Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

What was so special about No One Killed Jessica?

Posted: 13 years ago
πŸ˜•  I saw the film recently and read amazing reviews about this film, but was not impressed.  Vidya had no makeup on and she looked horrible.  I thought her acting was much better in Paa and Ishqiya.  And Rani's acting was good, but her character is to loud!  Yelling profanities every other minute got annoying!  It is funny for a certain extent, but tests your patience!  All I can say is that the movie was way to slow, dragged, and is strictly okay!  There are much better films which released in 2011 so far.  I actually thought 7 Khoon Maaf was so much better!

Please tell me, what was so special about No One Killed Jessica?

πŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I loved NOKJ. It was such an amazing film and Vidya and Rani played their character exceedingly well and based on Jessica Lal reading about it was just horrible and it was sad. I cried actually watching the film but the weakness about the film was that there was too much swearing and Rani's shouting kinda was too much. I think it is still one of my favourite films this year and I think "Justice has been prevailed". (I have been using this line at home!!!!)
Originally posted by: ruky786

I loved NOKJ. It was such an amazing film and Vidya and Rani played their character exceedingly well and based on Jessica Lal reading about it was just horrible and it was sad. I cried actually watching the film but the weakness about the film was that there was too much swearing and Rani's shouting kinda was too much. I think it is still one of my favourite films this year and I think "Justice has been prevailed". (I have been using this line at home!!!!)

😑 I hate when films are superhyped and I go in with so many expectations!  Did the director of No One Killed Jessica ever think subtle and restrained acting is much better than being loud and shouting?!  Rani's character could have been subtle and restrained like her lawyer role in Veer Zaara.  But, hey, we can't expect the No One Killed Jessica director to be Yash Chopra!  Anyway, you really think justice has prevailed?  I don't think justice has prevailed since 7 Khoon Maaf flopped and went unappreciated!  Sorry Ruky!  πŸ˜†
I never saw the film but what made this film special from Saat Khoon Maaf was that this film was about something that had shaken the country of India for years. The Jessica Lal case united Indians and the director was smart enough to tap into that sense of justice, purpose, and unity to make a decent film from it.

As for Vidya's character with "minimal" makeup, well the real sister wasn't wearing designer duds now was she when she was fighting for her sister's rights

Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: goneforever

😑 I hate when films are superhyped and I go in with so many expectations!  Did the director of No One Killed Jessica ever think subtle and restrained acting is much better than being loud and shouting?!  Rani's character could have been subtle and restrained like her lawyer role in Veer Zaara.  But, hey, we can't expect the No One Killed Jessica director to be Yash Chopra!  Anyway, you really think justice has prevailed?  I don't think justice has prevailed since 7 Khoon Maaf flopped and went unappreciated!  Sorry Ruky!  πŸ˜†

Rani's portrayal of a lawyer in Veer Zaara was better than in NOKJ and about 7KM well I liked it but audience have different tasteπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by: ruky786

Rani's portrayal of a lawyer in Veer Zaara was better than in NOKJ and about 7KM well I liked it but audience have different tasteπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

I thought Rani stole the show in Veer Zaara, best thing about that dreadful movie!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
youre right it wasnt that great .. i just saw it last week because of the good reviews but it was such a DRAG  and i didnt like the loud character of Meera with the whole gaalis and all. But saying that SKM wasnt a master piece either actually it was a disaster especially the end.
as far as i know .. the movie was good...i know director rajkumar gupta wanted to take the u turn way....by making more research and put in a more innovative way...but he had this heated arguments with UTV who asked him to make the film in a straight way or it will difficult for viewers to understand..also it was doubtful tht jessicas family would aprove tht script.

he wanted to make it the same way like he made his debut 'aamir' but his idea wasn't approved and then he took that same justice way....so after reading this article i went to watch the movie and was satisfied...i could understand we wouldn't have seen bigger than this....

and i want to point one thing here......the success of NOKJ belongs to jessica more.....becoz ppl still remember her and they prayed for her....fought for her openly...so when they film came they went to watch it and enjoyed...
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah I didn't like the film either. It bored me to death. And I was waiting for the film to finish when I was watching it...not a good sign. BUt I guess the film was a hit because a lot of people know about Jessica's case and they wanted to see the film. But than a lot of people did like the movie too! Am in the minority lol
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
i'll post my detailed response later.

but i highly disagree with most.