Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divmath thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@rgattu

I am sure all of us who made those comments on Anandi's pronunciations, did not mean to degrade or look down upon regional accents, it was merely because of the foolishness of CV's who took this route to show that Anandi is only 8th pass....I dont understand why they did that when Anandi used to pronounce the words properly when she was young !!! our making fun of Anandi's diction is based only on this context and no offense meant whatsoever to anyone πŸ˜Š 
ruchira23 thumbnail
i agree with u all that young anandi was good at pronunciation bt after the leap they are showing her that way intentionally πŸ˜•
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@rgattu

i absolutely understand what you are trying to say. people do have their regional accent which dominate the pronunciation. i am aware of that. as others said. the chhoti anandi was good at pronouncing words but after the leap the badi anandi seems to be pronouncing the same words as if she's saying it for the first time... this is what was irritating me. i had no intentions to hurt anybody. but if you are hurt then i'm sorry for that😳
rgattu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi all
Please do not apologise, that was never the intention.
The purpose was to point out that education does not equate to English, that's all. Especially in India we tend to make this assumption quite a lot and hence the topi

Re Anadi junior/senior - calling it CVs goof-up is the best solution I think!

cheerio people 😊
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@rgattu:
yes people react in a judgemental manner as regards to pronunciation..and i agree wid u wen u say its by no means a reflection of one's education,and very snobbish to think in tht direction,i have myself gone thru a phase wer i have made conscious efforts to correct my grammar and pronunciation to avoid taunts by sum people i have had the misfortune of spending time wid..bt as uma said,here on the forum we have an issue wid essentially anandi mispronouncing these words..otherwise DS and Sumitra have thicker accents and nobody says anything to tht..its the mark of the actor in tht case..b in anandi's,its a case of shoddy direction..
sudss thumbnail
i agree with all of u here...  even while we are all of the opinion tht the accent is no way related to education, its just the lack of continuity in the characterization of anandi that we were pointing at.  its hard to revert an accent... u continue the way u learned it... same should have applied to anandi too.