Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

GHSP- Does the audience's opinion matter?

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

I am not one given to posting too much either on FB or IF but I am seriously wondering where the show is headed currently.

First of all the Arjun, Annie, Sangram, Nitya, Romeo etc etc pentagon is getting way too much screen time without any visible movement or progress in the underlying plot- i.e. Arjun's revenge against the Khuranas. Sexual exploitation of a young woman is a grievous offence and the frivolous way in which the writers have treated this theme time and again in the show- is extremely disturbing.

Secondly, I do not understand this romantic angle between Dev and Geet that is being built. Where are the CVs really going with this track? Can a woman who was sexually violated by a man, who was publicly betrayed and humiliated due to him, almost lost her life- can she really ever even imagine having cordial relations with her tormentor? She may have moved on from her past due to the support and love she got from Maan but showing her as welcoming towards Dev's overtures just makes her character look weak and totally not in keeping with her character that has painstakingly been sketched over the last 1 year. She has always been a strong woman- every time when faced with adversity she has come out fighting- please don't turn her into a hormonal, always weeping and screeching caricature of a woman- that is just not the Geet that we all fell in love with! What message are the creatives trying to send that it is alright for a victim to get back together with her abuser because he has apparently had a change of heart?

If you are also appalled by the way this story is progressing- let's all get together and express our displeasure and disappointment with these clichd tracks. Please call/email the production house and the channel to let them know that they are doing a great disservice to millions of women out there who are dealing with abuse on a daily basis.

From this post

Star One's numbers: +91 2226304811 +91 02226812000 and the contact number for Star Network is: +912267227777

Some necessary email addresses are: 

[email protected]

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

(Optimum time to send emails is first thing in the morning, so that yours is the first email ppl see. Here everyone is going to be emailing and all of you should email everyday bcoz volume is more important than quality in this instance).

Index

Jhan's suggestions: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1641654&PID=40480016&#40480016

Jyo's suggestions: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1641654&PID=40480297&#40480297

Sia's suggestions: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1641654&PID=40479383&#40479383

Sigma's suggestions: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1641654&PID=40480233&#40480233

fats30's suggestions: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1641654&PID=40480339&#40480339

Shivani's suggestions: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1641654&PID=40480776&#40480776

Priti's suggestions: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1641654&PID=40480776&#40480776

Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I agree....but if i say anything, i will be bashed as a geet hater....or bashed in sense that i have never understood the character of maaneet.....

better that i do not say anything.....cause i think we all have said enough! No one wants to listen, these are not the same team members that cared what the audience had opinionated.....this team can give a damn about what we want.

That precap was disgusting, and the new pics where they show Dev holding her hand was even more ugly.

But wat do i know? I do not have a PH.D on the character of geet like others do.....so it is better to keep quiet.

Good post though, i doubt anyone will hear us.
Edited by mysterygurl1427 - 13 years ago
-pixie- thumbnail
Shivani- i dont think we should give up that easily. I have understood Geet's character but not the writer's intentions. I think its better we spoke up than becoming silent spectators to this affront to womanhood.
Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Thank u for the post.... I agree with each and every point said....

Arjun-Annie story doesnt look like its a part of GHSP... it looks like some parallel serial going on.. And their story doesnt make sense at all... thy are a pain to watch.. What crap are thy showing?
romeo, adi, manisha, pinky... why cant we hav a parallel track of these, thy are a treat to watch..!

Coming to dev... he might have changed.. but whatevr he's the guy who destroyed geet's life.. and why are the CV's showing him as a saint?? And plz dont spoil geet's character... she forgiving dev would be disgusting.... MSK is against dev cuz of geeet.. cuz dev destroyed geet's life...so how can geet forgive  him? I know not been shown yet, so she softening towards him also is disgusting...

mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: -pixie-

Shivani- i dont think we should give up that easily. I have understood Geet's character but not the writer's intentions. I think its better we spoke up than becoming silent spectators to this affront to womanhood.

enough said yaar....bohot bola......but when you are told that you do not understand the characters at all and are given a lecture favoring why geet is doin this......it just makes me disgusted.

I give up. I said enough already, but I guess i was just stupid to say anthing. Like i said i do not have a PH.D on geet na.....so i can "never" understand her.

Goodluck.
-pixie- thumbnail
@Sia: lets get our voices heard...I have put up some contact details- Lets reach out and get ourselves heard.
Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^^ I will .. Thank you for the numbers.. 😊
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@ Shivani

You can either give up quietly or give up after a fight. Please do not give up. Please let us try and get this show back on track.

