Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

i have just read the scene between kukkan, jaboo and their bhabi :).....it was really sweet of them to call her name with alittle respect, otehr times we have heard them calling her Runjhunia, which i kinda like but kukkan and jabboo were good today and love dthem for being so nice to runjhun and i hope they tell Guddu about how runjhun looked after him when he was unconscious......

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rusha4003

As most of us here have been predicting, Runjhun is well on her way to making a pair of powerful allies today !

Kukkan & Jabbu of course ! The lads were floored by her "Usi Mathe pe sindoor bhi tho lagaya tha " 

And they address her as Runjhun'ji' 👏 👏 . They are seeing her in new light now. 

She has definitely risen in their esteem. 

Loved it when Kukkan tells here, they are nearby in case she needs help. And Jabbbu reassuring her that they are taking the gun away !

Now I want to see K & J confront Guddu tomorrow. That will be a scene to watch.  

Whether G will even hear them out ...... remains to be seen. *I doubt he'll listen to anything in R's favour* 

Usha,

I'm glad K&J addressed R with 'ji' and didn't call her 'Bhabhi'. Bcos we are not yet there! Though she is married to their Bhaiya (by their emotional bond), and have respect for her, she still is a stanger to them. And that I liked. Very aptly done scene.

So, R took the 1st step in this journey of moving-towards-each-other. 'Thali ek haat se nahin bajti', both need to make an effort to make this marriage work, is what we all understand. But what I saw here too was, it is the women who always have to give up. Its okay! She took 1 step, now I want G to take double the steps.

I'm sure most of you are happy with R's sindoor dialogue. As for me, I'm not impressed. I wish she said she is doing it for "Insaatniyat's" sake. Bcos even that would have had the same effect and that for me would have been sufficient at this jucture. More over she was telling that to K&J. If she had said she is doing that for 'Insaaniyat's sake' also would have been enough for K&J to convince G and talk on behalf of her later-on. This pati-vrata dialogue wasn't required IMO at this jucture, more so, when she herself is not filling her maang with his sindoor. As for us* viewers, we would have still understood the way she is and has been, she would have honored her marriage and there was no need for this dialogue now. It is not like she was telling that to him. Not that I am unhappy, but I would have been satisfied if she said she did it for humanity's sake bcos she doesn't consider him as anything to her, as yet. Okay anyway don't want to spoil all your happinesses, just wanted to state my opinion. 

Now, to splashing come cold water on all of you - In the ending scene where he holds her pallu, and when she turns around, I have a feeling he is going to say, "how she is a panauti to him" OR, he may just pass-out without saying anything. Not expecting much from that scene. (That seems like a biscuit for the viewers.)

Amma seems to have convinced herself that she did a wrong thing accepting G as R's husband and she wants to break the relation. I am more interested to see what Amma is gonna tell R and what R's reaction to that would be.
-------------------

*us -> I am hoping there might be someone out there who has the same feeling, so including them :-) :-)
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Usha, it would be funny for Guddu to just wake up and say that to her. She would give him that look of disgust and walk away of course.  He is going to have a massive hangover, especially considering Jabbo and Kukkan's word it is his first time drinking like that. Which I take to mean, Guddu usually doesn't lose control in that manner.

Bee I agree Bhabhi would have been out of character and overkill. She's still a stranger to them, and not someone who they've been on good terms with in the past. There is no emotional bond yet to call her Bhabhi and that will come gradually when it is warranted. I didn't feel like her dialogue was "pati vrata" more matter of fact. Like its a chore for her. If the situation was different I don't know if Runjhun would have bothered. She might have just walked away, so she might have not even show humanity or compassion to him. Does that make her sound too cold? If she and Guddu didn't have hatred for each other she might have felt pity or fear (like she mentioned when she's talking to him) but that's not there because she won't allow herself that. So I don't think she would have done it for humanity.

As for the cold water splash...LOL I do like the pallo grabbing as much as anyone and it was as Usha said "breath-taking" but  I don't expect anything out of it either especially considering the pre-cap they showed. Though I don't think he will call Runjhun a "panauti" either. My thought process was along the lines of him calling out his Amma. Or apologizing to his Amma because his anger comes from him being hurt.

When Guddu is expressing his anger, you can also see his hurt when he talks about his Amma or when he tells Amma that he's tired of the whole "good vs. bad" lecture he's heard a million times. So I was thinking along the lines that he might call out for his mom, or just say sorry (referring to his mom), before passing out. I don't expect anything much, maybe just a slight vulnerability in Guddu but otherwise not much. Regardless I do love watching that scene too. It goes with my (I know the scene is not mine but I claim it nonetheless )bell scene even though no one really touches anyone.

EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
i also did not think her sindoor dialogue was "pati vrata", it was more along the lines of what Wafah has stated.  Atleast thats what I thought when I viewed the scene.  There was sadness in her voice, the sadness is directed at herself, her fate.  She has always done her chores in the house, she is referred to as a workhorse, so performing her duty is not out of character for her.  
I have to say that the contrast between the Pandeys&Guddu is so obvious like Black&WHite. Guddu is desperately trying to save his mother's life at all cost. & The Pandey bros, despite having wealth, "respectability" and a compassionate mother, were trying to kill her, they abuse her.  The Pandeys are really pathetic creatures.  Guddu, despite being what he is, is not hiding the fact of who he is.  Despite Amma thinking of him as a goon, it cannot be denied that he has a heart, he has humanity in him.  I don't think there was anything cheesy about the last scene, him holding unto her sari Pallu,  I think he is in such an emotional turmoil, he just wants to make things right with his mom.  & What the Pandeys did at the hospital did not help.  Maybe, he will call out for his Ma.  I don't know but I liked the scene. 
Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 13 years ago
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oh Gosh hw i wish i coul watch the show......Kukkan and Jabbo have definitely risen n my eyes....Rhunjhun is already on a pedestal for me.....They respect he.r......it will definitely be a treat to watch their interaction with Guddu 2morow....but as usual he willend up thinking she is plotting sumthngelse....So now we hav two cupids on th show Kukkan and Jabbo😆....as for the pallu scene hav to agree with you guys that he will most probably call out to his mother.....becoz its helplessness to improve her state that has caused him so much hurt which manifests in the form of anger towards Rhunjhun.......Edited by Nidhsara - 13 years ago
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Wafah

I didn't feel like her dialogue was "pati vrata" more matter of fact. 

Wafah,
Okay okay .. don't take that word "pati vrata" that seriously. I used it due to lack of any other apt word. It was used in adjective sense and not literal sense.
Rest of the things surrounding it, I don't want to repeat,
I wish the CVs kept it simple and not gone for dramatics. The premise of this show was simple and the heroine is simple and hence my feeling.

I still do feel she would have done for humanity's sake.

(And that dialogue would have been good if she could use it on G. Today's that dialogue was just merely for the audience's sake.)

(K&J did have respect for R, I think, after G married her. There definitely was some respect (in addition to not let their bhaiya do a crime in a drunken spur) when they denied that they had the gun when they realized why they had been summoned to a shady place by G.)

And Wafah,
  I would like it if G calls out for mom for the 'pallu' scene.
Edited by bee5 - 13 years ago
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bee5

Usha,

I'm glad K&J addressed R with 'ji' and didn't call her 'Bhabhi'. Bcos we are not yet there! Though she is married to their Bhaiya (by their emotional bond), and have respect for her, she still is a stanger to them. And that I liked. Very aptly done scene. Agree ...Agree .... 'Bhabhi' is still far away !

So, R took the 1st step in this journey of moving-towards-each-other. 'Thali ek haat se nahin bajti', both need to make an effort to make this marriage work, is what we all understand. But what I saw here too was, it is the women who always have to give up. Its okay! She took 1 step, now I want G to take double the steps. Hey,  I thot about this too ... you're right, it's usually the women who compromise and try to get the situation under control ! And as for G taking 2 steps .... he will eventually ... no worries, I'll wait ! 😉

I'm sure most of you are happy with R's sindoor dialogue. As for me, I'm not impressed. I wish she said she is doing it for "Insaatniyat's" sake. Bcos even that would have had the same effect and that for me would have been sufficient at this jucture. More over she was telling that to K&J. If she had said she is doing that for 'Insaaniyat's sake' also would have been enough for K&J to convince G and talk on behalf of her later-on. This pati-vrata dialogue wasn't required IMO at this jucture, more so, when she herself is not filling her maang with his sindoor. As for us* viewers, we would have still understood the way she is and has been, she would have honored her marriage and there was no need for this dialogue now. It is not like she was telling that to him. Not that I am unhappy, but I would have been satisfied if she said she did it for humanity's sake bcos she doesn't consider him as anything to her, as yet. Okay anyway don't want to spoil all your happinesses, just wanted to state my opinion.  ... Well Bee, I understand what you' re trying to say ! .... @ blue...  precisely becos she was not addressing this to G, I like the 'sindoor' dialog, it was addressed to K & J - who are as far as R is concerned 'outsiders'. And she has steeled herself to keep up appearances, maybe for Amma's sake or just not to disturb the peace. If she was saying this to G she might have said 'insaniyat' as she knows and he knows how things stand betwn them ! 

Now, to splashing come cold water on all of you - In the ending scene where he holds her pallu, and when she turns around, I have a feeling he is going to say, "how she is a panauti to him" OR, he may just pass-out without saying anything. Not expecting much from that scene. (That seems like a biscuit for the viewers.) ..... 😆 😆 😆 ... I know, I know Bee ..... you and your cold water ...... put that bucket away  ! 😆  I know nothing is going to come of this ....... but watching it just by itself was  ... 😍 ..... I too feel like Wafah, he's going to mumble about his Mom in his drunken stupor ,,, maybe he'll apologise again or just call out to her ! 

Amma seems to have convinced herself that she did a wrong thing accepting G as R's husband and she wants to break the relation. I am more interested to see what Amma is gonna tell R and what R's reaction to that would be. .... Ah ... now this is interestin ... just a couple of days back Amma lectured R about giving the relationship time .... now she's taken a 360 deg turn, thanks to G's drunken tamasha ...... and now,  I'm thinking R will be the one to refuse to break up with G.  Why ?  Well, I feel she's fed-up with the whole 'get-Runjhun-married'  thing and wishes to be left alone now, with  G & the marriage she was tricked into.  I think she considers herself capable of handling both G & this marriage ! 
-------------------

*us -> I am hoping there might be someone out there who has the same feeling, so including them :-) :-) 

Love your takes Bee ... very stimulating, makes me to look at the other side of the story too ! 
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: EcliPSe_2010

i also did not think her sindoor dialogue was "pati vrata", it was more along the lines of what Wafah has stated.  Atleast thats what I thought when I viewed the scene.  There was sadness in her voice, the sadness is directed at herself, her fate.  She has always done her chores in the house, she is referred to as a workhorse, so performing her duty is not out of character for her.  

I have to say that the contrast between the Pandeys&Guddu is so obvious like Black&WHite. Guddu is desperately trying to save his mother's life at all cost. & The Pandey bros, despite having wealth, "respectability" and a compassionate mother, were trying to kill her, they abuse her.  The Pandeys are really pathetic creatures.  Guddu, despite being what he is, is not hiding the fact of who he is.  Despite Amma thinking of him as a goon, it cannot be denied that he has a heart, he has humanity in him.  I don't think there was anything cheesy about the last scene, him holding unto her sari Pallu,  I think he is in such an emotional turmoil, he just wants to make things right with his mom.  & What the Pandeys did at the hospital did not help.  Maybe, he will call out for his Ma.  I don't know but I liked the scene. 

@ red ... very true  ... love the way you put that !

@ blue .... Agree, he's certainly going to call out to his mother !
Wafah thumbnail

Wafah,
Okay okay .. don't take that word "pati vrata" that seriously. I used it due to lack of any other apt word. It was used in adjective sense and not literal sense.

😆 Okay Okay, I won't. LOL I get what you are saying, though and I can see that point of view too where it wouldn't have been necessary. It's a writers flair for drama...As for doing it for humanity sakes, I don't know. I honestly can't tell if she would have or she wouldn't have, because she does have some of the typical "humanity" gene, but again when it comes to Guddu, that gene goes recessive. LOL

And Wafah,
  I would like it if G calls out for mom for the 'pallu' scene.

Wishes Oh Wishes... :) What did happen I read into it symbolically...I shall share with rambling and forth...soon....and my flair for drama...😉
Wafah thumbnail
Originally posted by: rusha4003

... I know, I know Bee ..... you and your cold water ...... put that bucket away  ! 😆  I know nothing is going to come of this ....... but watching it just by itself was  ... 😍 ..... I too feel like Wafah, he's going to mumble about his Mom in his drunken stupor ,,, maybe he'll apologise again or just call out to her !

Love your takes Bee ... very stimulating, makes me to look at the other side of the story too ! 

She does love her cold water buckets....😆 I think it keeps us from going of the deep end....We go to the clouds and she brings us back to earth...but yeah I agree it's good to hear all perspectives after all different people conceive different things differently. We paint it colorful and Bee keeps it simple and to the point (well most of the time).