Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Soapoperasrfun

Guys, I don't know if both my posts indicate Geet bashing. I certainly don;t intend that and am only worried about how the CV's are destroying it and nothing against Geet itself. I will edit my posts if they seem out of context. Just let me know 😃

exactly....i love geet but what i am seein is that i don't find her to be that geet anymore....
but like my pretty said...i to will edit my post if there was any bashing.
49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
A show just can't run on two leads, they need filler artists and parallel tracks to accommodate artists rest and such. 

At times viewers get very demanding, but do we know how hard these guys work to put on a 20 min  episode!  One 2 minute scene can take up to 3 -5 hours!  It's really not that easy!  These guys slog for days and hours!  Let's just appreciate the work! One thing I must say is that us viewers really get our blood pressure boiling on these shows! 

Do we ever sit and think why they doing this track, is it to accommodate artist time offs or illness! 

Crappy story and dragging and what not is part of a daily serial!  We must take that into consideration.  Why do we need to tell them how do their jobs, yes we are the viewers, but will they listen to us, have they??????????  I don't think so!

I started watching this show for its social message, for a woman who was wronged for money and was about to be murdered by her own brother.  A woman who struggled and faught for her baby!  She came to a different city wanting to become independent and fell in love with the man who saved her and baby's life.  Unfortunately the man happened to be brother of the man that wronged her.  Now this same man is living with them under the same roof!  Is that possible in real life, oh hell no!  Speaking for my self as a woman, if I was in this situation I would never allow that man near where I live.  Creatives should have made Geet strong here and she should have not allowed this to happen.  I don't care how much family wants to help, but as a woman she should not have to be in this situation.

Ok so where is her struggle now, they killed what Geet faught for, her baby, so here we are thinking they will listen to us! Trust me they won't and they will do what they feel.  I have zero hopes from any creatives! 

Dev turning into a saint, perhaps he repents as to what he's done.  When a person is wronged and if they forgive the sinner here, who are we to judge.  It's part of life at times many forgive, but they don't forget!  Its reality and happens in real life! To forgive someone makes u the bigger person!  Im not  defending Dev here, but Im just saying everyone in life makes mistakes right, no one is a saint!!!

My problem with creatives is that they made Geet very weak, she is not the same Geet that faught for her rights!

Sorry just my POV

@Shivani, lovely reply dear! 

@ Pixie - Thanks much for bringing this to my attention. 

To start off with, I'm not a regular viewer of Geet anymore. Many times I make do with just reading the updates in the forum.

My interests stopped right after the AA track was introduced. But after their screen time increased, I felt there might be something to it and only wondered what I was missing, that the CV's felt they deserved a separate track.
Truth me told, the length of AA track is directly proportional to event of either GC or DD going for a vacation. It gets lengthier if we find one of the leads missing and that's all there is to it.

There are so many dialogues/facts in Maneet's life that have not been followed upon by the CV's. I have almost concluded that Forum FF writers are giving better closures to issues between Maneet than the CV's themselves.
Is this a result of the new team not being able to follow through the ideas of older creatives team who came about the inception?
Nowadays, the CV's have rote memorized the tag line "Hui sabse parayi" and have been applying it to every character in the soap.
  • Annie gets parayi because of Arjun's so-called revenge game - for which the woman doesn't scorn.
  • Maan is parayi because of Dev-Geet's budding relationship.
  • Geet's anger on Dev has become Parayi...We are in the days rage flies all over the room when one women steals another women's lipstick and we are talking about humiliation, abandonment, fraud, forgery, and first rated cheating...but she turns out to be Mahatma's granddaughter and wants to show her other cheek too...well done. The entire characterization is lost right there.
  • Daadima shows up in scenes when the parayi's come together.
  • Manisha and Romeo have always been Parayi. Perhaps, the roll of a dice is what decides whether they will have a dialogue on a given day or not.
  • Adhi..Pinky and many more have been Parayi in the office.
  • The curious case of Shasha and Meera (Two characters who brought about the reunion of Maneet directly and indirectly) have not been solved yet.
  • The vengence of Arjun on Maan has also become Parayi on that counts. 
When we are talking about a multi million dollar industry and national prime time slot we do expect 
  • better project management, 
  • version control of scripts, 
  • team communication, 
  • excellent editing, 
  • thorough Knowledge transfer.

