SRK: "There's no bigger superstar than me" - Page 15

Posted: 13 years ago
ok thanks for clarifying Salma.
😊
Originally posted by Salma2

errrr, I thought opening matters when it comes to start quality... isnt it? better film which have better script with better excution make people watch it on and on, not the star. Star give the initial attraction.

PL?? any one?? does amir's star quality able to make having a whooping second week? I thought it got decent weekend due to star appeal..isnt itπŸ˜‰

So, if we are to take your view that opening week is directly related to star power, then lets consider Ghajini and Rab ne. Both release in the same month in 2008. Ghajini made 64 crorres  while Rab ne made 42 crores. Both SRk and Aamir's only moviee in 2008.. so the question of gap in movies also does not arise Edited by Relda - 13 years ago

when Hrithik do many movies, what happened? 2000-2002 ...he got flops, on and on!!!

then he took a break and made a come back in 2003 with koi mil gaya, he got a BB.

then lakshaya in next year was a failure in BO.

took a break an comes after 2 years... dhoom 2, krish.. 2 biggest blockbusters.

tok a break 2008 - jodha akbar... super hit

took a foolish break and came up with a turkey kites 2010- IT GOT OPENED 100% everywhere, second huge weekend everywhere, got crashed because a bad movie.

curiosity result a better opening, but then run depend on movie it self

what would you think about my logic and Hrithik nowπŸ˜‰

my point exactly...see how in the end, he took a break and returned with Kites and guzaarish which flopped miserably? he was getting more and more selective after KMG wherein, he does 2 movies max a year..takes a 2 year hibernation and comes back....while initially, he was delivering successes, they didnt sustain for long because he eventually delivered flops...

so selectivity does not guarantee hits, as seen....but aamir has managed that quite well for an entire decade.....that is some feat, and deservedly, it gives him the edge over sallu and srk...

errrr, I thought opening matters when it comes to start quality... isnt it? better film which have better script with better excution make people watch it on and on, not the star. Star give the initial attraction.

PL?? any one?? does amir's star quality able to make having a whooping second week? I thought it got decent weekend due to star appeal..isnt itπŸ˜‰

eerrr...tooo....how does that make any difference in star opening power.?? 3 idiots came in 2009 and DABANGG came in 2010. If u have read abt the initial reports of 3 idiots...this movie was quite different in terms of concept and script and even its title surprised the mass audiences...they were not sure what it was all abt....the tangawallas, the autorickshaw wallas..but the film's opening was still good..

where as people were familiar what dabangg was abt...so everyone knew it will take a massive opening...+ munni also contributed......3 idiots didn't have any item number......these things does matter......and they can't decide how much power a star have....

may be another movie of shahrukh or salman could beat 3I as well? and it can be possible...but tht doesn't mean one has lesser power.....aamirs was considered lesser and he showed his worthπŸ˜‰

k, cool, me out.

salma...just wanted to say, thank u for indulging in a civilised debate. U made very valid points and i had fun defending them. i respect all ur opinions and apologise if any of my comments bummed u out. πŸ˜ƒ
These are the numbers which are getting Aamir on top in the polls.. We are talking abt today and no denying that Aamir is Number 1 as of today...

Again one movie...one all time BB is all it takes to topple any one from that spot....No one is a constant there...

Srk too was on top there right from the middle of 2000 up until couple of years back....2 biggies of Aamir pushed him from that slot...

Anyways...all three Khans have there place right up on top....Newbies have come and newbies are gone but the constants on top are the three Khans.... That says it all....

The All Time 100 Crore DOMESTIC GROSSERS

Frisday 18th March 2011 10.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

There have been 11 films till date which have crossed the magical 100 crore GROSS mark. In 2010 three films managed to cross the 100 mark. In the middle of the last decade this was was seen as an near impossible task but the big groW*H in business since 2006 means its more easily achievable in 2011.

1. Three Idiots (2009) - 269.50 crore

2. Dabangg (2010) - 187.50 crore

3. Ghajini (2008) - 155 crore

4. Golmaal 3 (2010)- 144 crore

5. Gadar (2001) - 130.25 crore

6. Raajneeti (2010) - 124.25 crore

7. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (1994) - 123 crore

8. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) - 117 crore

9. Dhoom 2  (2006) - 111.75 crore

10. Om Shanti Om  (2007) - 110.50 crore

11. Diwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) - 106.50 crore

Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago
Good for Aamir I am happy for him he deserves it

lagan, DCH, RDB, TZP are not blockbusters, lagan is a  hit and others are super hits... I dont know what source u r using.πŸ˜•

gajini and 3i are all time block busters.

SRK too had 3 blockbusters, OSO, RABNE, CDI.

super hits : veer zara , k3g.

hits : don, devdas, k3g, mainhoona, mnik

flops: swades, one two ka four

above avg: chalte chalte.

SRK too didnt have a flop after 2004 when he is doing solo. amir too after mangal pandey didnt have a flop when he is doing a solo.

number of hits in 2000 decade, SRK leads.

I dont want to make BO comparison, those who are interested can do.

people should think there was an industry before 3I and Gajini happened. Overseas numbers , I dont even want to consider.

jst loved the post !!!! πŸ˜› 

And u hav to consider the nos of movies they hav done in the same no of years n SRK leads there too... so there is more chances movies failing..n few failed does nt matter  !!!! πŸ˜†

SRK has almost done 3 tyms more movies thn Aamir b/w 2000-2010 ..ths more contribution to Bollywood which makes him a bigger star !!!! πŸ˜† he just does nt work makes his movies a hit but he works for sake of  the indusrty !!!! πŸ˜›

And among top movies overseas 6/10 top movies belong to SRK !! πŸ˜›

Keep------------------Smiling !!!! 😊
Edited by tomnjerry2 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Neetu_PB_lover

way to go pragya...i missed u in many topics....but u need to get more power in ur side...becoz i cant see one more SRK gr8 fan who seems to be defending every of his silly persona...nuktacheen ji where r u ??? πŸ˜†

Viewbie's Note: This is clearly mocking/instigating/bashing a member which is NOT allowed on this forum. You have been told before, so this is your last warning from me.

People should just chill...This is no fan club here... 
One criticism or one difference of opinion and it is considered dissing/bashing.... πŸ₯±

Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago