Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Loved all the comments!

I just have a few observations after reading the updates and the posts and not necessarily watching (I watch infrequently, when my "advisor" asks me to! πŸ˜‰).
This is an Indian serial and the woman (in this case Runjhun) will be made to sacrifiice a lot for the "Awwww" factor.  Lots of that coming our way....

Runjhun will never agree to ending the marriage at Amma's request because right now, after all was said and done, and yes, Guddu is abhorrent character to have for a husband for her, but he is also a known evil vs. some other unknown evil.  She can easily work around that.  Oh well, he is also the lead and cannot be discarded so easily....

Agree with Bee about the biscuit-throwing for the female audience with the palloo scene.  Another "awwww" factor thrown in....

Amma is weak and in ill-health and that takes away a crucial sympatico character from Runjhun's life, so there is a need to bring in Guddu's 2 accomplices - J and K - to warm up to her first before Guddu does.  Guddu is a long ways off in that area and his buddies can work on him and tell him about Runjhun's goodness.  What?  Think the CVs have M & M's in mind to do that...?  Heck, think again.....!
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: Wafah

She does love her cold water buckets....πŸ˜† I think it keeps us from going of the deep end....We go to the clouds and she brings us back to earth...but yeah I agree it's good to hear all perspectives after all different people conceive different things differently. We paint it colorful and Bee keeps it simple and to the point (well most of the time).

Wafah, Bee is a prgamatist and watches serials accordingly,  Count on the filled buckets of cold water at hand at all times!  πŸ˜ƒ
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: gardes

Loved all the comments!

I just have a few observations after reading the updates and the posts and not necessarily watching (I watch infrequently, when my "advisor" asks me to! πŸ˜‰).
This is an Indian serial and the woman (in this case Runjhun) will be made to sacrifiice a lot for the "Awwww" factor.  Lots of that coming our way.... So tru .... ! 

Runjhun will never agree to ending the marriage at Amma's request because right now, after all was said and done, and yes, Guddu is abhorrent character to have for a husband for her, but he is also a known evil vs. some other unknown evil.  She can easily work around that.  Oh well, he is also the lead and cannot be discarded so easily.... @ blue ... better the known devil than the unknown God eh ? πŸ˜† and I also think R is quite ready to carry thru this marriage with G, she's given herself a good pep talk and she's ready to face G in all avataars ! πŸ˜† Afterall in her opinion, she's married to him, what can happen that's worse ? 

Agree with Bee about the biscuit-throwing for the female audience with the palloo scene.  Another "awwww" factor thrown in....  LOL ...πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ..... and I grabbed the biscuit with both hands ..... then Bee poured the water ... and my biscuit turned soggy  ! You just wait Bee ! We'll get our 'just' biscuits sooner or later ! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Amma is weak and in ill-health and that takes away a crucial sympatico character from Runjhun's life, so there is a need to bring in Guddu's 2 accomplices - J and K - to warm up to her first before Guddu does.  Guddu is a long ways off in that area and his buddies can work on him and tell him about Runjhun's goodness.  What?  Think the CVs have M & M's in mind to do that...?  Heck, think again.....!

Hi Gardes ... this is Usha ! We haven't met ... nice to meet you here !
gardes thumbnail
Usha, nice to meet you too.  Enjoy reading the posts and Wafah's updates.  I was exclusively in CB forum for the longest time but for obvious reasons have strayed to other serials now, this being one of them.

I was turned off by the show until I started reading Bees' posts and she urged me to watch.  Now her comments have made me get more interested than before.  I still hate the extremes shown here, but the M & M's have grown on me, and I am a fan of Amma from the CB days.   Don't mind watching Guddu either (blush, blush!)!!  Known him from the AKA days.
LoveGuddu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Can wait to watch the episode!!!!!!πŸ˜†
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rusha4003

Love your takes Bee ... very stimulating, makes me to look at the other side of the story too ! 
Oh! Thanks Usha. Needed that assurance very badly. You know, it is not easy to disagree and justify from where I bring them.

