India-Forums

Friday's show (Page 3)

akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:29am | IP Logged
My name is pronounced wrong by both Indians and non-Indians! So I have no problems with Jay's pronunciation.. But agree with the rest... I liked CS dance though, but didnt think anything out of the world about it..

The irony is that when Geeta did the choreography for AF and Rajeev did for SV, both of them made to the top two in votes that week!! Whereas both KC and PV who were put to dance for Marzi's choreography ended in bottom two!! So I dont know what to make out of Marzi's work!!

akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by luv2dance

I agree too!
I don't like Geeta's choice of songs for traditional or classical dance forms. Jalwa song for Chhau dance wasn't just working for me. She did the same thing when Siddesh did kathak. I don't know why Geeta feels so insecure to do classical numbers on classical songs. It will surely enhance the performance and public will appreciate it. We should be proud of our traditional art forms and present them without any hesitations and Geeta should really step up as that is her forte. Oh wellConfused 

I agree with her song selections.. Though Sid's Kathak dance was okay, since it requires all the fast beats to match the footwork.. In fact her songs for DID1 were much better IMO.. In DID2 though, she made many mistakes - using the fast beat silly song for Manipuri was the worst of all... Jalwa song for Chaau wasnt good either... But she was doing better with songs this season when compared to DID2 season... I dont mind Hindi songs being used for classical and folk dance forms, as long as the composition and/or lyrics do justice to the dance form..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index