Dancing Competition or lifts Competition???

Posted: 13 years ago
I don't understand how doing 20 dangerous lifts in a dance sequence make anyone a great dancer. How does Falon flying from the first floor into Amits arms make them good dancers? The so called innovative dance concepts have nothing to do with the individuals dancing either, it shows how creative the masters are but the show isn't about them now is it?.

Who said doing 20 different dangerous lifts makes anyone a good dancer.Falon jumping from first floor into Amit arm's is a proper dance step called'leap of faith' but they are good dancers not only because of that step they are good dancers because of several steps they have done.Their chair dance had no lifts ,Flamenco didnt have many lifts and they were excellent in that dance.Cornell-Sonali did 19 lifts in a dance but that dance wasnt much appreciated.So no one thinks doing lifts only makes someone a good dancer.And of course innovative concepts are importance all the success of vikram-Niharika has to be credited to Rajeev's innovative concepts.
im bored with the kind of dangeroius lifts on the show

i came to see a dance show and not a circus
So let me get this right lifts are not a part of dance
I second that..lifts dont make u strong dancer..
Dance karo bhai-beheno...dance...
Originally posted by Prud123

So let me get this right lifts are not a part of dance

Exactly it should be part of a dance not the entire dance. Why did there have to be lifts for the Krishna dance? I am pretty sure Krishna never picked up Radha like that...lol.. jk...
Of course Krishna never picked up Radha like that.When is that ever true.In the episode in which the jodis dedicated their dances to their fav couple ,i am sure none of the filmi jodi's ever danced like these contestants did.If they were to dance like radha-krishan or the filmi jodi's it wouldnt be a dance competition any more.My point is that lifts are a type of dance they are not acrobatics or circus like some people make it out to be.They have technique and grace to them like other dances.That's my point.
Originally posted by Prud123

Of course Krishna never picked up Radha like that.When is that ever true.In the episode in which the jodis dedicated their dances to their fav couple ,i am sure none of the filmi jodi's ever danced like these contestants did.If they were to dance like radha-krishan or the filmi jodi's it wouldnt be a dance competition any more.My point is that lifts are a type of dance they are not acrobatics or circus like some people make it out to be.They have technique and grace to them like other dances.That's my point.

Totally agree with your point Prud123, but there needs to be more dance than lifts is all i am saying.. I think they are good dancers.. They just need to do more dancing, where they show their sync and energy and etc.. I know they did do that car routine and the chair one but they are all about lifts. Pretty much type cast.

but it is insulting to watch someone in Radha-Krishna costume and doing lifts and having intimating expressions,.  
Well i agree with you too spiahwe there should be a good mixture of dance and lifts now whether lifts should be more or dance i cant say i think it depends on dance to dance.But yes there should be a good mixture of both.A pure dance without lifts can be a little boring and also only lifts and no pure dance can be boring.And as far as Amit-Falon are concerned i think their dance has a good mixture of two and they have even done some dances with minimum lifts like their hip hop with no lifts or Flamenco and Jazz with one lift.And i also agree that their Radha-Krishna act only had lifts but i love beautiful lifts as i said i think lifts are a form of dance but yes because of so many lifts in it i wouldn't rate it as one of their best but i wouldn't call it acrobatics or circus as well.