I have Mrs Karnick ! Siddhant Karnick(article)

PKYEK100 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I have Mrs Karnick in my life! Siddhant Karnick

By YojanaPhadnis 1 Mar 2011 - 14:04
Print    
Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger
Siddhant Karnick

Siddhant Karnick, who debuted with Remix, has been a YRF favourite with Mahi Way and Kismat to his resume. Now the actor has stepped in as the evil vampire Siddharth in Star One's Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. Here is the actor in conversation with TellyChakkar talking about both himself and his latest role.

How did you bag the role of Siddharth?
Ekta Kapoor saw me in Mahi Way and liked me. She wanted someone who could play the role differently, someone who could draw a thin line between bad and the evil. Siddharth is evil for a reason. She offered me the role and I love playing evil characters since they are very challenging, so I lapped it up.

Tell us about Siddharth.
There is a fine line between evil and bad. Everyone knows he is a vampire. Siddharth is a bad vampire however he is bad for a reason and I guess that's the way all of us are. Nobody is born bad and certain things bring this shade out in all of us. So that is exactly how Sid is and there is a history which I can't reveal. I love playing bad, it is much more challenging. There are so many layers he has.

How similar are you to Siddharth?
(Laughs) The only similarity between Siddharth and me are good manners and chivalry. People accuse me of being good mannered and chivalrous. I belong to an army background and this comes naturally to me. As for Siddharth he is very sophisticated, charming, knows women really well which I am still struggling with. There are many dissimilarities between us…he is a vampire and I am not.

How will we see Siddharth and Panchi's relationship in future?
Sid has always played around with girls and he takes immense joy in playing around with Panchi as well. He always wanted her to like him and for her to fall for him. He likes the fact that he can make a difference to her, he loves the fact that he can bring in the emotion of jealousy in her. Siddharth loves to bring out the negative side in her and it is so much fun.

You have a strained relationship with Abhay in the show?
It all goes back to a certain incident that happened some 100 years ago. Something had happened in the past that has driven Sid to turn bad and hate Abhay. He is now determined to take revenge from Abhay.

Is your character inspired from Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries?
I am not denying that it isn't! It may be inspired but it is not copied. Siddharth definitely has a lot of characteristics like Damon. Ian Somerhalder who plays Damon has been trained and belongs to a similar school of thought as me. I have just turned Damon into Siddharth.

How is it working on the sets of PKYEK?
There is a lot of positive energy on the sets. Everyone right from the cast to the crew is young. There is a lot of enthusiasm and fun on the sets. The central idea is that we are young, ambitious and we all want to have fun.

What does Siddhant do in his free time?
Siddhant loves to ride on his Royal Enfield and go for road trips. I have recently travelled to Coorg and Leh Ladakh. When I am free this is always on the top of my mind.

Do you have someone special in your life?
Yes I do, I have someone named Mrs Karnick in my life. She is my mother! But jokes apart, I am single and ready to mingle though it may sound very clichd.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnuPurva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the article.... Title sounded like Sid has someone in his life... Initially thought he is already married or what?? but after reading article, realized that she is his mother (obviously Mrs Karnick)  😆😆 
he is still singel...😆
Rajani-Jadhav thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing....
the title made me think that sid has a gf....but its just his mother..thank god...!
PKYEK100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rajani-Jadhav

thanks for sharing....

the title made me think that sid has a gf....but its just his mother..thank god...!

ya that confused me too when i saw it at first😆
sushii. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
First I thought he was married and I was like HUH?
Then he was talking about his mom, soo sweet.....! 
kchaims thumbnail
Hey
posting tellychakkar articles is not permitted in IF as its right in competition with tellybuzz.

and this article was posted before and clsed.
-thank you.
Super Kool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you...this guy is charming and witty...i loved Mrs.Karnick wala answer...smart dude....😳
Mrs.Jaysean thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. "Mrs. Karnick" clever answer👏
199615 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanks 4 sharin...BT IT IS ALREADY POSTED..!!!
abhiya_cool thumbnail
thanx a lot 4 sharing.....when i saw the title , i was confused who is mrs.karnick now......but when i came to know she is his mother...i was thanking god......he is single n ready to mingle....i have to think abt it😉......hahahaha...i was just kidding...my fav is vivian forever😍......