Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Awesome ... as usual Shelly, my dear !  ๐Ÿค—

I hadn't realised how much I missed your writings !

Waiting eagerly for the next part ..... 

You Ahem is wayyyyy better than the CVs' Ahem ...

And the serial continues to revolve around Urmi-Raashi's kalakaari ! Hate them !
simran15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Khaki....Thanks for the OS........aw8ing for the next update.
madhu_sridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovtv

How did she remain a child who tried to eat snow to the woman who didn't let anyone find out that Kinjal had run away on her wedding day?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i dunno if  ahem in the show can think this much....but i really loved this line....the way he considers his wife 2 be a child and at the same time a woman....such a wide range of emotions from ahem...
great piece of writing shelly khaki๐Ÿ˜Š...waiting eagerly 4 the next parts...
HansaN thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
thanks waiting for more.
MeetPremeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
loved it dear
plz continue soon
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for your kind words!  I have a Holi event for which I have to leave soon.  But I have lazed around in bed all morning to complete part 2.  I hope you enjoy. 

Shelly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 2

As Aham walked up to greet Rahul everyone in the bar turned to watch them, especially the women.  Rahul was a strikingly good looking man, he was tall, dark and handsome where Aham was tall, fair and handsome.  Rahul pulled Aham into a bear hug and the two boys laughed at the pleasure of seeing each other again.

Aham grinning ear to ear slapped Rahul on the back and said, "man, how long has it been?"

Rahul's smile was just as wide at the pleasure of seeing this friend, "Far too long!  Far too long!"

The boys walked back to Aham's table and started chatting and catching up.  As Aham got carried away in the excitement of seeing his friend, for the moment he forgot about Gopi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Ahamji left this morning Gopi got dressed, performed a mini puja for her Kanaji and stood for what seemed like hours looking out the picturesque window staring at the panoramic view of the snow covered mountains of the Rigi, lake Lucerne and the river Reuss.   When the maid came to clean the room, she decided to go out to look around as she was sure Ahamji was going to be busy with work all day and she didn't want to miss a moment of this.  The hotel was right next to Lake Lucerne and the cold air hit her like a ton of bricks but she didn't allow that to deter her as this was something that Gopi had never seen in her life and knew that she never will again.  She took a deep breath of cold air and stood there a moment to take it all in. 

She was ecstatic at this opportunity, at being in this beautiful city with Ahamji.  Well, he was somewhere in the city but ...you get the idea.  As Gopi walked out she could see a very old bridge (chapel bridge) she decided to start her exploration there .  She took note of all the landmarks so that she would remember her way back.   She knew she was with Ahamji on borrowed time and as soon as Naani left he would want her to leave as well.  She had been through that heartbreak already and knew she will experience it again soon but this time she will enjoy all the moments with Ahamji and save all the memories in a special place in her heart like Naani saved her momentums in her sundook. And like Naani, she will take out her memories later when she was alone and sad and enjoy them fondly.   But for today she would pretend that Ahamji brought her to this paradise because he wanted to not because he was forced to.  During this trip she would make sure that nothing went wrong to ruin anything for him. Today she would  live that movie that Rashiben and her friends had watched for her birthday party years ago.  Where SRK takes Rani M to Switzerland after they get married.  Gopi was supposed to stay in the kitchen during the party and cook but she had watched from the window. 

About mid morning Gopi walked beside a bakery and followed the heavenly smells coming out of the shop.  Somehow she was able to ask the French speaking owner for chai and a chocolate eclair.  After that she lost track of time as she tried to see and experience it all. 
Gopi had a wonderful day of exploring Lucerne on her own, she walked through the narrow lanes of the city in wonderment and awe. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile at the hotel bar Aham and Rahul were laughing as they reminisced about the good old days.   They both paused as the waiter set down fresh drinks.  Rahul took a big gulp of his before saying, "Aham, I need to tell you something."

Aham laughes, "This sounds serious."

Rahul, "It is.  I have been meaning to talk to you about this for a long time but didn't know how."

Aham frowns, "Man, you're worrying me.  What is it?"

Rahul, "In university, you and I were already friends and roommates before I introduced you to Anita, my childhood friend.  Then the three of us were like the 3 musketeers.  We did everything together."

Aham, "yes.  When I first met her I thought you were in love with her.  But then you didn't say or do anything."

Rahul, "I was.  But she loved you."

Aham, "What?  You never said anything.  I would never have gone out with her if I had known.  What does this have to do with your serious conversation?"