You slip on any one of them, you are costing your TRP's...at least lose the sensible part of your audience. If Geet got all the attention in the beginning and if the same attention is dwindling given other new shows, then at least sell out the rights to companies who are passionate about movie/soap making and not just obsess over TRP's and politics.
Set that aside and think of all the talent who are willing to do things for the love of it, than for the money...they can make so many wrong's right as for Geet goes.

The scope for improvement is in all areas of Geet...right from scripts to technical details. The concept is still intact, somewhere...but it needs talent to bring out the same. If they could make something out  of where Geet stands today...we will have a great soap that would stand the tests of time. 
God knows...they could even make something out the AA track I say...
Oh! Finally to answer your question...I doubt the audience's opinion matters, but we will always try..won't we?
That's all Folks...from my end

Edited by 6thElement - 13 years ago
mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
@geets-thanks, urs too was....i was just scared that i hope i didn't offend u in any way.......as i didn't want a good friend like u in any way 🤗😃
Echoesofpassion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome post
But i doubt if they will listen to us..
They have turned deaf towards us n are hell bent on ruining the show
The current track is GROSS as HELL🤢
49erFan thumbnail
@Shivani thanks dear! 

BTW, Im in love with the way Samir dresses, wow  he is my million dollar man!  One thing creatives done good so far!  A big plus for me! 🤣
Edited by 49erFan - 13 years ago
49erFan thumbnail
One more question for everyone, how do we know which way the track is heading???? Did someone leak it from PH!  We read articles and see pictures and speculate na!  Just chill people! 
serialwatcher16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Shradha, 

I loved your topic  and your passion and it caught my attention so much that i decided to write at 11.45 at night. I am a bigger pendulum than daadi i guess. one day i am so passionate about the serial and get upset and on another day i get dejected and accept that it is not my story and i accept what trash they dish out to me. Anyway some jottings of mine i have posted.  

Just saw your post and thought to post some feelings -

Let me emphasise here that the reasons I started watching geet was the advertisements of Geet and I gave up a serial I had religiously followed without missing an episode just like that for Geet and have followed it till date for two reasons. This is only my POV

1.     It was about a girl who wanted to be empowered and about a guy wanted to empower her.

2.     They (the CV's) stole my heart when she fell in love with a guy (Maan) other than the guy who had cheated her and she was not forced by so-called SOCIETAL obligations to accept the guy who had cheated her.

3.     In her heart and mind she wanted her revenge on Dev. (Which I have now modified to will not forget what Dev did to her and will ignore him by not giving him any importance in her life)

But I just cannot accept Dev and Geet near each other and so please kill that thought from wherever it started. 

I wanted a slap for Dev which i did not get.

I wanted a slap for arjun which i did not get.

But I live in hope. 

4.     I could not relate to her keeping the baby, was against it and then started to love the baby and the CV's really made me angry by making me fall in love with the baby by saving it again and again and making it superbaby and then pulling the rug from under my feet with the final axe, the song from tere mere sapne, jeevan ki bagiya when I finally realized my superbaby is going to be no more. I mourned by not seeing the MC episode. Anyway that is another story.

5.     Everytime I felt bad about how they portrayed geet , I was told it is necessary for a serial and this is necessary for drama and that it is not my story and there is only so much that I can say. So I kept quiet.

6.     But as long as the first three are maintained, I will have no problem following the serial.

7.     Their story changes with every leave of a character and so if Maan is not available, then Maan and geet have to fight or more and more of MM,CC, PP (NASA) ; if Geet is not available, then Maan and Geet will fight etc''so where is the consistency in any case. But it is a drama you see.

