Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: bee5

Glad to hear that, Nidhsara!!!πŸ˜ƒ

I was just worried Wafah and Usha are gonna come behind me with sticks and brooms! πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

Just for that I might just come after you...with a big stick...πŸ˜†

Thanks Nidha, we try to keep it lively and fun, so we're glad you enjoy reading our posts.

Bee,
I know how much you like this show, so I know any time you pick have any bones to pick with the show it's not because you don't like it. I'm going to make a small generalization to keep it simple...but I think when you have a show, you get three kinds of people. The ones that love it no matter what. The smallest touches the eye-locks and romances are all. They can't bear to hear negative about the show at all (I'm not specifically talking about Bhagonwali) Then there's the other extreme, who for some reason watch the show even though they like nothing about it. Maybe they are masochists, who knows, but all they do is call the show stupid, that's not criticizing the show, that's bashing it. There's a thin line between criticism and downright bashing.
Then there's the middle ground, the one who like the show but don't hesitate to pick out faults with it. They give credit where it is due and take away credit when it isn't deserved.

Again this is three general categories, people often lie in between these three categories... not in any one specific.

So Bee you're always welcome to strike against us...with us or away from us...its like a parent scolding a kid...they wouldn't scold a kid if they didn't love/like them. My friend who picks on me all the time, tells me if he didn't like me he wouldn't pick on me. I think the same concept applies here. If we didn't like the show would we waste out time analyzing it so much...?

After all we don't want the CVs to think that we are complacent that just because they give us such small scenes, and use it as an excuse for having a story. While I love the subtle potential for romance ( I know you do too) I'm not going to be happy having a relationship develop with no basis just for the heck of romance. I love the Guddu & Runjhun interactions but  that's because they've always been meaningful in my opinion so I don't want some cheap cliched romance tactic either. I want the same meaningful dynamics throughout.

Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Gardes,
It is good to see you back in the forum, and I'm glad you've given the show a second chance :)
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Usha, just imagine if R said that sindoor dialogue to G (ofcourse in some other circumstances, but with the same level of hatred for each other.) Tell me what do you think would've happened?

Hmmmm if she had told this to G in some other circumstance, but still filled with hatred ??? I think he would have accepted her dare and challenged her to fulfill 'some' duties of a wife ! I have grasped what you're trying to say ?   πŸ˜•

See! I told you! He didn't say a thing. If he had said something (cursed-her OR called-out-his-mom) that would have been something. In either case, if he had said, he would have opened himself up. Either hate for R or love for his mom, Emotion is more important and not what of kind of emotion at this point (for us viewers). But CVs chose did not open him up for R, probably they thought ek hi din(rather raat) mein sab dikha denge toh zyaada ho jaayega! Bcos there were really lot of things that happened , and all of it done by R:
1. Asked to shift G inside
2. Requested to apply ointment on his neck
3. Took off his shoes
4. Gave him water to drink
5. Puts bedsheet on him (the pink color one!πŸ˜‰) .... I notice that too ... it was soooo incongruous ... pink on Gudd Shukla ! πŸ˜† !
So, you see, It is not just 'Strike One' for R, For me, the score stands at 5-Nil (I wish I could write 5-Love as in TennisπŸ˜†) 
According to me G could've gotten 1 point if he had said something, anything after he held her pallu! πŸ˜† But since he didn't, I will not be giving any points for him, not even for holding the pallu, bcos it just got nullified!πŸ˜† 

Agreed ... if G had said / reacted in some way it would have been giving too much away ! 

I was surprised at how easily CVs evaded this. They didn't make her answer anything. They just gave a twist to that part making Amma ill and R the ever-caring worry abt her Amma. But I liked that sceneπŸ‘πŸΌ, bcos of 3 things -
- CVs smartness (bcos they don't have to make their characters answer to every question the viewer has)
- R's caring nature 
- N's acting, very realistic.πŸ‘ .... agreed  N is superb ! 

Agree, R had already made up her mind that she will handle this marriage. I liked that kitchen scene where Amma is trying to tell her about Ram Vs. Guddu and the way R is listening quietly and also thinking. She slightly shakes her head thinking to herself. There it just showed that she HAD made-up her mind and she knew how to deal with this guy, whom she has been tied in a marriage for life!  .... Agreed ... I too feel R has steeled herself, she'll handle / face everything this marriage will throw at her ! 

