bhondu2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I was just reading the telebuzz article about Gulaal

Gulaal to see a 10 year leap in April..

Monday, March 21, 2011 | 5:55:07 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Gulaal to see a 10 year leap in April..

Star Plus' Gulaal hopes to better its ratings with its post leap story in April..

Star Plus and Sphere Origins' Gulaal will take a 10 year leap in April. This leap has been on the cards from the time Gulaal (Mansi Parekh) married her 10 year old devar Kesar!!

A little birdie tells us, "The team is planning the next phase of the story right now. Casting is on for the introduction of the post leap characters. Initially, there were plans to show Rahil Azam as the grown-up Kesar. However, this development might not happen now as the production house is planning to cast a new face to play the grown-up Kesar. The character of Talli, presently played by Sparsh Khanchandani will also be part of the post leap story".

We hear that there is a faint possibility of Rahil Azam coming back as Vasant. However, this will again depend on the ratings of Gulaal. The leap was to happen in the last week of March, but it has now been pushed to April.

Our source tells us, "The show has got stagnant at the 2 TVR mark and has not been showing any sign of improvement. With lot many shows being planned on Star Plus, Gulaal is one of the shows that has been placed under the scanner. If things do not fall in place, Gulaal might be shown the door post IPL. Looking at all this, one can clearly say that the leap might just be the last chance that the show gets to stake its claim".

We tried contacting Rahil Azam to know whether he has been approached for a comeback as Vasant, but we could not get thro' to him.

We tried contacting Producer Sunjoy Wadhwa for a confirmation on the leap, but he too remained unavailable.

However, a reliable source connected to the show did confirm that the leap is surely coming!!

We hope Gulaal gets the much-needed face-lift with the coming leap'

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I soo wished Bidaaii had continued till atleast March of this year .. There was so much left in the show and they axed it.
Other show is still struggling to reach a mark in the ratings,  now they are trying to  give a leap and  get the show up and running.

So unfair to bidaaii ..Postleap it  did remarkably and gave us  a beautiful character liek Anmol Rajvansh

Please Starplus and Dkut  get us teh show back with new generation  ideas which post leap had already taken  it into action and showings us  the time and essence of relationships.

4 months and the stage of improvement was so snail slow atpreant in teh 9 pm slot  and they are brining these changes will make any difference 😕
Edited by bhondu2010 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@bhondu..read the article and the first thing to come in mind how unfair the same channel was to the show bidaai..

they ended it in a rush to make way to their new strategy and look today its not working at all and under the scanner....stagnant from day one..no improvement and i remember reading a certain mr avinash from SP channel so confidently saying after the deyar vatu the serial will get a raise in TRP nothing till now..

last resort a leap to attract viewers..if a show from day one has not been able to interest viewers so wat a leap will do lots of ???????.

so according to article if leap dont work after IPL it gets the exit door as many shows are in the pipeline..

now if we come to the buzz of B2 coming back  and might be getting the 9pm slot seems it may happen if this last strategy does not work..

after the cricket season over lots of changes happenning esp about rural based shows to urban ones..so seems SP too will axe some shows to give way to new ones..

so lets hope DKP/RS working on the continuation of unfinished story of the leap..
bhondu2010 thumbnail
I really hope they think  about their unfairness for Bidaaii .. Post leap and Apurva's role had major significant impact for the show. They were doing so well and there was so much story left, it would have been a good continuation, They pulled it off to give space to the shpw gulaal. The lead of the show went out now they are bringing him back to  boost the rating and get the show to a new level.
I don;t know how far that will work.
The show  could have geared up  atleast after 1 and a half month.

Starplus  really makes me upset with neing unfair for Bidaaii.
I hope they rectify  their mistake abd bring them back after IPL 
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
How unfortunate for bidaaii !!!

I read elsewhere

Gulaal on Star Plus came in with a huge responsibility as it replaced the popular Bidaai. However, the show has not been able to make much of an impact as was expected by the channel. In fact, a source informs that the show will now have a generation leap as a last ditch effort to save it.

So its pinching Starplus Big time for what they did to Bidaaii !!!
Really its  making me quite annoyed that Bidaaii was doing so well there was much storyleft could have pulled till  atleast 1 year post leap them  given a good closure

Now Gulaal will be  asked to  take a leap and when performance was'nt upto the mark with 9 pm slot after november 15th 2011 what  garuentee s tehre it will fair well  I mean time line and  benchmark is also imprtant
rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
I recall three months after leap Bidaai was in the news about ending and three months after ending again in the news of a comeback. I feel sad as 4 1/2 months after leap Bidaai ended at the top so  4 1/2 months after ending expecting some news about star cast
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: rekha03

I recall three months after leap Bidaai was in the news about ending and three months after ending again in the news of a comeback. I feel sad as 4 1/2 months after leap Bidaai ended at the top so  4 1/2 months after ending expecting some news about star cast

I am quite angry at starplus !!! I mean we viewers are  definatly quite disspointed with their  way of  making a show like Bidaaii end when it was at the top.
Moreoer so many  loop holes left for the show and they started a show which was not fetching them  the ratings they were expecting.

Now Starplus  should  see the loss and bring back Bidaaii with defiantly with the post leap cast !
bhondu2010 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rekha03

Truly you have said it well..
The show had was  in a stage that  the character had beautifully set and the story after all the saakshi mess was getting its stage set for  a life where relationship second chance in love was giving good importance.

Viewers are  not going to beleieve that  they stopped at a high point saying that the show is done since there was very much to offer

I hope Starplus and the team of RS get the oppertunity to show B2 with the team they  left the high point post leap