Rang Badalti Odhani

Episode analysis thread- March 18, 2011

tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
March 18, 2011:

Today's episode was good. KT obviously relishes such situations/roles, because he is clearly enjoying it all! Once again he did well ๐Ÿ‘

Yashu supported him quite well... she didn't try to overtake him. Underplayed her role. she wasnt OTT at all... when one person is on a roll, the other shld be supportive and she did that very well.

I wud hav liked to see Khanak get slightly irritated with Shaan bcos she knows he is doing too much... but anyways....

The K-family... beautiful people they are...haan, Boo's abortion is there in the back of our minds... cant do anything abt it. It was so unnecessary! Hmmm... anyway, she and Madz, so cute to offer to have a baby shower for Shaan๐Ÿ˜†

So clever of Shaan to cite Madz' society status to avoid it๐Ÿ˜† this boy is too clever... he is not gonna give up easily. Shantanu Khandelwal has managed his entire life so far avoiding responsibilities... now that also requires brains... not easy to be lazy and do nothing and still be a favorite in the family... this guy is a slacker but not dull.... Sunil rightly says in the end that he knows Shaan wont give up so easily!

My fav scene today was the bedroom scene... we were given a glimpse of a heart-to-heart talk, or some appearance of it, but it finished rather quickly... 'cos Shaan had to go to the loo urgently๐Ÿคฃ

When Sunil says 'Mere potha', Shaan says 'delivery ho gayi'๐Ÿ˜†

Btw, why does Sunil assume it is a grandson?

Shaan going to the loo a million times was a bit too much... didnt that list of pregnancy symptoms contain anything else?

This pregnancy track is being shown from Shaan's point of view. If it had been shown from Khanak's point of view, will it be different?

Precap hints towards Shaan's delivery act. Look forward to it. Edited by tvrasika - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Deepali- thumbnail
@gaayu  excilient analysis ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘bedroom scene my fav scene too
shaan worried khanak and khanak worried him too 
loved their chemistry
will be come soon with  my comments
Edited by Deepali88 - 13 years ago
jparker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great analysis as ever gaayu..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Again I watch this show and the episode too for ShaNak alone... Rest is all okay...

Whacky comedy makes sense else I am not for the way the track is going...

So W&W for me!!!

OlicityFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
KT was amazing!...so was yashu!..
i laughed quite a lot....
-Manita- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great Analysis Gaayu......loved it !!

My take for today's episode : 18.03.11

I personally do not relish comedy that features cross- enacting. I have said before too, that RBO had been subtle till now....... it was saved by YM in Pune trip where she elegantly dressed up in 3 different avatars of men characters !!......any other show would have been cheap.....but not RBO !!
It was going ok till yesterday but it dragged today with Shaan being shown pregnant !!
I felt it being a little OTT and it didn't justify the reason too as none of the two conveyed their POV clearly to other.

I feel Shaan and Khanak both understand things only when shouted at !! Period.

Subtle comedy may be a way of entertainment but it won't go in their heads till the other person shouts back or becomes ultra-serious !!

Highpoints๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ --

1. KT -- โญ๏ธโญ๏ธHis expressions, his voice, his presence and his acting are impeccable. The sole reason I endured the whole show was PURELY KT !! Loved him to the core !!
2. YM --โญ๏ธโญ๏ธ beautiful expressions !! NO wonder she played a perfect counterpart as Khanak to Shaan.
3. Shaan gets serious in the room and seriously tells Khanak that "it is more than enough".........
"he is not ready"..........etc...he tries to put through very clearly that he is scared of becoming a father !!๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘4. Madzy telling Boo that I have decided long back that things between KFD and Shaan should be left between them...............muahhh Madzy !! Love you for that !!โญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘
โญ๏ธ
Lowpoints๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ --

1. The whole idea of Shaan acting as pregnant dragged without making a point !!
2. Khanak not wanting to talk to Shaan when he tries to seriously explain why is he scared of fathering a kid. She should have reciprocated and they could have talked.........don't know why she kept on dragging it !! She could have given him her POV
3 Boo telling that she has front row tickets to enjoy the show !! Really Boo ??.............
4. Shaan jumping on sofa with slippers on ๐Ÿ˜›!! Hmph !!!

Overall, saw it for KT..........he is as addicting as RBO !!!
shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
another very very very entertaining epi
 fun masti sumtymes over d top but still very very very cute
 kt n ym hand  in hand wen acting....superb job by them

both have wrld class facial expressions..make them maha maha cute

gr8 epi n cant wait to c wat budthal shaan does in 2nites epi
.Dilwale. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

hey gaayu! lovely analysis! you never fail to cover each every point and character in an episode and i love that about your reviews yaar! 

my thoughts on the episode yesterday:

KT and YM are good actors and that i think is more or less an established fact by now. why and what one likes in an actor is purely an individualistic trait i believe. i have said this many times before also that i appreciate yasharan best when they are understated and spontaneous. but then again that is what i mostly look for in actors. everyone might not feel the same way. so keeping my priorities in an actor in mind, the only scene i enjoyed yesterday was the last bedroom scene between shanak. and my liking for that scene is purely based on how KT and YM acted it out (otherwise it was strictly ok). they were immensely fluid as a couple there, which i am sorry to say in the rest of the episode they were not. again this is only my POV. 

the thing about comedy is that it can go from classy to OTT and slapstick in a jiffy and i think that's what's happening with this role reversal/fake pregnancy issue. it's not like RBO can't do classy comedy. only yesterday, they proved it by showing us the hilarious cricket scene. now it was a bit much that khanak was arrogant about cricket, but the way it was written, presented, acted and executed is what made it funny without being cheesy. it made you laugh, exactly what a good comedy scene should do. if it sets you thinking like today's episode did instead of tickling your funny bone, then there is something seriously wrong with that kindda comedy.

@Manita

hey! agree the pregnancy thing is going a bit far aur abhi tu delivery bhi rehti hai. in reply to your post, i feel the way shaan stated his fears was not done seriously enough. he said those things in a drift, so one couldn't be really sure whether he actually meant what he was saying or was this just another way to convince khanak of not becoming pregnant. btw, why does shaan think that he can scare khanak this way? i mean every woman knows giving birth is no piece of cake but i don't see the world population becoming stagnant because of that. people are having kids left and right. i think it's more silly than funny and i wish they would wrap it up soon. i personally liked khanak giving it back to shaan. two can play the same game right and it was after all him who started it, but still 'time to wrap it up CVs'.

i am off to give my exam in a while. couldn't stand revising anymore lol so dropped in here for a bit! see you guys around! adios! 

Edited by zennnn - 13 years ago
iluvmanar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
nice analysis yaar....liked the epi..specially the shanak scene in BR..