Love your takes Bee ... very stimulating, makes me to look at the other side of the story too ! 
Oh! Thanks Usha. Needed that assurance very badly. You know, it is not easy to disagree and justify from where I bring them. ...... I know .... I know ..... and my dear Bee .... you need not even justify .... I'd love to see / hear your POV too .... and you pretty much convince me ... some of the time ! πŸ˜†

Edit: Updated the score! Had only 4 earlier πŸ˜Š, its actually 5-0.πŸ˜ƒ 

gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wafah

Gardes,
It is good to see you back in the forum, and I'm glad you've given the show a second chance :)

Thanks, Wafah.  My "mentor" in Indian Serialography asked me to look at the show from a different perspective, so here I am, back to carp or laugh or just comment!

The reason I could not stand it initially was the M & Ms and how Runjhun was not being able to cut a break from their assault.  And then add Guddu in the mix and God help Runjhun!  But if the tables are turning and there is even a flicker, I am IN!
rusha4003 thumbnail

Usha, Wafah:

And I am not here with cold buckets of water to throw on you all to spoil your happy feelings, I just have watched enough shows to understand how they take their tracks. ..... Dont you worry my dear Bee .... you do not spoil our 'happy feelings' .... we wont let you !  πŸ˜† πŸ˜†  Seriously ... I understand, most of the romantic scenes on TV are cliched .... BUT .... we still like them becos of the new 'jodi' involved ! 

Like I said, it is not easy to come out and say I disagree. I hesitate a lot before I say something like that or throw-cold-water(s)! πŸ˜† ..... Dont  .... hesitate that is .... we are always eager to hear take !

Like for e.g.: I didn't think the "pallu" scene was anything great, not breath-taking in any way (for me). I have watched that in several Indian movies with boy-girl hate-turning-into-love stories. There wasn't anything novel in that scene. ... Oh man ! I used that word 'breath-taking' ... actually it was not, but that is what happened to me, literally ... so I used that word ! But like I told you before ... I was very much aware it wont come up to anything .... so I enjoyed it while it lasted ! πŸ˜†

I wasn't ecstatic about the temple bell scene either, but I did like it better than  the 'pallu' scene just bcos I didn't expect that to happen at that time. So, it was good. .....   I loved that temple scene ... totally up my street ! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ..... loved the symbolism and the way it was shown ! 

The best scene for me in this show till date was the carrom-scene. πŸ‘That left me simply awe-struck. Now, again that is not an very original scene. Similar scene was there in 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S', but here they improvised the scene and it fit perfectly well with the concept of the show. It fit so well bcos the guy was a carrom shop owner, the girl was a Bhagonwali and they tried to show the effect of a Bhagonwali using the carrom game! That scene fits perfectly in this show, than in the film, where, originally it was taken from. It shows the intelligence of the writer. ..... I agree .... πŸ‘πŸΌ

So, in summary, it doesn't have to be a romantic scene for me to like, it just have to be well written, well presented and the idea should come across. It shouldn't be added for the sake of adding.  Agree ... Agree ... Agree ..!

Okay, enough said on my defense! πŸ˜ƒ 

Cheers.

---------------
Edit: 
  All said and done, what I am saying is, it is not like I'm "unhappy" with those scenes, all I am saying is I am not impressed. I do understand some things have to be done for the masses sake and am "okay" with that.πŸ˜ƒ .... Thank God for small mercies ...... our dear Bee doesn't grudge us poor romantic souls our daily 'fix' !  πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† .... Now Bee .... I'm just joking  !.... I love pulling your leg ! 

rusha4003 thumbnail

Glad to hear that, Nidhsara!!!πŸ˜ƒ

I was just worried Wafah and Usha are gonna come behind me with sticks and brooms! πŸ˜²πŸ˜†

@ Nidha ... thanks yaar .. I'm glad you enjoying it here !

@ Bee ... You just wait ! πŸ˜‰ ! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
rusha4003 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wafah

After all we don't want the CVs to think that we are complacent that just because they give us such small scenes, and use it as an excuse for having a story. While I love the subtle potential for romance ( I know you do too) I'm not going to be happy having a relationship develop with no basis just for the heck of romance. I love the Guddu & Runjhun interactions but  that's because they've always been meaningful in my opinion so I don't want some cheap cliched romance tactic either. I want the same meaningful dynamics throughout.

Beautifully put Wafah ! .... you've summed up what I think / feel about serials in general.

Unfortunately ..... sooner or later the CVs lose grip and then the serial begin to go downhill ! I've see it happen to many good serials .... let's not get into that here !

While we are here ... we'll have a jolly good time ..... Ooohing & Aaahing .... or booing and ranting ..... or maybe if we are lucky .... just plain .... Sighhhhhhhhhh ! 😍