Will Bharti's friendship w/ Sudha be changed... - Page 2

Poll Question :

... by the revealation that Sudha now adores Murli?

Poll Choice
Yep, it's naturally likely to happen
Nope, instead Bharti will encourage Sudha & Murli to get clo
Dunno/Can't say
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
i completely agree with u fuzzyface! murli was wrong in the first place for actually marrying bharti and then treating her like some kind of dirt. I think after a week or so of their marriage, he had already made up his mind of ending the relationship without thinking abt her once. For him what only mattered was that veena getting married but since that didn't happen, he threw her out of his life.

I don't see why he needs so much of proof to believe Bharti but he was willing to believe all the crap by Prakash at face value. Prakash isn't his wife, Bharti was.  Are you telling me, you will be asking for substantial proof from your husband, wife, mother, father, sisters because you think they are out to get you and  in this case ruin your sister's life??? Do you think your own family member wld find such joy in ruining another subling's life for heck of it??? Being family is all abt trust and I find it appaling that people don't trust their own family or use their god given brains to put two and two together! 😳 Murli's famlily and Veena were so excited abt the prospect of marriage like Prakash was something sent from the heaven's above that they didn't want to risk anything. For the love of god. *rolling eyes*
There is saying my nanima used to say  that you have to go to four different villages to find out about a guy before getting your daughter married, which Murli's family failed to do.

As for her revelation, I suppose it was over the top.

"i dnt think there is any need to give bharli a second chance to reconcile coz the very reason for their divorce is murli not comfortable of bharti's short height ..unless bharti grows taller murli would never accept her wholeheartedly"----- This is exactly the point of the show, dwarfism is metaphor used to show how people should be able to look beyond what is physical and see the person for what they are worth inside really. If like you said Murli isn't comfortable with Bharti who is flawed in his eyes, then he is blind like most of us.

As for Bharti asking like you said wanting to marry a normal guy , I think is justified coz she sees herself as flawed, so it wld make sense she wants something better.  Forget Bharti is a dwarf, there are so many ppl in this world, who marry for money, and name because they think it is best for them to move up from where they are.  We always want someone better than us to compliment us, it's simple logic.

I cld go on but I guess we'll just agree to disagree.😊
[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by fuzzyface

As for Bharti asking like you said wanting to marry a normal guy , I think is justified coz she sees herself as flawed, so it wld make sense she wants something better.  Forget Bharti is a dwarf, there are so many ppl in this world, who marry for money, and name because they think it is best for them to move up from where they are.  We always want someone better than us to compliment us, it's simple logic.

{Comment deleted!!!}

If the USP of the show is to focus attention on the way people who are different are treated - be it b'cos of their height, or appearance, or whatever, it would have made sense had they showed Bharti & Amit being discriminated against in public - say @ employment, or social/public events (like the scooter incident).  Would have been perfectly in order.

But marriage?  Every guy and girl has a right to marry someone s/he is comfortable w/, no matter what the criteria.  At the start of the serial, they showed the obnoxious groom that Rupesh was grovelling in front of b4 he introduced Bharti.  Granted, the behavior of 'Sita' - the obnoxious bhabi - was uncalled for, but I don't hold it against the grooms for saying no.  Yeah, they could have been a lot more civil about it, but lets face it, Rupesh wasn't exactly Mr Manners the way he went about it.

Maybe, somewhere, there was a normal height guy who could/would have accepted Bharti - their job was to find him.  But instead, they were just subjecting different guys thru guilt trips if they didn't want to marry someone so short.  Murli too had the right to say no.  I do fault him for saying yes, and I don't give him a pass for Veena's marriage.  But all that said, now that they've recognized their mistake at least here, I'm all for them moving on.  Yeah, Murli can apologize to Bharti for not believing her about Prakash (and I'd like him to publicly kick Gau out of the house when he does that), but beyond that, I don't want the 2 of them ending up together.  Just separate on good terms, maybe agree to remain just friends while moving on - maybe Murli w/ Sudha & Bharti w/ Amit.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
Edited

Bharti should concentrate on revealing Prakash's truth and Vrish like you said it is quite convenient that  Amit support her without any catch.

As far as Rupesh is concerned, he shld learn a lesson too because he was part of the root of the problem.

Edited by fuzzyface - 13 years ago
well guyz....
now comes the point TRUST. murli didn't believe bharti. this is the not the point. bharti should have first discussed it with murli rather than making it public. this was a mistake done by bharti & talking about why the family trusted prakash over bharti is the fact that prakash didn't come to see veena all by himself. he was brought over there. who brought him? of course mridang. who is mridang? - the elder son of the Lal family. 
who is prakash? - mridang's friend, they both were working at the same place. so how would the family think that mridang would do something wrong to veena. of course the Lal family trusted prakash but it meant that the Lal family were actually trusting their son mridang over their DIL bharti. the lal family didn't do any kind of investigation regarding prakash bcoz mridang had referred prakash as a suitable var for veena. so maybe the Lal family thought that prakash is a good guy & that's why was suggested by mridang.

now after mridang showed his true colors, the Lal family will not trust him anymore. but at that point of time, they definitely trusted him. so is the lal family suffering bcoz they trusted their son?