@ GHSP makers

Once upon a time there was this show called GHSP that we knew was so beautiful 😍 - it has a wonderful mix of comedy, emotions, drama and all other forms of entertainment (like dance .....Kurbaan Hua anyone 😉). We had a lead couple who gave a new definition to the word passion 😍. There were negative characters in the show but there was a thread of positivity that was underlying the show. We loved to watch the show because it was a feel good show with a correct blend of all the elements and plenty of comedy. We could not wait until the next day to see what happened. We were passionate about the show and would protest vehemently if something did not go the way we wanted it. 😃 Somewhere along the line that was lost 😭. The show that started so well started going downhill.

I would like to remind the makers that we watched for Maaneet 😍 and their fights and their love scenes and their nok jhoks 😍. They set the screen afire 😍.Those were the good days. Now-a-days we have to be satisfied with pheeka scenes. The definition of a love scene is Maaneet discussing about the baby or stupid fights for no reason at all. REALLY 😕 😕 😕 🤣 🤣 . The CVs wanted to delay Maaneet CON but they did not seem to understand that a couple can spend quality time together without getting intimate. They can kiss and hug and stuff. Plus they would show Maan and Geet desperate for each other in Delhi and then show them being normal on their honeymoon. Nothing made any sense and GHSP audience had gotten used to a show that was logical and found this hard to digest.

The worst blow was the introduction of Anwesha out of the blue. They brought an actress who cannot act and rammed her down her throats. Then Arjun became a rapist and Annie still loves him after he told her why he did what he did and has tried to push her away. Everytime these people come on the screen people switch channels. YOu should have given them the boot. Instead you chose to introduce Nitya and Sangram to add to the problem. Let me see how I can explain this 🤔......The boat is already rocking and unstable, adding new people can cause it to overturn and everyone will drown.🤣 🤣  NO ONE WHO CARES ABOUT THE FUTURE OF GHSP GIVES A FIG ABOUT ARJUN AND ANNIE 😛. All they want is for all four of them to disappear to Pluto and never to return. (considering Pluto is not even a planer anymore 🤣 🤣....think their names are NASA - Nitya-Arjun-Sangram-Annie)

Next what on earth is this track of Geet smiling around Dev? 😕 😕 😕. I think this is because you do not have a woman among you. Do you even understand what he did to her? Do you even understand the depth of her despair and now she is willing to forgive him? 😡 You are insulting women who have been abused everywhere by even contemplating this track. It is an insult to woman kind. Do not think of going down that road. 😡

Maan should help Geet recover from the trauma not Dev. 😡 😡 😡
What he did to Geet is unforgivable. You started off on a good note - a girl's fight for justice and you are going to end your series with her smiling at her rapist and maybe even walking off to the sunset with him 😕 😕.

FINALLY REMEMBER THIS MAANEET GAVE YOU THE HIGHEST TRPs.
SO KEEP THEM TOGETHER DO NOT BREAK THEM UP
GEET SHOULD NOT FORGIVE DEV OR BE ATTRACTED TO HIM 🤢🤢 🤢
THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR FANS TO QUIT AND YOUR SERIES TO WRAP UP.

Finally get your act together please. There is this air of negativity and tension pervading the show that makes it impossible to watch the show unless you stop caring for it. If you stop caring for it, you might as well stop watching it. Is that what you want your fans to do? Think about it.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE FEEL GOOD SHOW WE KNEW - YOU WILL GET YOUR TRPs.

Thanks
Jhan

Edited by liv2laugh - 13 years ago
spshastr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 OK ALL lets not bash Geet lets tell star one and the PH.. Lets email or call.. THats what will help not this bashing geet on the IF
Sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
SV couldn't agree more about NASA track, last couple of episodes there has been too much of them showed and it has brought down my enjoyment of the episode. Annie doesn't seem to care about how badly and poorly treated she has been by Arjun, I'm not actually sure if being with Sangram is worse than being with Arjun.

There is no way any kinda of romantic track can be shown between Dev and Geet, that would make a mockery of the show and what we have seen so far - Geet went to all these lengths and made all these sacrifices for her baby and to get justice for what Dev did to her. So how could she ever even talk with him let alone consider him in a romantic light is beyond me. Romance between Dev and Geet would be final nail in the coffin in the show. Geet could never forget what he did to her the same way the fans of the show can either. Dev. It can never be shown that Geet has any interest or friendship with Dev. I know she has a big heart but no one can be that big hearted that they forgive Dev and everything he did, just because he said sorry. Somethings are unforgivable and never change esp since Dev knew exactly what he was doing in HP. It wasn't NT who slept with Geet, that will always be Dev so he is the real villian in the story.

I've already emailed them all with my thoughts