Anyway from what I have understood by seeing the episodes of geet is this '

Everybody is treating dev like long lost brother, and he moves here and there without question.

Geet is in her own world.

She is suffering from post MC depression which is actually dangerous. Physically she might be okay but nobody asks her what she wants for herself, life. 

Love is fine, that she loves maan but is love everything. Can't she have her own opinion too.

She must be feeling so drained. 

She comes from the most backward family where first daarji, then father, then brother, then running to save her baby and now the reason for living, her baby is not there. And the reason for living she has to find herself. Till then she will be like this bhatakti aatma.

She has had an MC two days back. People take months to get out of depression. 

She doesn't have any family of her own. She left that behind in HP.

She came only with a baby which was hers.

Now she has lost that.

She is trying to get her bearings. 

She wants to go to the orphanage. 

She left Dev the father of her baby long behind when she said abse yeh dev ji nahin, sirf dev hai. 

At present she is not thinking of anybody, other than her loss.

In this state of mind, i have even known a lady trying to commit suicide. don't they deserve our empathy.

Till a few days ago I could not even accept that she could forgive Dev but then I read something which made me change my mind and I repeat, all credits to Opti's post

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget." - Thomas S. Szasz, a Hungarian psychiatrist.

Maybe Geet is naive but I am not. So I was ready to go the forgiveness but not forgetting route just so Geet heals herself and only for her own sake. After all she is a human being and as the sister in sound of music once famously sang ' She is a girl'. isn't she?

But I really don't know what is coming in the next episode.  

And I really really hope that my basic three points are not meddled with, I live in hope despite all the twists and turns that they have charted out.

Edit

So there are some pictures which everybody is talking about of Dev holding Geet's hand. I am a total cube on this since i don't go to FB or anywhere.

Thanks CV's, that is all we wanted. Are there any more nails that you want to hammer into the coffin.

Here we are going on saying Maan and Geet are husband and wife and let them get angry with each other like normal husband and wife and sort out their problems and you have started your geometrical progressions. 🤢 

Edited by serialwatcher16 - 13 years ago
-sann- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Great post & replies👏

I dont see the same serial I watched now. Geet is not geet, GHSP is not the same. only one thing tht hasnt changed is Maan (hopefully PH & cv's wont make this drastic mistake)

forgiving the sinner. RIGHT. It was supposed give us a social message. this is the message we got. FORGIVE ur reprobate. maaf kar. mujhe nehi sikhna...by god

I always knew adi has more brain thn Geet... He understands maan more thn geet..(okie...I dont mean Maan-adi tht type of relationship😛😆)
even Adi is sensible enough & still not forgiving Dev..who is Adi in this?..still he feels so when Dev called to inform about Geet's fall..Adi was not contented while giving the phone to Maan so he asked dev.."aap mujhe bataiye"...AND Geet, love of his life, life-partner does not understand it.

yet she understands dev. only dev can make her happy. WOW. actually she's right. its dev who gave her the child & fled away. When maan tried to ease her pain, its all maan's fault coz he wanted geet to be happy again. & bull's eye, dev's back to the rescue. 🤢 Now what? repeating the same things again & again?

Sorry if I offended anyone. But I meant what I said & I said what I meant.
49erFan thumbnail
@Usha & Opti, I love the quote!

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget." - Thomas S. Szasz, a Hungarian psychiatrist.

USP of this show is Maaneet, channel knows it, PH knows it, infact from what I just heard this is the show that's feeding Star One at the moment!   If they wise they will not break them apart, no way will they do this!  I have faith in them! 

If they bring Geet and Dev back, what kind of social message will they be giving to the viewer, go back and live life with the man  that wronged you, not the man who accepted you the way u are and has given u a new meaning to life!

Edited by 49erFan - 13 years ago