at the nascent stage, he becomes a dacoit or smuggler. Similarly, Divya's insensitivities started with minor issues and has taken a magnanimity now. She does not care anyone as long as she is benefitted. If she is benefitted, she can side with Nivedita or even with CC.
🤣🤣

Omg.... I came back and I find this....🤣

Did I miss something, did Divya do something amazing? 

Everyone have their faults in this show...but Divya not being a bad sister/cousin...your right....shes a terrible cousin/sister....daughter...bahu....etc....

Looks like the CV didn't need to magically changed her to goody goody everyone thinks shes goody already...for no reason.

Guys I know you want Viren/Nivi together but that doesnt mean you have to make Divya a goody goody so you can get rid of Sid from the love story.

I think a love triangle would have done some good for the show...but obviously thats too late now.

The only thing Divya did that was 'good' was a few speech that she didnt even follow up on.

Did you guys forget all her selfish acts?
Bashing of Nivi when she was going through pain?
Not supportingher sister when she needed her support the most?
Accusing Nivi for trying to steal her husband? The sister that did everything to make her happy?
The minute she finds out that Viren is getting all the property and everything she doesnt wait a second to call her mother....mother that would do everything to make sure shes happy?

The list is endless...and I have a long list and I havent been watching the show for that long...

The only reason shes supporting Viren and wants Nivi back in Soods family now....is because her and Sids relationship is going well...
If hers and Sid relationship was in the rocks....she wouldnt care whats happening to Nivi or anyone.

She cant hide behind being brain washed....shes an adult and knows whats shes doing....she knows who to call when she needs help...how can she be so thick?

Anyways everyone hs their own views...thats just mines...
Well anyways nevermind I guess
Edited by peacefulblossom - 13 years ago
Divya is one heck of a selfish and self-centered person. She will not even take a second to go back to her original self if her relationship with Sid is challenged. She is fine now because Sid is giving her attention and she thinks that they both are progressing ahead in their relationship.  Has she ever said 2 words of consolation to Nivi? No, never rather she has only created more issues for her.
Let me not start else I will go bersek ... and will be banned from this forum.
@bahar

so good to see you dear! I can bear anything in the show, but not Divya being called a good sister or a good person! to me, she is the one who had opportunity to do good to everyone, Nivedita, Viren, Sid and each person in the Sood and Sharma family, but she never did anything for anyone. She is the only person who could have straightened her mother. She did say somethings to her mother, when she felt her mother's interference might get her into trouble, otherwise she is fine with everything.

actually, we humans tend to forget and forgive as soon as we see a "drop of tear" or one good act from a person, who is selfish. We forget all her wrong doings.
This story would have been the best with a love triangle and eventually Nivedita-Viren pairing up and Sid backing out and away from them, and then later on find a better girl as per his choice. Right now, he is stuck with Divya, he has no option as he is already married and thats what Divya had wanted and HL had prayed "Mata Rani, yeh shaadi kissi bhi tara ho jaye"...Nivedita became an instrument in their obsession and game. Today fingers can be raised at Nivedita, just because of her dealing with HL-Divya in conparison to KS-NT-Yash-Sid.

Nivedita's tragedy started with Divya and HL...and she liked to keep their company " a man is known by the company he keeps"...🤣
I want Nivedita one day to blast this mother-daughter combination HL and Divya.
Originally posted by Omshanti1111

I want Nivedita one day to blast this mother-daughter combination HL and Divya.

That day will surely come... Nivedita atleast made HL quiet yesterday...
Divya is a grown adult.  She was manipulated because she allowed herself to be.  She is responsible for her own actions and her "niceness" should be taken with a grain of salt.  What happens if Viren and Nivi get back together and she sees them spend time together...will she again get jealous? 
Originally posted by anjubala

That day will surely come... Nivedita atleast made HL quiet yesterday...
I dont think. What I read from the update, Divya has already beign sketched as an angelic character, and is being sketched parallel to Nivedita's. Creatives are trying to show, that as Nivedita helped Divya to get Sid, Divya is helping Viren to get Nivedita. This is totally absurd. What Nivedita did for Divya, cannot be reciprocated. I think creatives will just incorporate some emotional dialogues from Divya to cover up that "Nivedita's sacrifice was greater".

I had wished... without negativity, this story should have proceeded as a love triangle of Sid-Nivi-Viren, with Viren-Nivi uniting. The stalking was not needed then at all. There were lot of tracks coming up, like Viren being JW's son is not necessary to stalk or do soemthing bad, he could have been a good fellow throughout. Sid also could have been sketched as one being victim of CC and JW.

And if the stalking was shown, they could have kept Viren as an anti-hero only.

Creatives have just jumbled up the story, dont know what to do. Now with Yash's story, the creatives are trying to fix the loopholes against Nivedita's sketch that she could not act as a good sister to Yash and as a good daughter when needed. Also, trying to establish Sid-Divya as an adorable couple, which can never be established, based on the foundation of the characters.
Perhaps as we are seeing the goodness of Sid in has ability to whole heartedly help Viren (who has schemed against him) and Nivi (who he would rather die then be without)  Divya's character needs to be altered to match.  Maybe Divya is now going to evolve into a kind considerate person and her intelligence level mey be increasing to normal levels🤣