Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: serialwatcher16

Opti

congrats for the new thread

thanks for the update, for geet's pregnancy, and for the promise of an update as well. Your FF makes me want to log on in the middle of the Holi confusion here.

Happy Holi

Thanks Usha. I thought I'll be seeing you only on Monday. Pleasant surprise.  Happy holi to you too.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: XXXYYYZZZ

Congrats for the new thread.....

Superb part... loved it

Thanks
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhanu_rekhag

congrats 4 new thread

its just awesome....... sooo lovely

Thanks bhanu.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: fizza25

nice updateeeee

Thanks fizza.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: monikaseth

Geet is pregnant...wowowowowo awesome .............Maan  daam angry buy this good news make him happy i hope now he listen geet carefully thank you dear for pm and this part ...

Yes, Geet is pregnant and Maan's anger and sadness vanished the minute he heard about it.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: skjgmd

wow loved it

thanks
angullgrl91 thumbnail
awww how wonderful!!! she's finally pregnant! great job!
oh and CONGRATSSSSS on the new thread! 
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: janvis70

So, Mauritius worked after all..lovely..congratulations to your Maan and Geet..this happiness will help them handle the music video issue with ease, I hope..looking forward 😊

Yes, Mauritius has worked for them. All that hard labour has to bear the necessary fruit.  Things will get sorted.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: SuJaTa790

great update.

thanks
Opti thumbnail

Part LXIX 

Just as they were finishing their lunch, Maan's cell rang. He checked the caller and seeing that it was Adi, he quickly answered the call, anxiety gripping his heart for he knew Pinky was expecting to deliver any time shortly.  Just as he expected Adi had called to inform him that his wife has gone into labour and he was taking her to the hospital.  Maan assured him that he will join him soon and turning around he passed on the news. Geet wanted to go along with Maan. Although Anwesha too wanted to join them, she was apprehensive that her presence at the hospital at a time like this would bring back painful memories of how she lost her own son.  Rano seemed to read her thoughts, for she volunteered to go with Anwesha to the chawl to take care of Pinky's father and Adi's mother and asked Maan and Geet to proceed to the hospital.  Maan nodded and the two of them left immediately.

Soon  Maan and Geet were at the hospital,  pacing restlessly outside the labour ward, praying that everything was well inside.  As the minutes ticked by, Geet got anxious. Seeing her tensed, Maan made her sit on the nearby bench and asked her to take it easy. He reminded her that Pinky had a relatively hassle free pregnancy and hence there was no reason why the delivery should not be smooth. He also pointed out that Adi was with her, which itself should be comforting for her. Geet folded her hands in prayer and closed her eyes. Maan kissed the top of his wife's head and marvelled at the immense love she has for everyone.  Soon the doctor came out of the labour ward. Maan rushed to her and asked her how was his sister. The doctor assured him she was fine and congratulated him on becoming an uncle to a beautiful baby girl. She also told him how lucky his sister was in having a loving and caring husband like Adi who helped her through her labour.

"Men like him are hard to come by," she smiled and hurried to attend her other calls.

Maan and Geet rushed in to see a picture perfect little family - Adi and Pinky were bent over their tiny bundle of joy lying in Pinky's arms. Adi and Pinky looked up at them and smiled in happiness. Sitting in front of Pinky, Geet asked her if she can hold the baby. Pinky smiled and handed over her daughter to her. Geet carefully held the baby in her arms and cooed to her. Maan slapped Adi on the back and congratulated him. Adi smiled bashfully.  Maan also thanked him for being there for his sister.

"I don't know what I did to deserve such a brother-in-law," he said emotionally, his eyes filling with tears.

"Hey, what did I do? I was merely taking care of my wife and helping in welcoming our daughter into this world. They are both my responsibility. By the way when are you going to return the favour and make me an uncle?"

Maan then proudly announced that he will soon have his wish fulfilled as Geet was in the family way. Pinky looked at Geet quizzically and she bent her head shyly.

"Congratulations!" Pinky and Adi exclaimed in unison. Just then the baby started wailing. The nurse who had come in said that she was hungry and needs to be fed. Geet handed the baby back to Pinky. As Pinky got ready to give her daughter her first feed, Maan and Geet wished them good bye and left them to their privacy.