Rahul, "I know you wouldn't have but what was the point she fell for you at first sight and I didn't want to interfere.  Then she was completely crushed after you got married. "

Aham sad, "Rahul, you know I loved her and wanted to marry her but my mom had already arranged my marriage and I couldn't say no to her."

Rahul, "I am not trying to blame you but telling you about what happened when she came back to London. "

Aham nodded.  Rahul continued, "I tried to put her back together and we spent a lot of time together.  I had never stopped loving her and I don't know when she started to return my feelings but she did."

Aham was kind of expecting this when Rahul brought up Anita's name.  He waited for the pain and devastation to overcome him.  But all he felt was deep sadness at the loss of his first love. 

Rahul, "I know.  You're probably furious at me but I wanted to tell you this in person.  Anita wanted to come but it had to come from me.  I don't know how it happened but I love her and now I know she loves me too.  Whatever she felt for you is now in the past."

Aham almost to himself, "I am not  furious."

Rahul continued as if he hadn't hear Aham, "I love her and am going to marry her.  I want to spend the rest of my life trying to make her happy."

Aham wasn't sure what was going on as he heard Rahul gush about his relationship with Anita, he didn't feel anything personal.   As Rahul continued on Aham started to come to the strange realization that perhaps what he had felt for Anita was the passion of first love that would have eventually burned out but his marriage had ended it prematurely.  From what Rahul was saying Anita had felt the same way.  If that was not the case she wouldn't have fallen in love with Rahul or maybe she always had feelings for Rahul?  And he...what about himself?  What did he feel?   Was he happy for two of his best friends?  Yes that was it, he was pleasantly delighted with the knowledge that he was extremely happy for his friends, that they had found each other after everything.

Rahul had stopped talking and was waiting for Aham to say something.

Aham, "Rahul, I am very happy for you and Anita."

Rahul, "sach?"

Aham, "I wouldn't lie to you.  I am truly happy for you.  When are you getting married?"

Rahul, "very soon.  Anita is expecting."

Aham then realized how completely Anita loved Rahul and must have always loved him.  Aham left a acute sense of loneliness and loss for something he never had.   Will he ever have what Rahul and Anita had? 

Just then he saw the doorman open the lobby door and in walked Gopi, his wife.  He release a breath that he didn't even know he was holding and with it he expelled some of the anxiety he was feeling about her all day.  Then he noticed that she was dressed in a plain green sari, a light sweater and a shawl, and his anger was back.  Was this girl completely out of her mind?  It must be at least 5 degree below zero out there.  Then saw her her feet, she was wearing the Uggs (warm boots) he bought her last night at the airport.   He felt a little better.

Aham got up and said, "Rahul, I am extremely happy for you but I have to run.  We are here all week.  I will call you tomorrow." 

With that he dashed after Gopi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know we still don't have GoHam moment but I am building up to it.  I hope it is all worth the wait. 

Hope you enjoyed it.

Shelly
ShellJA thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jake-neil

I am a big fan of Shelly the JC.. Dont disappoint me..๐Ÿ˜‰ loved it.. Great start.. Btw Ahem drinks? Scotch on rocks? It mite burn inside if hez not a regular๐Ÿ˜†.. Please continue asap.. I had missd ur os

@BRAT - Aham looks like a scotch drinker to me.  I could have said chardonnay but that is me not him! 

I hope you were not offended by Aham drinking. 

Kids on the forum...drinking is never good.  But sometimes socially acceptable for people over the age of majority.  But only in moderation.
ShellJA thumbnail
Originally posted by: queenyuks

Oh this is very lovely

I LOVE the way you write. Absolutely adore it.

Im waiting for more

Yuks

Coming from you I will take it as a complement.   Thanks!
ShellJA thumbnail
Originally posted by: saomom

Yay!  I love your stories!!!!!!  I can't wait to see how they begin to bond...  Don't make me wait.๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you my friend!  Hope you're doing well.
ShellJA thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nafisa_blossoms

Hi Shelly, you caught on to our excitement about this honeymoon to Switzerland...your story was all about Aham's musings, which is great because we don't get to see any of this on the show, and it starts of with him feeling their differences and being unhappy but slowly coming out of that misery and into Gopi's world of childhood innocence, absolutely the right way to go. When you were about to go into caring Aham you stopped writing, so you know what i'm going to ask, when are you going to post the next part?

Thanks Nafisa, I think this OS is going to be more about Aham coming to the realization that he needs to move on and accept his feelings and the realities of his life.