TERENCE LEWIS...SIMPLY UNREAL...THE REAL STORY!

Anamika2000 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Everyone,
Im Anamika and Im new here....must say this is a warzone...wow...I went thru this post and felt a lot had been said without ascertaining the facts...so i thought i shd clear the air for all, since I was personally present and now I can proudly say that I am a  part of a guiness world record. My first big achievement.

I had seen, heard and read up  a lot abt Terence Lewis and then  I saw his advertisement the other day inviting people to do a FREE bollywood dance  class and in doing so help break the Guiness World Record. I naturally jumped as I have always wanted to dance but didnt know how to start. Besides my parents are against dancing and we are not so well to do. Anyways I was very nervous and I went there with three friends. I was pleasanty surprised to see how professionally it was managed at the regstrations. All his dancers were there, smiling and  helping us and were patient and not rude, despite some difficult and overbearing people who were pranksters as they had come to create nuisance since it was free.  anyways,  I was in for more surprises...After registrations all participants  were given a Free Tshirt of Terence Lewis(Yeaaaaaaaaah), a yellow scarf, bottled drinking water and biscuits....all free. We were made to stand in lines as it was the procedure. The instructors kept us engaged before starting the dance by giving spot prises and making people groove.

Then came the real thing...Terence Lewis...dressed in a simple T shirt, Jeans and wore the same scarf as every one else. He addresed the crowd warmly, thanked us for coming and learning inspite of  the hot sun, inspite of the exams going on and the fear of being in the open, on the eve of holi.....and then came the best part ...him teaching...In just one hour he taught us atleast 30 different moves and I loved the references he kept giving us while doing the step and he made everything so light and funny and soon we were at ease. With several repetition and words of encouragement we were ready for the jig. He is a true master...makes things so easy...By now The sun was unrelenting....yet terence didnt stop and was kind enough to keep asking if we needed a break or water...he was so enthusausitic and kind to all his fans .that his energy spread to all of us..

Then we finally did it and I cdnt wait to here from his mouth 'Chumeshwari'.What touched me the most was when he told us that the very school grounds we were learning the dance, he had played on it several times as we were performing in his school grounds. He felt that the seed of dance had been sown here, so it was only natural that it wd come full circle at this high point of his life, to choose his school that nurtured his talent for ten years. Then suddenly, one of the  old ladies broke the line and came gushing and rushing  fwd. Terence recognised her and he had this huge smile. She was this frail woman who happened to be his teacher in 2nd std,  an she wanted to hug him.πŸ‘ Another young boy wanted to celebrate his birthday and said he got the best gift of the year as he wanted to learn from Terence and then Terence made his day by asking the entire crowd to sing for him. πŸ‘I love this man....you can feel he is genuine....I also loved his humility when he thanked Zee profusely for giving him DID...loved what he said,..."iske pehle bhi main bahut nachtha tha aur seekhtha tha, lekin woh toh jaisa Mor, jungle main nacha...DID ne sab kuch badal diya" He took names of some people i cant remember. I think he is just such a gem.

I saw that episode in CDD where he metioned that he used t o be very poor and sometimes so hungry that he used to hide and pick up vada pav from dustbins after school thrown by rich kids. πŸ˜­This man is incredible...he has his feet on the ground..i feel inspired as im not so well to do and feel the connect strongly. 

Then later   i saw those big bully boys trying to disrupt things but they were out numbered as his fans were keen to learn and were serious.  Then when the event came to a close, some of them started throwing the free water bottles on to  others and to the girls . it cd have gone out of hand but Terence being the gentleman, told them that if they were his true fans they will not trouble the girls  and told them  to think of those poor people  who don't get water in their houses and some even die of it...This immediately calmed them and they sobered down.

And Guess what....here comes the best part...He promised us that he would give us all a certificate of participation mentioning the guiness world record, personally signed by him. I cant wait. πŸ˜›I can now tell my father who doesnt think much of me that look I got my first certificate, that too of an international record breaking event. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Now, looking back How those three hours flew and what an experience. But most of all, I got to see first time a celebrity who I met in flesh and blood and if im a woman and if we have any intuition, this man is genuinely, incredibly humble, talented, charming and simple. I really feel DID had a lot of freshness partly because of him as a person. I also googled his website...guess what i found that he works for the St catherines home free and also gave  free professional training scholarships  to many dancers like Mayuresh, Shakti, Punit and Falon who were very raw and new when they did the three year course...i wish one day i will be a part of that too....IM GONNA SERIOUSLY START LEARNING DANCE AS SOONA S MY EXAMS ARE OVER😳

Didnt realise I wrote all this so fast...I think ive expressed enough...time to study for my exam....wish me luck...
love you Terence.....and please dont fight with me for loving him....ive experienced his Magic in person...I just wanna say from the bottom of my heart ......Thank You Terence...Youve inspired me to live and see life differently....so positively...I will always remain indebted for this...Thank you...πŸ‘
See you guys soon.
love 
Anamika

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

joyce_k thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sounds great!!! He is a true proffesional...
I wish I could be there to experience the same :(
Thanks for posting...
dmgmjht4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you immensely for posting this! And congrats by the way, I would've loved to be in that opportunity, and for you to be in it is a great accomplishment! Take care and I wish for the best for your future!
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for sharing! u r very lucky indeed! good luck on ur exams!
WreckLass thumbnail
Anamika! you lucky girl😳
Anamika2000 thumbnail
thats really sweet of you guys....thanks for ur support

Wow, good for youu! So many people would love to have that opportunity πŸ˜ƒ It's nice to know Terence is as sincere, and humble as he is shown on TV  :) Good luck to youu.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely Anamika ji.
I am glad you had a wonderful time and God BLess all of you dancers and Terence the gentleman too.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
That's so great that you were able to do this! πŸ˜ƒ Thanks so much for sharing your experience and showing us that Terence is just as humble and kind on TV as he is in real life. πŸ˜³
uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing your experience, you are a lucky girl..

Big Congrats to TL for breaking the record.. If possible pls  post the certificate you got from that event here..