The nurse showed Pinky how to feed her baby. Adi sat by his wife's side and watched her lovingly as she nourished his daughter.  

As they were returning home, Geet felt nauseous again and asked Maan to stop the car. Seeing her contorted face, he immediately stopped the car by the side of the road. Geet unbuckled her seat belt and rushed out to throw up again. Maan quickly reached her side and held her forehead as she puked. Once she was through, he took a bottle of water from the car and made her drink some water. He then helped her rinse her mouth and wiped her mouth with his handkerchief. He made her to sit back in the car. Sitting on his haunches on the road by her side, he took her hands in his and asked her if she was feeling alright. When she nodded her head, he returned to his seat. Buckling up, he was about to start the ignition when he felt her hand on his arm.  He looked up at her enquiringly and was alarmed to see tears in her eyes.

"Maan, I am sorry," she said.

"For what?" he asked puzzled.

"For not telling you about that video earlier.  Actually..."

Before she could complete the sentence, he put his finger on her lips and said shamefacedly, "Sweety, I should be the one to apologise to you for suspecting your love.  I got scared of losing you darling. Your indifference and sometimes rude behaviour of the past few weeks coupled with that stupid video led me to think that you did not love me anymore.  When you puked right after I kissed you, I thought that I disgusted you so much that you could not stand me any longer."  

Geet looked at him in surprise.  Although she was startled by his overtly possessive behaviour earlier that day she did not know that it was triggered by such doubts and apprehensions in him.

"Oh, my poor baby!" she exclaimed and holding his face she looked deeply into his eyes. "How can I stop loving you? How can you ever disgust me? I love everything about you darling. I'll never tire of you for I simply can't have enough of your love.  I think my appalling behaviour of the last few weeks was the combined result of hormonal changes brought on by the pregnancy and overwork. I pushed you away after your kiss and ran out because I did not want to vomit all over you."

He was unable to meet her gaze. Looking down he said in a small voice, "Yes, I understood it much later but I can only plead temporary insanity when I saw that idiot kiss you."

"What?" asked Geet shocked to learn that the video her husband watched had that shot in it. She was under the impression he was angry with her for wearing the short dress. No wonder the guy was so furious. "The director assured me that the shot had been removed from the video. Did you not see me slap Kunal after he kissed me?"

"You slapped him?" he asked amazed.

"What did you think? That I would let him get away after that shameful act? I gave him a tight slap after that and ran out of the place. I tried telling you everything last night but you slept right through it. In the morning, seeing your menacing look and your abhorrence of the guy I decided to hold my tongue since I feared you will bash him up and land up in jail. Please don't get violent with him. I want you around especially now that we are having the baby," she pleaded.

"Don't worry, I'll not do anything foolish to jeopardise my safety and yours. I will slam a legal notice on the recording company for taking advantage of you and including shots in the video you had not agreed to do. I'll stop them from marketing the video."

He called up his lawyer and asked him to examine the terms of Geet's contract and ensure the company does not get away with anything. He then started the car and they reached their home to give Baba the two good news. Baba was excited to hear that Pinky has safely delivered a baby girl and he was even more thrilled to hear that he was going to be a grandpa finally. Geet knelt before him seeking his blessings. When he gave his blessings, both Geet and Maan was surprised to note that his speech was quite distinct and clear unlike the slurred, muffled words he was uttering before. In fact Baba himself was surprised by it and said that his grandchild has got back his speech. He promised them that soon he will be up on his feet too so that he can run behind his grandchild. Maan and Geet smiled at him.

Geet called up Rano and Anwesha to inform them about Pinky's baby.  Anwesha was very eager to see her niece.  Maan volunteered to drive his uncle and Adi's mother to the hospital and asked Rano to take Anwesha in her car.  Late that evening they all returned to Maan's house. Maan insisted that his uncle and Adi's mother should stay with them till Adi brings his wife and baby back from the hospital. Wishing them good night, Rano and Anwesha then left for their place.

Continued here:

Edited by Opti - 13 years ago