Mistis thoughts 18th march 2011 - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by sia_lovely

I agree they are just using AviNa selfishly for their channel.....and not caring a damn about the show/story/script!! 

And again.......they are using Kanha at the drop of a hat! For every single reason, Kanha has to be the reason!! Why?? 

Okay fine.......if ur showing so.......okay......but atleast keep it subtle as in CB1......but here it is so obvious! Y'day Rads wasnt ready to go to Mathura.....but all of a sudden the Gurukul ladies land up to inform her about her......name being written by gurukul head for singing. Same for the Holi puja!

Prior to the leap, it was handled properly. Loved the way.....Rads finally got the blue chunri and she was able to get the role of Radha. So was for Dev. That seemed proper......although even there, it was Kanha who did everything......! Similarly for the wedding......

What has happened to them after the leap?? Why such sudden inconsistencies?  

Sia before the leap something were right and somethings were wrong for me.........what I liked was characterisation of the Purohits.......Mansarams groW*H was also ok..the kids were good.....what I did not like was the over the top violence, burning, Shantis screeching like a banshee, the priest and his brainwashing.......after the leap Radhikas family is good....Shanti has toned down........Radhika is on average ok........but Dev is a ping pong and the purohits are zombies living in a mad house......and Kanha is on the way to become a character.
Originally posted by chalhov

On the whole not at all up to the mark and did not like Kabutor joining the sequences and dances when did he take up the anchors part. and hasya sabha was a total washout .Promos made us expect a lot better ME then this.😕🥱
It was a complete washout........and they wasted on week on this..pinponged with Dev and Radhika.......Dev mainly. Who cares about script and characterisation when the important thing is TRP.....instead of maintaining a balance between the two they are going for one and forgetting the other.
Originally posted by why3

I too feel that I am losing my patience with this show and it has been barely a month.  This speed rush to fit their own holi agenda, poor characterization of PF characters and pingponging of Dev's characterization every two days is just getting on my nerves.

If they have wanted to have telly stars performing on dance numbers and item songs,  couldn't they have separated out from CB.  I would have preferred it if they hadn't shown any episode yesterday and instead just shown a holi celebration.  They could have Avina dancing to a song along with other couples.  That would have been more watchable for audience.  And what is with this wet numbers and item songs for holi celebration.  Is the middle class in India really just interested in watching this kind of stuff on Holi day?

I would have also preferred if they did just a dance programme based on holy with the different leads than watching this cut and paste version.
Originally posted by ChinadollTwo

Musti - Thanks for your comments. The Maha Episode was choppy and disjointed. Waste of their money and our time. I thought I missed Dev & Radhika meeting scene somehow and had to rewatch.

CM is determined to continue with Imarati story, so they show Chenu stealing, by hoodwinking others and Amma turning a new leaf.

I had enough omf Radhika's 'dumb' and selfish sister, so I wouldn't want her in the PF. She deserves somebody like her mother chose for Radhika. They can switch Dev for Rohan
instead by making him wear the heavily draped flowers in his wedding turban.

Radhika will think Rohan is her KK and agree to the wedding, inspite of falling in love with Dev, but when she sees Dev during
SR, she will reject him, as in CB1..but gradually realise he's her KK... I would prefer this scenario. Atleast lawfully and socially they will be husband and wife, and can iron out the misunderstandings, instead of Rad & Rohan getting married or her irritating sister's dream of catching a big fish being fulfilled. I want Ashanti to be punished for mistreating and always thinking Radhika will bring shame to the family, intead her daughter will bring shame to the family.

Also, Rajpurohit is still alive, so why didn't they chant his name instead of Kabaturni's.

I do hope CM is not going to show us garbage to make Avinash & Rubina look bad, and make us regret Season 2. 😉

Well the start after the leap was like after the 5 years leap in CB1.........I mean the way they showed the transfer of sindoor...there Devs hand touched the pot of sindoor that landed with Radhika and here Dev dropped sindoor which again was touched by Radhika..........yesterday  Radhika and Devs monologue was like Abhay and Radhikas monologue.........Abhay adamant that he won't let Radhika enter his heart and will only think about his biwi bacha and parivaar and Radhika said that kanha is with her so he also will be back....while yesterday they showed Dev said that his love pure so she will come and Radhika said that she will not let anyone enter her thoughts.......

I don't want switching because thats repeatation.......as for Champa because I want Rohan to suffer too...........he has been making use of Dev for a long time and he also needs to face the music. Having Champa as a wife will do that for him.........I am also sick and tired of the chaste system thing and this way they can show something different....Shanti should have been punished when she was trying to burn Radhikas feet.......

The highlighted art of your post is what I has been in my mind.......they are quite capable of doing that .....all have big ego which might have hurt pretty badly by the reaction of the CB audience and I won't put it as them to make fun of the audience this way. 

Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by misti73

Well the start after the leap was like after the 5 years leap in CB1.........I mean the way they showed the transfer of sindoor...there Devs hand touched the pot of sindoor that landed with Radhika and here Dev dropped sindoor which again was touched by Radhika..........yesterday  Radhika and Devs monologue was like Abhay and Radhikas monologue.........Abhay adamant that he won't let Radhika enter his heart and will only think about his biwi bacha and parivaar and Radhika said that kanha is with her so he also will be back....while yesterday they showed Dev said that his love pure so she will come and Radhika said that she will not let anyone enter her thoughts.......

I was also feeling that Radhika's attitude was like Abhay's and that's why I wrote in my comment about Radhika not using her brain.  She is supposed to look for Kishn Kanhiya and so only way is at least to make sure that Bumbum is not that before deciding that she shouldn't be thinking about him.  It is not as if she knows who her husband is.  But when her doubts would be settled,  old Radhika behavior would shift to Dev who would insist that for the sake of his family who gave him shelter all these years, Radhika should marry Rohan.  I feel like yawning at  future dialogues.

I don't want switching because thats repeatation.......as for Champa because I want Rohan to suffer too...........he has been making use of Dev for a long time and he also needs to face the music. Having Champa as a wife will do that for him.........I am also sick and tired of the chaste system thing and this way they can show something different....Shanti should have been punished when she was trying to burn Radhikas feet.......

I too think that Rohan is using Dev just as Vishaka used Radhika.  He is tolerant towards Dev because Dev is useful to him.  But even yesterday he didn't protest against Viraat calling Dev a servant.  He just diverted Viraath's attention and then when Viraath was gone, just asked if Dev minded fully expecting a denial from him.  He did not show any pain over Viraath's behavior.  So him getting Champa would be a poetic justice.  Also, this caste system is really making me mad.  I do want a weaver's daughter to marry a Brahmin boy in this serial .  It would be good if Dev and Radhika aid this.  No more triangular stories where Rohan also falls for Radhika and starts scheming or Chanda tries to seduce Dev.  Radhika is not Rohan's type and Chanda is more his type.  After marriage, both can give each other some hell.

Tomorrow episode or few  more coming ,  but as tracks are on a fast mode, will play a decisive  role,  what turn the story is going to take.......In CB 1 where was the cast factor ,  at least not in PH, when radhika is not allowed to go to Phool  Bangla than Dev opposed and so did the other members...Coming days will make the things clear if PH is really serious about CB2...Dev being quite about Radhika was odd when he was telling Rohan about her,   even Rohan just went away..... but there is reason for that , as Rohan is going to meet Radhika as his would be wife....
Originally posted by why3

I was also feeling that Radhika's attitude was like Abhay's and that's why I wrote in my comment about Radhika not using her brain.  She is supposed to look for Kishn Kanhiya and so only way is at least to make sure that Bumbum is not that before deciding that she shouldn't be thinking about him.  It is not as if she knows who her husband is.  But when her doubts would be settled,  old Radhika behavior would shift to Dev who would insist that for the sake of his family who gave him shelter all these years, Radhika should marry Rohan.  I feel like yawning at  future dialogues.

Regarding the underlined part.......if Dev had been kept constant or one could have been sure that Dev is someone who usually does not react when someone insults him or plays with him because that is not important to him but reacts and will fight tooth and nail if someone takes something that he thinks belongs to him then one can say that initially he might retrace but his inherent nature should make him fight tooth and nail for Radhika..........but the problem here is I don't know for sure who is Dev. Also Devs characterisation is closely linked to ammas thoughts and that is a blank for me right now.

I too think that Rohan is using Dev just as Vishaka used Radhika.  He is tolerant towards Dev because Dev is useful to him.  But even yesterday he didn't protest against Viraat calling Dev a servant.  He just diverted Viraath's attention and then when Viraath was gone, just asked if Dev minded fully expecting a denial from him.  He did not show any pain over Viraath's behavior.  So him getting Champa would be a poetic justice.  Also, this caste system is really making me mad.  I do want a weaver's daughter to marry a Brahmin boy in this serial .  It would be good if Dev and Radhika aid this.  No more triangular stories where Rohan also falls for Radhika and starts scheming or Chanda tries to seduce Dev.  Radhika is not Rohan's type and Chanda is more his type.  After marriage, both can give each other some hell.
It will be poetic justice and also masala will be there. Rohan has never done anywork.is selfish, lazy and uses people to get what he wants........Campa will most probably marry him (if they show that) for money so he will in the end up being used by Champa......and Kabutarni will be there with her anger.Champa also uses Radhika but for me there is a difference between Champa and Rohan .........Rohan is mollycoddled and everyone smiles when Rohan uses Dev but for Champa herfather knows what she is about, her brother knows what she is about and also Radhika knows that.Mansaram keeps Champa in check and the brother also questions her.....

[/QUOTE] Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Tomorrow episode or few  more coming ,  but as tracks are on a fast mode, will play a decisive  role,  what turn the story is going to take.......In CB 1 where was the cast factor ,  at least not in PH, when radhika is not allowed to go to Phool  Bangla than Dev opposed and so did the other members...Coming days will make the things clear if PH is really serious about CB2...Dev being quite about Radhika was odd when he was telling Rohan about her,   even Rohan just went away..... but there is reason for that , as Rohan is going to meet Radhika as his would be wife....

