Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prud123 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Well undoubtedly Terrence gave better concepts to shakti whether it was before or after kruti's elimination.Just like remo gave his best concepts to salman,marzi gives his best concepts to amit-falon and rajeev gives his best concepts to Vikram-Niharika.I am not saying that masters are partial to them or something but as mentors they know the strengths of their contestants and weaknesses.Terrence is great in contemporary his best routines are in contemporary  so he had to give those routines to some one who could do justice to his choreography.I agree kruti was a good dancer but when it comes to contemporary shakti was undoubtedly the best so he gave his best contemporary routines to shakti and she did do justice to them.That doesnt mean that he was partial to shakti or something he did give good choreography to kruti but best obviously went to shakti,there is a reason why shakti won POTD always.
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: akanna

No Mihir, she was way better than Surya-Sneha.. You cannot compare apples with oranges... I agree Kruti was better than her, and I would have loved to see Kruti stay until the finale, and TL did too.. Whatever you think, the truth is that one elimination that broke TL's heart in DID2 was of Kruti, and then of Amar.. I never felt he was partial towards Shakti, I never understood why a misunderstanding like that came up?! TL gave the best concepts to Kruti if you notice the earlier episodes until Kruti's elimination.. After that Shakti was the only girl left in his team and so she got the best concepts for a female dancer.. She showed dedication and executed all of them very well too.. In  my eyes, she was the most deserving among the four finalists!!!

Honestly, the same way I felt Kruti was better than Shakti, Dharmesh was never better than Shakti or Amar or Kruti or Amrita!! No offense Mihir, but looking at dance alone and from the POV of someone who knows dance and dance forms, Dharmesh was a weak contestant with strength only in one style which is his own forte... I had nothing against him, but I like to speak the truth in the name of dance, not intended for a fight.. I had no regional bias for any dancers, because I didnt come from anyone's region I had liked, and the ones who came from my region didnt impress me!! When it comes to dance and music, I care less about regions!!

Arey akku don't get me wrong, Im not comparing Surya-Sneha and Shakti πŸ˜† I meant that I wanted Shakti to get eliminated since long time just like I wanted Surya-Sneha to go πŸ˜ƒ and if u think Shakti is better then its your opinion....some people like oranges more while some like apples πŸ˜‰

@bold...kindly do not project ur opinion as the truth :) according to me he was the strongest contestant. 

Here is the list of styles he performed :)

Daud - freestyle
Belan chi Nagin - Freestyle/hip hop
Chori Chori Chup ke se - Salsa
Chura ke Dil Mera - Bollywood freestyle
Black Theme - Aerial Cube Act
Mangal Mangal - Thayyam (Kerala)
Rasiya (with Shruti & Teena) - No idea exactly what, but it was interesting and new!
Kitna Pyara Vaada & Aloo Chaat - Hip Hop
Mere Haath mein - Indian Contemporary
Premika Na Pyar se - Hip hop & Freestyle
Nain se Naino ko - Freestyle & Popping
Jaane Kyun - Freestyle
Moriya Moriya - Freestyle (traditional dance)
Bahon Mein Chale Aao - Bungee dancing
Dhoom - Freestyle
Govind Bolo - Kalia Mardan Dance Style (folk)
Jeetu Act - Bollywood Style
Yeh Raatein Yeh Mausam - Waltz Style
Dil Toh Baacha - Freestyle/Contemporary
Master Swap Round - Hip hop/Pop & Lock
Remo's Challenge: Lyrical Hip Hop
DID 1 & DID 2 - Hip Hop & Bollywood Freestyle

Courtesy: Charmz
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prud123

Who said doing 20 different dangerous lifts makes anyone a good dancer.Falon jumping from first floor into Amit arm's is a proper dance step called'leap of faith' but they are good dancers not only because of that step they are good dancers because of several steps they have done.Their chair dance had no lifts ,Flamenco didnt have many lifts and they were excellent in that dance.Cornell-Sonali did 19 lifts in a dance but that dance wasnt much appreciated.So no one thinks doing lifts only makes someone a good dancer.And of course innovative concepts are importance all the success of vikram-Niharika has to be credited to Rajeev's innovative concepts.

I agree wid uπŸ˜›
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Amit & Falon always try to come up with something extraordinary, something which is total delight to watch. I dont agree that they do only lifts & no proper dance, I think u havent watched all their dance performances well.
Prud123 thumbnail
There is no doubt that lifts are their forte but they are brilliant in other things to
Hunk101 thumbnail
Amit & Falon are awesome Dancers & I really wish they win d show.
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bandicoot

terrence played safe with shakti most of the time...she was good at contemprary/ballroom and he used her in those performances all the time(save one or two)..all the experimentation was done with kruti when compared to shakti
amar shakti duets were more popular and award worthy compared to any other of terrence's duets with kruti
terrence's best seemed to be reserved for shakti...or maybe because she was his student, he knew her strengths and used them
why only talk about solos..talk about duets where shakti was and duets were kruti was

I talked about both solo and duets in my earlier post - read it again! I listed the duets I had liked - of the pairs performed!! 😊

Kruti's forte was Indian Classical, that too Bharatanatyam, so obviously Terence had to make her do styles outside that forte, since she cannot just do BN numbers each week, and BN is not Terence's style either! So in my eyes Kruti got the most opportunities to learn many different styles from Terence when she was never trained in any of them!! He gave her all that because he was confident that she can do all that well, the same way she did BN.. Anything Terence would have done for Kruti would have been experimentation since both of them had two entirely different styles as their forte - Indian Classical and Contemporary/Ballroom!!

