Users

Frequent Posters

sanghamitra_27 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Jaipur is my city: Rajeev Khandelwal

TNN | May 7, 2011, 12.00am IST
Tags:Rajeev Khandelwal|Kahiin Toh Hoga|Bollywood Actor
Rajeev Khandelwal More Pics
Rajeev Khandelwal floored the country with his boyish charm and innocent face when he stepped into the world of acting. 

Popularly known as Sujal in the serial 'Kahiin Toh Hoga,' Khandelwal has earned reputation as an actor. A Pink City export to the glam world who rose to fame with roles on the small screen, and then worked at finding a foothold in Bollywood, he sure has come a long way in his profession, but at heart, he is right where it all started for him – Jaipur. 

"It's my city, my Jaipur. And it's no exaggeration when I say that the beauty of the city is that it holds its age-old traditions dear, and close to the heart, without being conservative. When I say traditional, it means that it still retains its basic culture and heritage, and maintains the essence of a majestic town, without being swayed by the harsh realties of modern lifestyle. The last three years have witnessed the foray of Jaipur's talent on international platform. The city has grown a lot, but it has not lost even a bit of its small town charm. During these 10 years, I don't really live in Jaipur, but every time I come here, I discover new things. A new lot of young and talented actors from this city have carved a niche in the world of television. Confident youth, smart and pretty girls have brought the world at their feet with their achievements. One can find all sorts of things to do like shopping in malls, going to the discs or bars at night, going to the movies, etc. The change can also be gauged by the heavy traffic in the city. 

There is no other place that I love as much as my beloved hometown Jaipur, because I was born and brought up here, my roots are here and parents still live here. This place has that perfect blend of serenity and modernisation that I cannot find in any other place. Whatever I do, wherever I am, my city is clearly reflected in my personality and my work. I have the feeling of belongingness here, and it's just not with the city, in fact, it goes for the entire state. I still remember, once I was travelling to Ajmer for a show on my birthday. When I reached there, my fans gave me a pleasant surprise – and had organised a mini celebration. And it was not the only surprise as something more was waiting for me. On the same day, when I reached Jodhpur in the evening, another birthday bash had been organised. I was really touched by all of it. 
I won't say that Jaipur is the only city to export talented people to the foreign tinsel towns. Undoubtedly, Jaipur has always had a pool of talented actors who have made our city proud. Even in Mumbai, whenever I say that I am from Jaipur, the spark and gleam in people's eyes just gives me high." 
ashaj thumbnail
its an old article of RK

His cell phone beeps incessantly, an unflagging reminder of the popularity of the intense eyed actor relaxing between shots in his make up van at Goregaon's Sankraman Studios.

Rajeev Khandelwal, unknown entity on Indian television a year ago, is today the cynosure of all couch potatoes' eyes, from India, Pakistan, Maldives and all the way to Canada. Initial euphoria of the fan craze behind him, the actor is now struggling to live down the image of Sujal from Star Plus' late night Kahiin To Hoga, that has females of all ages drooling all over him and some more.

"At times, you do a character that works in your favour...it just happens that Sujal has worked tremendously in my favour," he admits self-effacingly, mulling over his success on a drizzly Friday between smokes, waiting for the next shot.

"Otherwise, why wouldn't the ad agencies and production houses have flipped over me when I came to Mumbai as a struggler two years ago?" he asks. Valid question. In his late twenties, Rajeev is well built but not seriously hunky; is good looking but not overwhelmingly attractive. But when he turns those brooding eyes on Kashish in Kahiin To Hoga every night, millions of female hearts miss a beat. And Rajeev knows that.

Down to earth he may be, but modesty is certainly not his middle name. Call it high self esteem or plain over confidence, this boy from Jaipur knew he would make it big some day. Just how, that was the question. Once spotted by Balaji Telefilms, and cast with accurate precision as the egoistic yet soft centred Sujal by Ekta Kapoor, it was pure screen chemistry that turned the struggling model into an overnight tele-star. Before KTH happened, Rajeev was doing the odd Gilbey's, LML bikes or Kodak Express ad.

Post KTH, he is shooting daily, making guest appearances at city colleges and shuttling to remote towns in the country's interiors for shows. "They are the barometer of my popularity," he grins, turning on that now famous whimsical smile. He lets us into his secret, "Even today, when I go out, my eyes are searching for adulation. Through my dark glasses, through the rear view mirror of my car, I am checking for reactions in the public's eye...if its an indifferent reaction, I can guess the TRPs of my show are
dipping..."

