Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
My views.

And I want to begin by saying I do not intend to be biased at all. I'm only stating how I really felt about the film.

Ok so maybe it wasn't the biggest blockbuster of the year. I mean ok the year just started. But after a long time came a movie where one could just sit down and enjoy it. Honestly, what made the movie really stand out was not Rani or Vidya's character but rather that this movie was based upon a true story. Now I never really knew much about the murder case until this movie. After I knew about this movie I researched about the murder case and then found out what had happened.

I thought this movie was brilliant in the perspective that it took on a real life case and made it into the film.

I found Vidya's role very challenging because she was enacting a true person. I always find it challenging when you have to portray a real life person in a movie. Sabrina Lal is still present and when you have that person watching your film its a huge deal, in my opinion. So I felt that her role was the most challenging. And I think she played it brilliantly. In fact I think she outdid herself. Her role in Paa was only average to me. In fact I didn't even see much of a "role" from her in the movie. Amit ji was the one who impressed me in Paa more than anyone else. I think this was one of Vidya's best and strongest roles to date because it was challenging and she pulled it off quite well.

As far as Rani's role was concerned. I loved it.  As far as all the cussing is concerned I found it necessary. Meera didn't take on the case because she found it boring initially. She didn't think it was a big deal. But then when she found out that justice wasn't served to Jessica and her family she was all over making sure that justice was served.

You know we see our fellow male actors doing a lot of things like cussing, smoking, sex, etc but we never tend to have a problem with what they do? Unfort when actresses of our industry try to attempt the same, no one accepts it. It's a sad but true fact.

I understand how some people felt Rani overdid herself with the cuss words and stuff. I understand. But in my opinion I felt it was necessary for her role and the way she was told to portray it. Wasn't her fault now was it?

Leaving the characters of the film aside, I think this was a sensitive film. And it gave a message to the audience. The Lal family had to face so much injustice before justice was finally served.

Anyways just wanted to share my two cents. No one has to agree at all. :)
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 13 years ago
perfectlyflawed thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dint like the movie at all :P
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
it's not a great movie. But  a gem compared to 90% of current movies
Cheada89 thumbnail
i love this film so well.it's not a brilliant movie, but at least i seen something different from hindi movie. actually i really don't know about this case bcoz i'm malaysian, and honsetly i just want to see this film because it's rani movie, but after that, i realize many things.
this film touch my heart so deep.i never cried when watch hindi movie even movie like kal ho na hoo, k3g and etc, but nokj has made me cry.
vidya characters is not boring. she suits jessica very well. and rani, i think this is not her best performance, but at least she do something different.
bollywood needs mades a lot movie like this, based on true story and importantly give a equally character to the actress, not just made them as 'item' things only
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I really loved NOKJ. It was a eye opener. Awesome movie:)
if its like......what is so special abt all the so called blockbusters in indian cinema....GADAR? sholay? k3g? om shanti om? ddlj? they have all loopholes and cheesy entertainment still they rule.....are they all flawless? sorry i don't think so......they all have been criticized in some way or the other......all these films were way hyped right? but still they rule......

Originally posted by: beboholic

Vidya's character bored me to death. Noting special about her character IMO.

Vidya's charatcter was meant to be boring. Thats why she bored you to death. It worked. ðŸ˜›
Originally posted by: Dexterphile

Vidya's charatcter was meant to be boring. Thats why she bored you to death. It worked. ðŸ˜›

However, she looks really horrible without makeup!  I was shocked to see how she truly looks without all that glam and makeup!  😆😆😆