Yes in CB1 the caste factor was there but the purohits specially dadima and Dev were opposed to it. Vaishali due to her insecurities got caught up in it. But here since we don't know anything about the purohits we don't know what they think.........its only the badi bahu and her son whose character have been shown the most and it looks like that they are with the caste system.

You are right that Dev did not tell Rohan about Radhika because he is going to meet Radhika as is would be wife..........but here again they changed Dev for this to happen. Till few days back he was telling Rohan about Radhika but now he isn't.
 Now they should show relations between other members of RP, family...Rohan and Viraat relations are not so clear now, here may not reply him back as he is elder brother...Whatever Viraat says he obeys....He is pally with Dev because they are almost in  the same age-group....Focus should be RPs,....They have done something with Viraat,s character , now have pleasant face... following her mother,s foot-steps, you do not look evil if you are in negative role....Why his wife is looking so artificial when ever she opens her mouth...In this family bonding is missing..Production House and the Channels should make efforts to do away with the social evils which push us backward , they can imbibe the objections through their track...
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Now they should show relations between other members of RP, family...Rohan and Viraat relations are not so clear now, here may not reply him back as he is elder brother...Whatever Viraat says he obeys....He is pally with Dev because they are almost in  the same age-group....Focus should be RPs,....They have done something with Viraat,s character , now have pleasant face... following her mother,s foot-steps, you do not look evil if you are in negative role....Why his wife is looking so artificial when ever she opens her mouth...In this family bonding is missing..Production House and the Channels should make efforts to do away with the social evils which push us backward , they can imbibe the objections through their track...

Neerja seriously I don't know what the Purohits are about.........after the leap there is so much pingponging going on.........

Dev.......has become a ping pong ball now.......

before the leap-he used to do his own work, was friendly with Rohan but also maintained his       distance, was wary of the others, did not like it when people snatch things that he thinks is his

after the leap-his reaction to Viraath is still the same but this time he hides it (this part has been   explained and also ambas role in it)

-lives with the family but one does not get the feeling that he is part of the family

- as a child was wary of Mahshwari but now things that he is good (ammas role her   has not been shown and without showing that Dev looks like a puppet to me.......someone like Abhay who does  not use his brains, when the creatives have shown that he does use his brains.....he guessed Radhikas discomfort, he is responsible for all the work , he guessed that Chenu is fleecing him)

-he is friendly with Rohan whom he has told about this girl that h is searching for,when he meets the girl that he thinks is his dream he rushed home to tell Rohan this....... even tells Rohan that he has fallen in love but then does not tell him that the girl is coming........if you are rushing home to tell your friend that you have met your  dream girl won't you also tell hom that she is coming...why this hesitation? is it because he really does not trust him or is it because Dev has again been changed to introduce the twist that will brng Radhika to the Purhit house. My hunch is that Dev has again been changed to suit another track.....so that is why he is now a ping pong ball to me........and incidently he is also the lead........so the lead does not have a definite character sketch but will be changed as per the tracks.

Maheshwari-

Before the leap-- aggresive, loud, greedy, quick to react, basically and open book whom everyone could read

after the leap- exactly the opposite.....manipulative,acts calm and wellspoken, looks and acts generous, but the change is so sudden and so opposite that it is extremely hard to accept for me.

Maheshwaris husband-

Before the leap- Not interested in responsibilities and in his own world, knows his limitations,listens to his wife to keep out of trouble but also knows when to shut his ears to his wifes nagging

after the leap- a zombie.........

Amba-

Before leap- shrewd, could easily read people

after the leap- stands quietly, nods her head and has not been shown as a person who knows something is wrong but is keeping quiet for a reason........a shrewd person is a shrewd person, that intelligence does not disappear, he or she usually will keep themselves in the background and keep their mouth shut for a reason but since ammas POV is still not shown she is at this point an irritating riddle for me which I have no patience to solve.

Padma

before the leap- intelligent, could read people, knows when to answer back and when to keep  interested in who will be the next RP and also not to happy that the badi bahu is the chosen caretaker but accepts it as FILs wish

after the leap-smiling, nodding, making tea.......again like amma an irritating riddle for me

Viraath-

before the leap-Was hot headed, used to throw tantrums, hates Dev and full of air

after the leap-same but suddnenly he has been mellowed down.......maybe as a response to what the mother told him to keep his temper under control..but could not stand the sight of his wife and has been slightly changed to someone who likes his wife.......

Rohan-

before the leap- was friendly with Dev but could also switch sides and star being pally with Virath but did not like when Virat was taking his stuff

after the leap- friendly with Dev but by keeping quiet on friday to me he showed that he can side with Virath if it suits him.......now it remain to be seen whether he also does not like Virath taking his things.......on friday to me he did not like it when Virath questioned Dev about teaching Rohan responsibilities.

Mohini- Very artificial and a big question mark

So the  Purohit house is a madhouse to me right now from which I am running away .

Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago