Posted: 13 years ago
21st March 2011
The different pieces or sections of RBO are NOT BLENDING IN

Its like three different stories

As if
RASAM
RAJEN werent enough
We now have Maski

There is no connection between ShaNak-K Family and the rest of the cast or storyline

I wonder how long they can survive on this trail

Did they just hire Maski off the street?
How is he supposed to tie in?

What is the purpose of his character

Is the show a Comedy, or a Tragedy or a Thriller or an Action packed drama, or a Family saga?

The scene between Duck and KT, KT clearly looked bored and disinterested

I dont think they are even friends off screen

YM was basically just standing there and smiling

Every character and every role is in SOME WAY taking away the entire value of KT and YM's work

I could not find a thing wrong with KT and YM's work today

BUT

Overall I wont give the episode more than 3 or 4/10

KT and YM are rapidly becoming casualties of being housed in a place with defunct or "rotting" items

Sooner or later, its going to take the show down
Unless they steer it some other way

Edited by aditee - 13 years ago
There is comedy and there is puke inducing garbage

Maski's act was the latter.

There was no beginning or end

I ranted about YM's wig

Jenny-Rinny's wig is the WORST prop on soap history
What the h--- is THAT?

Did she find it in Sadhana or Asha Parekh's garbage dump?

YM looke dgorgeous

She has toned down her make up

Her ugly nail extensions are gone
Soon the wig will be also

I firmly believe that!
Some actors are CLEARLY incapable are portarying comic characters

Most great actors firmly believe comedy is harder to portray than tragedy

the only ones that have had me laughing spontaneously (like I were watching a Tamil movie comic clip) In this order:

Gaurav Gera
KT
YM
Rushad
Sunil
Madz
Boo

Comedy and humor unfortunately are NOBODY ELSE'S cup of tea on this show.

I couldn't be here during the update time and I was damn excited cos ShaNak alone and all,when I logged in I accidentally clicked on Ad's FF thinking ki it was discussion thread and read words like Sari,Shan on phone,didn't notice etc and my bholi bhali mind thought that they actually showed something related to Holi may be ShaNak dressing and all,then realised I was in the wrong thread:((.That reminds me Ads I need to finish the rest of the parts you posted.Sorry for the delay!Loved your style of writing from what I have read!
The issue with this crass comedy is exactly that...its crass....

Forget insulting to South Indians,,...my problem is it is insulting my intelligence and probably everyone's out there (be it an Indian from any part of India)...unless you are a truck driver who needs mindless humor sorry not humor but mindless crass to get your mind off driving 14 hours on dark highways in India...no one in their right mind wants to watch this...I can bet anything even they would find this NOT funny...

As for the issue of whether mindless sensless slapstick related to varied cultures of India is funny or can be categorized as comedy...

Let me give you a classic example....or as I am tempted to say GOLDEN example...

DHURANDHAR JAGDISHRAO SAAJIRAO CHANDRAVARKAR --- who every time came on screen, was accompanied by fabulous lezim beats...spoke with a chaste marathi accent, yelled across the dhaba and into our homes through the television sets and had a wife who wore a marathi nauvari (nine yards saree) with a disposition that was characterized as an antidote and hence the perfect better half to Chandravarkar....

DJS Chandravarkar represented marathi....was he caricaturised? yes? was he funny? yes, hilarious if I might add ..was he jarring? no!...did he teach us a few things?of course... aga he taught Shaan a few things and even brought him closer to his bayko... including by making Shanak sleep on the same mattress..kyunkee USKO HAATH NAI LAGANEKA....

Was he insulting to a maharastrian? NO...Was he insulting my intelligence?? NEVER....if anything, I was applauding the intelligence of the writers who came up with such a fantastic portrayal of a marathi man whose name (inspiration: movie rang birangee- Dhunrandar Bhatawdekar speaking) brought a smile to my face...   who handles a dhaba (read: zunkar Bakar Kendra) and the character was immortalized by the fabulous understated acting by Guarav Ghera...

And you know.....Gaurav GHera was inspired tooo.....by none other than Nilu Phule...a fabulous Marathi actor who if you ever caught the movie Woh Saat Din with Padmini Kolhapure and Anil Kapoor...the actor who plays Padmini;s grand father is who inspired GG....

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking that the TRIPE they showed today is comedy....it is not......

Don't ever settle for TRIPE if you can get CLASS

you don't do in real life....why should you now?
Edited by saaaz - 13 years ago

Hi guys! This is the first time Im visiting the Critics Corner.. I never felt that I ever would have to but I guess today's disjointed epi brought me here today..  Finally! To be very honest, Im like Karishma here, I hate ranting abt the show and cussing the CV's again and again.. But today's that Joker scene was more than enough to bring me here! As aditee said, even I didnt find anything wrong in either KT or YM but the thing is the plot.. Even if I ignore everything else, then too my questo is where did this Bhai come from? Why were we shown his stupid comedy, (which infact was a real pain, and comedy k naam pe dhaba, I seriously fast forwarded that bit!) And esp when Jenni/Renni gave the description of her Bhai, then why did you need to show that? And above all, today's epi was dedicated to him kya? Where was ShaNak? Just 5-8 mins of them and rest of that stupid Joker?  From no angle did I find him funny or attractive or whatever other definition!

