Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Neetu_PB_lover

way to go pragya...i missed u in many topics....but u need to get more power in ur side...becoz i cant see one more SRK gr8 fan who seems to be defending every of his silly persona...nuktacheen ji where r u ??? πŸ˜†

I'm not sure why you have to bring Sanam here.

Its not about SRK vs aamir.

Salma and I are having a civilised debate without getting personal.

So lets just keep it to that.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: bollywoodbabe1

As someone said the Aamir fans will say he is the biggest and the SRK fans will say that he is the biggest, no amount of box office number postings or convincing is likely to change their minds. And quite honestly both have an equally important place in the industry. And both are undoubtedly superstars anyways, they've proved themselves already. The only thing don't like it that SRK keeps on harping that he's number 1, that's so not cool! 

And if you ask me the biggest superstar in Bollywood is neither one of these two, it's undoubtedly Mr Amitabh Bachchan, the man has ruled for decades, the type of popularity he has seen and continues to see in both India and overseas is unprecedented.And he has never called himself the best, the world has, that's the sign of a great legend!
I don't know any other actor in bollywood who has or will be able to maintain that kind of success or popularity from his hey days right upto the age of 68! If I list this man's achievements it would go on for ages! 

I so agree!!! He still is!! πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: Salma2

errr, i considered industry got expanded, because DABANG did greater than 3I due to number of prints get expanded in intial rounds. Inflation didn't consider in these statistics. was it?? NO. Otherwise we know Shloay is the biggest hit so far. 

when you did less movies, failure rate is less. I believe you know that. when some one come after so much time, curiosity factor is getting increased. Thats why KITES opened to 100%. less movies, thats why less hits is a bull logic.

but at the end of the day...DABANGG couldnt do anything to beat 3I anywhere...the total gross of 3I is massive...something which dabangg made half of......

i agree with gobsmacked completely
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

ok fine...let me restate it...he has delivered consecutive BO successes which were also "cult" films....films which changed the way bollywood functioned...films which changed the way actors chose their roles...the response he received for 3 idiots and ghajini alone is enough proof that ppl are far more interested in seeing him...and now with dabangg, even salman's selling like hot cake...Aamir has the highest success rate....compare the number of films he does, with the number of hits he gives....they are pretty much the same....

whereas compare the number of films srk does with his number of hits...if he has seen highs, he has also seen terrible lows..ashoka, PBDHH, Hum tumhare hain sanam, paheli, one 2 ka 4....etc 

today...srk stands in the third position as far as stardom, box office and popularity is concerned. 

I completely respect, thats your opinion.

you quote me and mentioned  wrong facts over blockbuster status, thats why I replied.

Otherwise people are entitled to their opinions and I never bother nor mad to go after them because my opinions are different haha..

and ok, but my logic is, when you spend lot of time and do movies, failure rate is less. If I say 2000-2010 KAJOL RULES, just because she did 4 films and wll were hits and she is having 100% success ratio, it doesnt make sense to me. anyways, its ur opinion and I dont have a problem nor I argue , do i?😳

and 

errr, i considered industry got expanded, because DABANG did greater than 3I due to number of prints get expanded in intial rounds. Inflation didn't consider in these statistics. was it?? NO. Otherwise we know Shloay is the biggest hit so far. 

when you did less movies, failure rate is less. I believe you know that. when some one come after so much time, curiosity factor is getting increased. Thats why KITES opened to 100%. less movies, thats why less hits is a bull logic.

ur missing the point here

its not less movies = less hits

more like

whtever movies = all hits

get the point??? success rate....like u said...hrithik does less films too..does tht mean he experiences less failure?? his failure to hits ratio is quite pathetic...

with aamir, he does less films...but all of them boast of being successes...a good opening and curiosity factor can only take u so far...after tht, it is upto the star muscle and the film to do well...

furthermore, if aamir is increasing curiosity isnt tht even more proof tht hes a bigger box office draw??? whtever way hes doing it, hes attracting an audience..now tht may also be because hes more underexposed...but who cares...hes generating hype...and after release, his films generally sustain that hype...isnt tht enough proof?

Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
Salma2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neetu_PB_lover

but at the end of the day...DABANGG couldnt do anything to beat 3I anywhere...the total gross of 3I is massive...something which dabangg made half of......

i agree with gobsmacked completely

errrr, I thought opening matters when it comes to start quality... isnt it? better film which have better script with better excution make people watch it on and on, not the star. Star give the initial attraction.

PL?? any one?? does amir's star quality able to make having a whooping second week? I thought it got decent weekend due to star appeal..isnt itπŸ˜‰

Salma2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

ur missing the point here

its not less movies = less hits

more like

whtever movies = all hits

get the point??? success rate....like u said...hrithik is does less films too..does tht mean he experiences less failure?? his failure to hits ratio is quite pathetic...

with aamir, he does less films...but all of them boast of being successes...a good opening and curiosity factor can only take u so far...after tht, it is upto the star muscle and the film to do well...

furthermore, if aamir is increasing curiosity isnt tht even more proof tht hes a bigger box office draw??? whtever way hes doing it, hes attracting an audience..now tht may also be because hes more underexposed...but who cares...hes generating hype...and after release, his films generally sustain that hype...isnt tht enough proof?

when Hrithik do many movies, what happened? 2000-2002 ...he got flops, on and on!!!

then he took a break and made a come back in 2003 with koi mil gaya, he got a BB.

then lakshaya in next year was a failure in BO.

took a break and came after 2 years... dhoom 2, krish.. 2 biggest blockbusters.

took a break 2008 - jodha akbar... super hit

took a foolish break and came up with a turkey kites 2010- IT GOT  100%  OPENING everywhere, second huge weekend everywhere, got crashed because a bad movie.

curiosity results a better opening, but then run depend on movie it self.

what would you think about my logic and Hrithik nowπŸ˜‰

Edited by Salma2 - 13 years ago

I completely respect, thats your opinion.

you quote me and mentioned  wrong facts over blockbuster status, thats why I replied.

Otherwise people are entitled to their opinions and I never bother nor mad to go after them because my opinions are different haha..

and ok, but my logic is, when you spend lot of time and do movies, failure rate is less. If I say 2000-2010 KAJOL RULES, just because she did 4 films and wll were hits and she is having 100% success ratio, it doesnt make sense to me. anyways, its ur opinion and I dont have a problem nor I argue , do i?😳

and 

i understand ur point...but think abt it...ppl dunt throng to the cinemas thinking "oh its a kajol film"...but they do throng the halls thinking "ooh its an aamir khan film"....

he does less films, but holds pretty much the same or more power/interest/hype than a salman or an srk...dosent tht speak more of his starpower? the fact that he dosent need to stay in constant public eye and expose himself, to generate buzz, hype and record openings?

Salma I cant undestand your point.
Salma2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gobsmacked

Salma I cant undestand your point.

ok, thats for otherone. lets see whether she understand or not.

she talked about hrithik doing less movies and still getting flops. this is my answer for her to show doing less movies with taking years of gaps did wonders to him rather than doing movies one after another like during 2000-2002.

Edited by Salma2 - 13 years ago