fine yaar india win yaar hum haar gaye

don't worry yar will win in next match- congrat's 2 india
sanghamitra_27 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Rajeev Khandelwal in an action flick

Richa Shukla, TNN | Apr 3, 2011, 12.00am IST
Tags:Rajeev Khandelwal|Manjiri|Anurag Kashyap
Rajeev Khandelwal
Rajeev Khandelwal, the Jaipur guy who started out on TV, will be doing an action film called "Shaitan". 

"It's a fast-paced thriller with lots of action," says Rajeev, who is busy holidaying with his wifeManjiri in Himachal Pradesh. They recently got married at Khimsar Fort near Jodhpur. The film is being directed by Bijoy Nambiar and produced byAnurag Kashyap. 

"It was all on-spot training. I didn't do anything special," admits Rajeev. He will be playing the role of a suspended cop in the film. But as of now, he's enjoying his holiday. 

"We could not plan a long break due to my busy schedule. Now I'm enjoying my time with Manjiri. It's freezing here and camping amid the lush greenery is something I have been craving for a long time," says Rajeev.
-Mrs.SKMehwish- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hello guys sab kaha ho thanks sanghamitra_27for this article Edited by mahaandneha - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: mahaandneha

hello guys sab kaha ho thanks sanghamitra_27 for this article

yaar sab k sab kaha ho
Originally posted by: sanghamitra_27

good morning

When films elude TV stars

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Apr 5, 2011, 12.00am IST

They did well in tellytown till they decided to waltz into the world of Bollywood. And now they are all returning to the small screen, hoping to make it big again. 

But, then it's not that easy. Right from Eijaz Khan to Aamir Ali to Shakti Anand, from Anita toAamna Sharif to Nausheen Ali Sardar — they have all tried their luck in films, but to no avail. Manav Gohil, Sangeeta Ghosh and Shveta Salve are still waiting for their film to release, which now seems like a distant dream. And Karan Singh Grover has only been talking about his movie debut past many years. 

It's only now that something seems to be materialising! While Prachi Desai and Rajeev Khandelwal — small screen imports who got lucky in B-Town are still trying to get their toehold in Bollywood films, the newer add-ons to the list of telly migrants to Hindi films are Kulraj Randhawa (Yamla Pagla Deewana), Aditya Narayan (Shaapit), Tia Bajpai (Haunted), Roshni Chopra (Vikram Bhatt's untitled next), Karan Singh Grover (with Diana Hayden) and Ranvijay Singh. 

The oft asked question remains: Why is the Bollywood dream so elusive for telly actors? Industry insiders feel that prime time TV stars become such staple faces thanks to their every day appearance in our homes that they lose the novelty factor when they take their first big screen bow. That's just where a rank newcomer scores over them. Aditya, a reality show TV anchor, confesses that while his debut film gave him "good exposure", it didn't do well at the BO. So now when Aditya is not shooting for his new TV show, he's "reading film scripts" and this time around will do a lot of thinking before he signs his next! Aamir Ali who recently starred in I Hate Luv Storys, feels "One wrong move can spoil your chances in B-Town. On TV, you can take a risk and still make a comeback, no one gives you a second chance in films." 

Moving from television to films is sometimes not as easy as it seems to be. Says Kulraj, "The journey from TV to films wasn't a cakewalk. One has to be patient and wait for right opportunities. I took up regional films and only when I felt confident I joined mainstream Bollywood films." 

So what do TV producers have to say about the phenomenon? Actor-producer JD Majethia says, "When one is competing with established stars, one needs to give 200 per cent to be successful, which is tough. It is difficult for an established TV star to create a space of one's own in a film industry, which already has bigger names ruling the roost." 

Once their tryst with movies comes to nothing, they take a step back to their familiar territory — television. Once the big screen dream fizzles out, the small screen seems the only option left. But then with newer faces, getting a good role is tough. Nausheen is back in a serial playing a mother to grownups. Anita is doing a horror show. Manav had entered Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo a while ago after it took a time leap. Eijaz did a cameo in Bhaskar Bharti, Shveta is hosting DanceIndia Dance and the list goes on....

LifeOfTheParty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi guys how r u 
Originally posted by: love-mystery

hi guys how r u 

hey kaha ho