Edit: Updated the score! Had only 4 earlier πŸ˜Š, its actually 5-0.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by bee5 - 13 years ago
bee5 thumbnail

Wafah, Bee is a prgamatist and watches serials accordingly,  Count on the filled buckets of cold water at hand at all times!  πŸ˜ƒ

Usha, Wafah:

Whatever gardes meant by that!πŸ˜†

But no, I do like this show very much. Otherwise I wouldn't have urged gardes to watch the show (as per her own admittance). No, I didn't really ask her to watch the show as in watch, but I did share my liking for this show. And definitely that seems to have rubbed on her.πŸ˜‰

So, it is not like I do not like the show and hence I do not agree to you guys, it is just that, I think, I watch the show from its outside rather being inside.

And I am not here with cold buckets of water to throw on you all to spoil your happy feelings, I just have watched enough shows to understand how they take their tracks.

Like I said, it is not easy to come out and say I disagree. I hesitate a lot before I say something like that or throw-cold-water(s)! πŸ˜†

Like for e.g.: I didn't think the "pallu" scene was anything great, not breath-taking in any way (for me). I have watched that in several Indian movies with boy-girl hate-turning-into-love stories. There wasn't anything novel in that scene. 

I wasn't ecstatic about the temple bell scene either, but I did like it better than the 'pallu' scene just bcos I didn't expect that to happen at that time. So, it was good.

The best scene for me in this show till date was the carrom-scene. πŸ‘That left me simply awe-struck. Now, again that is not an very original scene. Similar scene was there in 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S', but here they improvised the scene and it fit perfectly well with the concept of the show. It fit so well bcos the guy was a carrom shop owner, the girl was a Bhagonwali and they tried to show the effect of a Bhagonwali using the carrom game! That scene fits perfectly in this show, than in the film, where, originally it was taken from. It shows the intelligence of the writer.πŸ‘πŸΌ

So, in summary, it doesn't have to be a romantic scene for me to like, it just have to be well written, well presented and the idea should come across. It shouldn't be added for the sake of adding.

Okay, enough said on my defense! πŸ˜ƒ

Cheers.

---------------
Edit: 
  All said and done, what I am saying is, it is not like I'm "unhappy" with those scenes, all I am saying is I am not impressed. I do understand some things have to be done for the masses sake and am "okay" with that.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by bee5 - 13 years ago
bee5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

Usha, nice to meet you too.  Enjoy reading the posts and Wafah's updates.  I was exclusively in CB forum for the longest time but for obvious reasons have strayed to other serials now, this being one of them.

I was turned off by the show until I started reading Bees' posts and she urged me to watch.  Now her comments have made me get more interested than before.  I still hate the extremes shown here, but the M & M's have grown on me, and I am a fan of Amma from the CB days.   Don't mind watching Guddu either (blush, blush!)!!  Known him from the AKA days.

Extremes!!! Gardes,Watch today's episode. Just look how the M&Ms think and come up with ideas! Each one is trying to out-do the other! 

My liking for this show is also bcos of how the writers write such well-defined characters, even though they are evil! 

The husbands are describing the thrashings the other got from G. The wifes are so happy to hear their BIL getting thrashed! The husbands are just gloating on and on while tending to the thrashes they got. Then comes the most funny part - the wives are only interested in the MONEY and nothing else!😲 πŸ˜†And the ullu husbands think that no-one else is as intelligent as their wives! No wonder they treat their wives like Gods! πŸ˜†Then follows their adventurous money-stealing scene. Hilarious in just one word!
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Bee,Wafah,Usha......u guys make this forum really liveiy ,funfilled and entertaining....Bee with ur thoughts u prompt us to see the show in a different light ....dont hesitate to say ur views yaar.......it just makes the discussion more lively.........i read all your posts and enjoy them very much....you guys have made this forum one of my toppriority ones......
bee5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nidhsara

Bee,Wafah,Usha......u guys make this forum really liveiy ,funfilled and entertaining....Bee with ur thoughts u prompt us to see the show in a different light ....dont hesitate to say ur views yaar.......it just makes the discussion more lively.........i read all your posts and enjoy them very much....you guys have made this forum one of my toppriority ones......

Glad to hear that, Nidhsara!!!πŸ˜ƒ

I was just worried Wafah and Usha are gonna come behind me with sticks and brooms! πŸ˜²πŸ˜†