Terence has done duets for Amar and Kruti too, and I think they were fantastic too, and I loved the Bhojpuri salsa as well as the Tango!! Amar-Shakti duet was there in week one when Kruti-Vandu duet was also there. Second week it was Shakti-Vandu and Amar-Kruit-Parvez since Ameeth was eliminated and TKT had only five. Amar-Shakti were a perfect match for duets as they could create magic together; I dont think if the same acts were done by another pair, the same magic would have happened!! Jack and Kruti could create better magic than Amar and Kruti!!

I agree with you on that Terence knew Shakti's strengths more since she was his student for three years and Kruti was new and fresh for his team. Terence has turned not-so-good dancers to great dancers, and I am sure if Kruti had stayed, she would have become an extra-ordinary dancer too, but our public has the reputation of not voting for classical dancers!!
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Mihirism

Arey akku don't get me wrong, Im not comparing Surya-Sneha and Shakti πŸ˜† I meant that I wanted Shakti to get eliminated since long time just like I wanted Surya-Sneha to go πŸ˜ƒ and if u think Shakti is better then its your opinion....some people like oranges more while some like apples πŸ˜‰

@bold...kindly do not project ur opinion as the truth :) according to me he was the strongest contestant. 
Here is the list of styles he performed :)

I can list Shakti's acts too, and they will be long too. The same way D's list contain mainly Hip Hop and its variations as well as fusion styles, Shakti's would contain fusion styles of Contemporary. So in that aspect, both of them are the same! 😊

Regarding the bold part, D was strong only in his forte - hip hop. He did other styles but didnt shine in them, and in the duets either Binny or Amrita always outshined him.. Shakti shined most in her style too, but she also shined in most of the duets - she didnt do only contemporary duets since Amar and Jack were not strong in contemporary. She also did styles outside her forte and did both solo and duets in them and did well in most attempts. So in that aspect I think she was stronger. Even in GKG, Amrita was way stronger than D without doubt - let it be versatility, techniques, perfection in execution, finishing, transitions, etc.. Even in duets with D, Amrita was the shining star and those acts in fact projected D's flaws even more..
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So now the David Copperfield of dance(according to TL) was outshined by an average wild-card contestant? πŸ˜›
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: akanna

I talked about both solo and duets in my earlier post - read it again! I listed the duets I had liked - of the pairs performed!! 😊

Kruti's forte was Indian Classical, that too Bharatanatyam, so obviously Terence had to make her do styles outside that forte, since she cannot just do BN numbers each week, and BN is not Terence's style either! So in my eyes Kruti got the most opportunities to learn many different styles from Terence when she was never trained in any of them!! He gave her all that because he was confident that she can do all that well, the same way she did BN.. Anything Terence would have done for Kruti would have been experimentation since both of them had two entirely different styles as their forte - Indian Classical and Contemporary/Ballroom!!

Terence has done duets for Amar and Kruti too, and I think they were fantastic too, and I loved the Bhojpuri salsa as well as the Tango!! Amar-Shakti duet was there in week one when Kruti-Vandu duet was also there. Second week it was Shakti-Vandu and Amar-Kruit-Parvez since Ameeth was eliminated and TKT had only five. Amar-Shakti were a perfect match for duets as they could create magic together; I dont think if the same acts were done by another pair, the same magic would have happened!! Jack and Kruti could create better magic than Amar and Kruti!!

I agree with you on that Terence knew Shakti's strengths more since she was his student for three years and Kruti was new and fresh for his team. Terence has turned not-so-good dancers to great dancers, and I am sure if Kruti had stayed, she would have become an extra-ordinary dancer too, but our public has the reputation of not voting for classical dancers!!

aku lets simply agree to disagree hereπŸ˜†

u think kruthi got an opportunity to learn different styles. I think he experimented with her....if shampa is indeed terrence's right hand, he could have given kruti stronger choreo's in kruti's forte/..and Im talking exclusively from what ive seen shampa do for jai/sushant

shakti...i dont knw how u rate shakti's indian performances..i think they were a mess...and that is probably because it was not terrence's forte...however terrence's choreo for alisha on silsila was awesome...terrence was somehow weaker in the indian section in DID2...or atleast that is my opinion..nobody beats him in his contemporary

kruti i think is an extra ordinary dancer ..atleast the way she adapted to the tango was marvelous...i personally rate kruti better than shakti