And if that's the reason he prefers shopping at Shopper's Stop rather than small boutiques (three whole floors of fans!), that's Rajeev for you. A queer mixture of vanity and clearheadedness, he is the first to admit, "I know, some day, this charm will fade, the day when people will say Sujal's getting monotonous." And it is this fear that makes him keep on evolving Sujal even within the set parameters of a lover spurned by the only love of his life.

He toys with the script, insists on rewriting dialogues umpteen times till he is satisfied with the outcome and often drives his colleagues round the bend, is the industry buzz. There have been times when Ekta has herself enacted scenes that Rajeev thinks would go against the popular Sujal image. Friends and relatives think he has become too big for his boots...

He sighs, "How can I explain to them that my life is slipping out of my hands? I am completely dominated by my profession, and keep worrying about not letting my fans down. I even contemplated something apart from KTH because I felt I was doing the same thing over and over..."

It's an image trap and Rajeev is the first one to acknowledge it. Life on the personal front, while comfortable on the material side (he's bought a car, a huge house recently) is still chaotic. Marriage is out, for the time being. "I cant afford to have a steady relationship because I am too focused on my own self at this stage of life, and any committed relationship cannot take it. I would love to have flings, but the problem here is that Sujal Garewal would always be between me and the girl, because Sujal's the one the girl probably loves!" The hint of irony and sadness in his voice is palpable.

As of now, Rajeev is revelling in being Sujal, even though insecurity gnaws sometimes. "I still worry about the shape of my nose," he laughs deprecatingly.

The offers are pouring in, for movies and serials, but as he says, "I feel Sujal is bigger than the characters they are offering. I am a gambler, and I took a plunge into Sujal, but I dont have that gut feeling for any of the roles being offered." As for KTH, he says he will continue as long as the journey is good. For the myriad who want to know if there's more to come of Rajeev on the telly, there's a long wait ahead. "I don't want to lose my exclusivity," he affirms, "If you really like me, you have to wait up till 11 pm."

No fears on that front. For Sujal, the girls are willing to sit up to midnight. Or beyond

ashaj thumbnail
Originally posted by: sanghamitra_27

ea bahat purani hain yr

yes is tooo old article😊
sanghamitra_27 thumbnail
off  the beanten track

Shaitan (June 10)

Directed by Bejoy Nambiar, winner of Sony PIX reality show Gateway, this film talks about the shaitan (demon) within each of us. The film is the story of five youngsters who believe in living life on their own terms. An accident has them running for cover with a cop close on their heels. The film is being produced by Anurag Kashyap's home banner and features his wife Kalki Koechlin. Expect hard-hitting Anurag Kashyap fare.

Soundtrack (August 12)

Based on a true story, Soundtrack is the Hindi remake of Canadian award-winning film, It's All Gone Pete Tong. Featuring Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma in lead roles, the film is about a popular DJ who is living his dream β€” a flashy lifestyle and a bunch of friends as close as family. However, his dreams come crashing down as tinnitus coupled with an overexposure to loud noise takes away his hearing. Soha Ali Khan, a bohemian speech therapist, works on his deafness and his depression to make him realise that life is beautiful and has to be lived to the fullest. Unusual and, hopefully, well executed.

Keywords: Bolly

nishamna thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hi mahaandneha,
how are you? sorry, i can't able to massage you. actually i was busy with very important project.

mahaandneha, today i have seen the promo of shaitan in t.v . but i realize that rajeev was missing from that promo. in you tube he was present but in t.v's promo, he was not there. 

sanghamitra_27 thumbnail
kiyu dono promo me hi to thore waqt ke lia vi rk ko dikhia hain
Illumination thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: nishamna

hi mahaandneha,
how are you? sorry, i can't able to massage you. actually i was busy with very important project.

mahaandneha, today i have seen the promo of shaitan in t.v . but i realize that rajeev was missing from that promo. in you tube he was present but in t.v's promo, he was not there. 

OOMGGG!  HAVE  u seen thats πŸ˜›πŸ˜› shatina promo   on air  in tv  ...
are p-lz tell me its true πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
Illumination thumbnail
Originally posted by: sanghamitra_27

kiyu dono promo me hi to thore waqt ke lia vi rk ko dikhia hain

sanghi     rajeev ki  promo  main  dekha hai kaya  ...plzz   tell me yara πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
ashaj thumbnail
Originally posted by: oliveya

sanghi     rajeev ki  promo  main  dekha hai kaya  ...plzz   tell me yara πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

olive have u read my pm if not i have allready posted the promo of shaitan in ur cc
Illumination thumbnail
ASHA I HAVE SEEN THATS promo already   i ask u   have seen this promo in TV