I wonder big time now! 🤔

And btw sorrie for just barging in without introducing.. Im Nattie, for all those who havent met me yet.. 😳
@ Nattie

Welcome to CC ya:)

You never thought u wud have to come here? LOL....😆

Re Karishma's point, havent read her post, but let me just take this chance to clarify once again... CC is not just a place to come only if there is something to rant about. No. This is a place where members are encouraged to say more than they would say about the show or the epi, for example in DT or CCC or in any of the ATs. CC is to give more space to talk more, analyse every scene, every line spoken by the actors etc.... so please feel free to come to CC to rave as well:) we do that a lot:)

Havent read all the comments abt ystrday's epi yet... just saw it in FF mode on YT and ShaNak were cute... not sure yet where this is going , with Shaan all enthu for parenthood. But I am willing to be patient. ShaNak rarely fail us. so will do W & W!

Originally posted by saaaz

The issue with this crass comedy is exactly that...its crass....

Forget insulting to South Indians,,...my problem is it is insulting my intelligence and probably everyone's out there (be it an Indian from any part of India)...unless you are a truck driver who needs mindless humor sorry not humor but mindless crass to get your mind off driving 14 hours on dark highways in India...no one in their right mind wants to watch this...

As for the issue of whether mindless sensless slapstick related to varied cultures of India is funny or can be categorized as comedy...

Let me give you a classic example....or as I am tempted to say GOLDEN example...

DHURANDHAR JAGDISHRAO SAAJIRAO CHANDRAVARKAR --- who every time came on screen, was accompanied by fabulous lezim beats...spoke with a chaste marathi accent, yelled across the dhaba and into our homes through the television sets and had a wife who wore a marathi nauvari (nine yards saree) with a disposition that was characterized as an antidote and hence the perfect better half to Chandravarkar....

DJS Chandravarkar represented marathi....was he caricaturised? yes? was he funny? yes, hilarious if I might add ..was he jarring? no!...did he teach us a few things?of course... aga he taught Shaan a few things and even brought him closer to his bayko... including by making Shanak sleep on the same mattress..kyunkee USKO HAATH NAI LAGANEKA....

Was he insulting to a maharastrian? NO...Was he insulting my intelligence?? NEVER....if anything, I was applauding the intelligence of the writers who came up with such a fantastic portrayal of a marathi man whose name (inspiration: movie rang birangee- Dhunrandar Bhatawdekar speaking) brought a smile to my face...   who handles a dhaba (read: zunkar Bakar Kendra) and the character was immortalized by the fabulous understated acting by Guarav Ghera...

And you know.....Gaurav GHera was inspired tooo.....by none other than Nilu Phule...a fabulous Marathi actor who if you ever caught the movie Woh Saat Din with Padmini Kolhapure and Anil Kapoor...the actor who plays Padmini;s father is who inspired GG....

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking that the TRIPE they showed today is comedy....it is not......

Don't ever settle for TRIPE if you can get CLASS

you don't do in real life....why should you now?

Thank you for telling us about the Marathi actor Saaaz.

And this for the post-👏
Originally posted by tvrasika

@ Nattie

Welcome to CC ya:)

You never thought u wud have to come here? LOL....😆

Re Karishma's point, havent read her post, but let me just take this chance to clarify once again... CC is not just a place to come only if there is something to rant about. No. This is a place where members are encouraged to say more than they would say about the show or the epi, for example in DT or CCC or in any of the ATs. CC is to give more space to talk more, analyse every scene, every line spoken by the actors etc.... so please feel free to come to CC to rave as well:) we do that a lot:)

Havent read all the comments abt ystrday's epi yet... just saw it in FF mode on YT and ShaNak were cute... not sure yet where this is going , with Shaan all enthu for parenthood. But I am willing to be patient. ShaNak rarely fail us. so will do W & W!

Gaayu (I guess Im right?) 😳 Plz dont take me wrong Hun.. I didnt mean to criticise the CC or anything of that sort.. I fully support ur view of what a CC is.. But for me Ive always been an extreme positivist anywhere!! I like appreciating the stuff thats shown, especially the actors and CV's and people that gave us this show.. So Im always a positivst.. 😆 😆 And if I dont like anything specific, then I keep my mouth shut thinking maybe it will improve.. But dont really know if it will or will not.. 😕 But if I keep pestering about the show not doing well, then there are chances that I might stop watching the show! 🤣 🤣 Thats why I try to keep mum, when I dont like anything specific and try to enjoy the happier side of it to keep me glued to the show.. 😳 

And I agree that ShaNak are the essence and am for one is very proud of them.. They are always my saving grace and always the one to stop me from leaving the show.. I guess Im way too addicted to themm.. 😳 😳
Nattie:
 Welcome to CC

Its an open Forum, CC is not a domain that belongs to a bunch of us or anything

Feel free to air your gripe and post here as frqeuently as you can

I GUSH all the time
Somethings............. I just cannot gush about unfortunately

Thats why we have the CC!

Welcome and happy posting

I am in total agreement about the "comic" track!
Somethings are plainly not funny!