ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Evergreen Bollywood Holi Songs

12 hours ago by Roshni Devi

Besides Diwali, Holi is probably the most celebrated, and definitely the most colourful festival in India. And what adds to our festival cheer is how much more Bollywood adds to it with all the song, dance and drama associated with it. Traditionally Holi songs have always been a precursor to an important event in any Bollywood movie: be it the Thakur's confrontation with Jai-Veeru in Sholay or the blood curdling chase scene between Sunny Deol and Shah Rukh Khan in Darr.

Ang se ang lagana – Darr
Probably one of the most mischievous lyrics for Holi day, with lyrics like "bhige bhige tere badan se, jaise sholay lapka rahey hai," lyricist Anand Bakshi song in Darr (1993) hasn't left much to the imagination. And it's just as much fun to watch Juhi Chawla, Sunny Deol and Anupam Kher in the revelry with colours flying all around.  The fun lasts throughout the song, that is until Shah Rukh Khan makes his chilling appearance and smears a petrified Juhi with colours followed by the Shah Rukh and Sunny's chase scene.

Holi ke din – Sholay
A village rejoices to the advent of spring with their new protectors Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan in Sholay (1975). The buoyant villagers and the blossoming romance between Dharmendra and Hema Malini is adorable. Even the grumpy Sanjeev Kumar enjoys Holi ke din from the sidelines! With Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar behind the mike, you don't even need bhang to get a high!

Rang barse – Silsila
Amitabh Bachchan returns with another Holi song with Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bachchan, only this time there's Rekha to join the colourful extravaganza. The foot-tapping music of Shiv Hari to Amitabh Bachchan's sonorous voice is still a favourite at Holi parties.

Holi khele raghuveera awadh mein– Baghban
Amitabh Bachchan just cannot stop wooing the ladies on Holi! The Big B stands stiff competition to Hema Malini's thumkas and the rest of the clan behind them. Then there's the inimitable Bachchan's voice grooving to Aadesh Shrivastav's music.

Do me a favour – Waqt – Race Against Time
Okay, so Anu Malik's nasal tone may not have done the trick but Priyanka Chopra and Akshay Kumar's sensual act nailed it. Since there has to be an important event, its soon after the song that Amitabh banishes Priyanka and Akshay out of the house. And next time, we don't think you have to ask a "favour" to play holi!

Wishing you all a safe and happy holi!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
i love all the songs posted above.

but to add to the list i also love this one:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o8Cslm9uNc[/YOUTUBE]

Wishing everyone a very Happy Holi!
RowdyBOSS thumbnail
My most Fav are😍

Holi ke din – Sholay
A village rejoices to the advent of spring with their new protectors Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan in Sholay (1975). The buoyant villagers and the blossoming romance between Dharmendra and Hema Malini is adorable. Even the grumpy Sanjeev Kumar enjoys Holi ke din from the sidelines! With Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar behind the mike, you don't even need bhang to get a high!

Rang barse – Silsila
Amitabh Bachchan returns with another Holi song with Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bachchan, only this time there's Rekha to join the colourful extravaganza. The foot-tapping music of Shiv Hari to Amitabh Bachchan's sonorous voice is still a favourite at Holi parties.

Holi khele raghuveera awadh mein– Baghban
Amitabh Bachchan just cannot stop wooing the ladies on Holi! The Big B stands stiff competition to Hema Malini's thumkas and the rest of the clan behind them. Then there's the inimitable Bachchan's voice grooving to Aadesh Shrivastav's music.

Okay, so Anu Malik's nasal tone may not have done the trick but Priyanka Chopra and Akshay Kumar's sensual act nailed it. Since there has to be an important event, its soon after the song that Amitabh banishes Priyanka and Akshay out of the house. And next time, we don't think you have to ask a "favour" to play holi!

Wishing you all a safe and happy holi!

ruky786 thumbnail

This song is very catchy lol :P
🤗 Nice list Ruky Ruky Ruky!  Come on, let's play Holi, do you?!

ruky786 thumbnail
^^

What colour do you want to use? I never touched Holi because well I'm not a Hindu but anyway............

Originally posted by: ruky786

^^

What colour do you want to use? I never touched Holi because well I'm not a Hindu but anyway............

Blue is my favorite color!  What is your favorite color?  😳
ruky786 thumbnail

Originally posted by: goneforever

Blue is my favorite color!  What is your favorite color?  😳

OMG SAME HERE😃😆

I love blue!!!!

Originally posted by: ruky786

OMG SAME HERE😃😆

I love blue!!!!