Dancing Competition or lifts Competition??? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
How was that act insulting to Radha -Krishan.They did it with such grace and respect
next week mithun will spin geeta on one finger to show graceful lifts are done
If you hate lifts, lift your TV and throw it out of the window in protest.
I know it gets so boring just like Shakti and Amar....even all they did was lifts 😛  

At least Amit-Falon are doing way better and sharing way better chemistry 😃 hats off to them! 
I agree with you Mihir in DID season1 salman did wonderful lifts and he won,in season 2 shakti and amar did wonderful lifts and they always got POTD  and shakti won.I am not saying these people won because of their lifts,they are fab dancers but lifts were always an integral part of their dance.So if it was ok for them to do lifts  the same rule should apply to Amit-Falon
No body is saying don't do lifts, but then audience have to understand, that when they do Bachata, or Merengue it will involve lot more then just lifts, Then audience/Janta shouldn't complain that it was Vulgar.  and i thought show is suppose to be different from JDJ, because Concept of Jhalak is to have mostly ballroom dancing, which involves lifts, and all.  And I thought DID is Dance "India" Dance, where we are suppose to be seeing more of Indian Dance, and less of Ballroom.  

And Again I don't have any problem with Cornali, or Veeku Neeku, or Amit Falon.  Matter of Fact, I look for Variety of lifts, they all present in each episode, but yaar, there has to be limit of it.  For once we want to see Liftless performance.   Contemporary don't necessary have to have Lifts.  There are other forms, that require lifts, or it will look Fikha,.  That is my Two cents towards this topic.  

and again to me it was insulting to Krishna and Radha, because, Krishna and Radha were pure, and didn't do such dance very closely like Amit & Falon.  and if we don't look at costume, i think the concept was great.  
Hmm not sure but from your post it seems like you havent seen previous DID seasons.Again this is just my assumption from your post because you said that DID is about Indian dances which its not.Its about finding the best dancer irrespective of the type of dance and including DID previous seasons Indian dances are perhaps the least performed form of dance.And of course contemporary doesnt mean lifts if you want a list of lift less performances done in DID -D here it goes
1)Tadap-Tadap-Amit-Falon contemporary(it just has one lift as far as i remember)
2)Hum-dum soniyo-Amit Falon Hip hop
3)Naina lagaya barishan-Amit Falon contemporary(one lift only)
4)Pyaar ki ek khahani-Amit Falon Flamenco(again one lift only)
there are such performances from other contestants also but since we are discussing amit-falon i thought of giving a list of their dances.And of course Radha-Krishan didnt dance like this if they danced like Radha-Krishan would have danced in that age it wouldnt be a DID level dance.Again the dance wasnt an imitation of Radha-Krishan but a dedication to them and there is a difference between the two.

Edited by Prud123 - 13 years ago
yes of course, you mis-understood and didn't read correctly, I said "More" of Indian Dance, I didn't say just "indian Dance".  and I never Mentioned "that Amit-and Falon only do lifts"  I said "their have to be limit of Lifts", and that is for everyone and not just one Double.  and that statement is more for the Radha-Krishna Dance.  and I have seen all the seasons of DID, all of them had more of Ballroom dance then Indian.  Because we have taken oath to not to promote dances of India.  I live in New York, and have seen most of the styles, and choreographed most of these Styles, so it's not new for me, but When i see a competition this cut-throat, i want to see more challenge, and more of Indian Dance, since the competition is in India.  

If you watch So you think You can Dance, do you see them doing Chinese Fan Dance or Dragon Dance, Bharat Natyam, Tap dance, Bollywood "All" the time,  no, because the show is based in U.S.A, and they want to keep it for the Audience based in U.S.A.  Yes, time and now they bring in different styles from other countries, but they keep it minimal. This is what I meant when i said Dance "India" Dance.  they should change the title to Dancing Stars, or something, if they want to refine and furnish dancing skills of common man.  
Originally posted by Mihirism

I know it gets so boring just like Shakti and Amar....even all they did was lifts 😛  
At least Amit-Falon are doing way better and sharing way better chemistry 😃 hats off to them! 

Correction Mihir - Amar and Shakti didnt do just lifts! If you think Amit and Falon are doing better than Amar and Shakti, you should watch the videos of both pairs and then compare! Just because you didnt like Shakti, that doesnt mean you have to attack her dance when she did them all so well and with so much grace.. After all both Shakti and Falon are graduates from Terence's school, same as Punit, Mayuresh and Shampa.. All of them are great dancers and do good in lifts.. Amar and Shakti had such magic in their performance that I can watch their duets hundreds of times and still wish to see them again! And they have done a lot of floor dance too in their duets...

Mihir, I dont want to fight with you, but I dont get it as to why you dislike Shakti so much?? If you really like dance and dancers, Shakti will definitely qualify as a great dancer anyday!
Originally posted by akanna

Mihir, I dont want to fight with you, but I dont get it as to why you dislike Shakti so much?? If you really like dance and dancers, Shakti will definitely qualify as a great dancer anyday!

Shakti to me in DID 2 was like Surya-Sneha to me in DID Doubles...every week I wished she was out but instead a good dancer would be gone ðŸ˜¡ like Parvez, Kruti, D-sir, Jack, Amar and so many. And if that wasn't enough, she ended up winning 🤢 Can you imagine Surya-Sneha ending up winning? Plus I believe TL was veryy partial towards her...she got his best concepts which I hated.