Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Romance right now is only on screen : Shabbir Ahluwalia

Shabbir Ahluwalia

Shabbir Ahluwalia will be the "partner-in-crime" with Preity Zinta on Colors' Guinness World Record Ab India Todega starting tomorrow. The rough and tough actor who was crowned the Khatron ka Khiladi last year will be encouraging the contestants to break records. While he will manage all the action in the outdoor records, Preity will be in the studio.

Are you planning to do more reality shows now and less fiction?
I do things from my heart. If I like a script I do it. It can be a film, show or hosting Guinness. It can also be participating in Khatron Ke Khiladi (KKK), anything. I have always done things from my heart and I will continue doing so. I am also producing a show called Ganga Ki Dheej and even that is keeping me busy. I am not staying away from fiction.

I had just taken a break in between because I had to set up my production company after which Khatron Ke Khiladi happened. These are things I like to do as I like adventure, thrill. The feeling of being on the edge keeps you pushing a little further. This show happened now, so there is no way I am trying to stay away.

You have been a participant and now you will motivate others. Which is easier?
Obviously, encouraging is a lot more easy (laughs). It's like being a commander who orders you to go and fight but when you take part you are required to be brave as you do not know what's going to happen next? They are like two different things, if you see KKK and if you had to participate in it you wouldn't know what you'd be doing the next day. But, Guinness World Records is a show where people come to break records. And try a task that they have been doing for a long period of time in their life. They make a record on the basis of that talent.

Taking part is far more exciting and encouraging is easy for it just takes a few words to encourage someone. So the real heroes are the ones participating.

How is Preity as a co-host?
She is incredibly amazing as she is one of the spunkiest actresses in Bollywood. Her energy just rubs off on you. I have shot for very few days but the amount of screen space I have shared with her has been good for she has this amazing comfort level. She is an amazing co-host and a fantastic host.

How do you rate yourself as a host?
It's up to others to rate me.

Any contestant who has stayed in your mind in the record breaking process till now?
It's incredible to see these people break records so it's very difficult to forget them. They are making a world record and it's not a show where a scene gets over and you forget it. So these people are here to stay and become part of history.

Did you try breaking any records with the contestants?
I did try to do a lot of things like when they were setting up this heaviest pull thing I did go and try pulling the truck but it did not move.

Have you ever thought about making a record?
Yes. I want to make a record in sleeping. I want to break Kumbhakaran's record. He used to sleep for six months but I want to sleep for 12. On a serious note, I haven't thought about it. I like challenges and if someone gives me a chance to try my hand at breaking their record I will try. But I just hope it's not dangerous.

Have you tried breaking any records career wise?
In my career, I haven't made any records but I do keep breaking and setting records otherwise. As when I do something I do it from my heart. It's not that I take something for one year or five but when I take up a thing I put my heart and soul into it and finish it well. I am a good finisher but not a good planner!

Is anyone designing your clothes for this show?
The thing is every time I have a designer, I ask them to cut my clothes from different places; and they all leave me and go to save their reputation.

You have been acting and doing reality shows all this while but what do you like more?
Both are different. Acting helps you prepare so it's good but I like reality because it's easy.

Have things changed after Khatron Ke Khiladi?
Yes, the moment people see me they say things like 'yeh toh khatron ke khiladi hai na' and kids tell me 'stunt karo na uncle'. Earlier people asked me to say one dialogue but now they ask for a stunt.

Now I have started taking things differently in my life. I have learnt to take challenges in the right way. I have learnt a lot from the sportsmen in KKK. They always have this killer instinct and never say die attitude that helps you focus and approach things differently.

Career wise which way are you heading?
I would want to act, produce and play throughout my life. I love sports so till my legs work I will play after which I will do films and serials throughout my life.

Is anything happening on the film front?
It's too soon to talk about it. There is something I like but I can't talk till it happens from both the fronts.

Any new shows coming up as a producer?
Working, it's a dog's life!

You are busy all the time so where does it leave time for love and romance?
Only on screen (laughs).

Are you planning to tie the knot?
No, am not.

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Terence creates world record

Choreographer Terence Lewis, judge of Color's Chak Dhoom Dhoom, broke the record for largest Bollywood class choreographed on a Bollywood song on Saturday.

He accomplished this feat on the show Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega on Colors, hosted by Preity Zinta and Shabbir Ahluwalia.

Terence and his assistants trained the huge group for an hour before they set off to break the record at a St Theresa school grounds in Mumbai. This ground breaking feat, which was open to everyone, drew an unparalleled total of 1336 people who danced together on the song Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. Host Shabbir along with Guinness World Record Adjudicator Mr. Rob Molly, who was the designated official from Guinness World Record, declared the effort as successful. The participants were also given a T-shirt, bandana, certificate of participation and an autographed photograph of Terence as memorabilia.

The previous record was set in Australia last week where over 1,235 people led by Malaika Arora Khan shook a leg to the song Munni Badnaam Hui at Melbourne grounds.

Catch Terence's record breaking act on Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega on Colors.

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Salman guns for a Guinness World Record

Salman guns for a Guinness World Record
Salman Khan is famous for going shirtless and now he will take his style to a high level. Buzz is that he will appear on TV show, The Guinness World Records Ab India Todega, to attempt a record for tearing T-shirts. We have seen Salman tear up T-shirts in numerous films but here he will be doing so on his own dum and not help from the unit. He will attempt to break the world record for ripping the most number of tees in a minute. The current record is 14 while Salman will try for 15. Host and good friend Preity Zinta will cheer him on. Of course Salman's connection with Colors was another reason for this appearance.