& talking about trusting one's father, bro, sis, wife, mother...well this is something that is seriously confusing in the TV serial world. whom to trust over whom is the question? for example, what happened when datta of Laagi tujhse lagan trusted his sister over his wife, he trusted his sister over his wife & the irony is that his sister kala was a vamp & his wife nakusha was good. another example of Jyoti, sushma trusted her husband brij over her sister jyoti & the irony is brij was evil & her sister was good.... in KMH, arjun poonj had trusted his father over arohi so & the irony is his father was actually playing games & arohi was the good girl... so we can't blame murli here. he's not only the only victim who's trusted the bad over good. we can find thousands of examples.

so whom to trust, we know it coz we're watching the serial so we know who's the villain who's the good guy but those who are playing the characters? they're not watching the serial. murli wasn't watching when mridala were plotting against the family by using prakash, so how he'll know who is speaking the truth.
Edited by vik rocks - 13 years ago
fuzzyface

Didn't mean to offend you - I apologize if you read it that way.  It's just that I thought I read a double standard, and chose to address it that way.

I agree w/ Vik above - the Lals weren't totally off base to trust Prakash.  In fact, I find it somewhat curious that Amit chooses to trust Bharti over Prakash, when Bharti is nobody of Amit's but a colleague, while Prakash was his friend for a while.

Once Bharti is vindicated, the best thing the Lals could do for her is kick Mridala out of the house, and if possible, offer to return it to her.
i want to add something here... what's BAVD about? it's about a girl who faces many obstacles in life bcoz of her short height. obviously the gist of the story is that people who lack height are also human beings just like us. they are not to be treated like aliens or abnormal people they are normal people. it's just the height but in that case every people differ in their height, some are tall, some are short, some are average. so what's the definition of a normal height then? is it 3 feet or 3.5 or 4 or 4.5 or 5, 5.1 or 5.2 or 5.5 or 5.8 or 6 or 6.2 or 6.4??? the thing is there's no specific definition of what a normal height should be? then why is there discrimination regarding height? this is what the story of BAVD is about - that those who have short height are normal people & should be viewed in that way. so in this case bharti is like any normal girl & has rights to dream of a normal guy & if we say this then the same theory applies to amit as well. amit too is a normal guy just like murli. so the conclusion is that there's no problem for bharti choosing amit coz amit isn't abnormal is he???
fair enough that the lal's trusted mridang but I fail to understand why. As parents, they ought to know how thier son is like. Haven't there yet realised the bitterness mridang has for murli and for them. Mridang has hit murli and dhumroo so many times before, not only that but he even sold the house and after that revelation, he cursed his mother. Why are the lal's always acting dumb, by now there should have realised that mridala are the problem makers, they dislike the entire family and for money they can go to any extent. After the family found out that mridala had sold the house, couldn't they guess that there is surely something wrong with them and if their own son is a creep, then prakash is his friend, who can also be similar in nature. The fact is that the lal's trusted mridala despite knowing that there aren't trustworthy.

Originally posted by vik rocks

well guyz....
now comes the point TRUST. murli didn't believe bharti. this is the not the point. bharti should have first discussed it with murli rather than making it public. this was a mistake done by bharti & talking about why the family trusted prakash over bharti is the fact that prakash didn't come to see veena all by himself. he was brought over there. who brought him? of course mridang. who is mridang? - the elder son of the Lal family. 
who is prakash? - mridang's friend, they both were working at the same place. so how would the family think that mridang would do something wrong to veena. of course the Lal family trusted prakash but it meant that the Lal family were actually trusting their son mridang over their DIL bharti. the lal family didn't do any kind of investigation regarding prakash bcoz mridang had referred prakash as a suitable var for veena. so maybe the Lal family thought that prakash is a good guy & that's why was suggested by mridang.

now after mridang showed his true colors, the Lal family will not trust him anymore. but at that point of time, they definitely trusted him. so is the lal family suffering bcoz they trusted their son?

& talking about trusting one's father, bro, sis, wife, mother...well this is something that is seriously confusing in the TV serial world. whom to trust over whom is the question? for example, what happened when datta of Laagi tujhse lagan trusted his sister over his wife, he trusted his sister over his wife & the irony is that his sister kala was a vamp & his wife nakusha was good. another example of Jyoti, sushma trusted her husband brij over her sister jyoti & the irony is brij was evil & her sister was good.... in KMH, arjun poonj had trusted his father over arohi so & the irony is his father was actually playing games & arohi was the good girl... so we can't blame murli here. he's not only the only victim who's trusted the bad over good. we can find thousands of examples.

so whom to trust, we know it coz we're watching the serial so we know who's the villain who's the good guy but those who are playing the characters? they're not watching the serial. murli wasn't watching when mridala were plotting against the family by using prakash, so how he'll know who is speaking the truth.
wow vrish !!!!!!!!!!!! i was waiting for u to comment on this ☺️.... what i thought u have written it nicely 😍 .....so i'll not jump into this now and add fuel to the fire lol πŸ˜†

& vik what a superb explanation on trusting relations πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Edited by --jas-- - 13 years ago
Originally posted by --jas--

wow vrish !!!!!!!!!!!! i was waiting for u to comment on this ☺️.... what i thought u have written it nicely 😍 .....so i'll not jump into this now and add fuel to the fire lol πŸ˜†

& vik what a superb explanation on trusting relations πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

so let this blind guy murli be with sudha πŸ˜† .... someother guy with good vision will be there for bharti 🀣

Edited
Have a nice day.😊
Edited by fuzzyface - 13 years ago
deleted
Edited by --jas-- - 13 years ago