Critics' Corner #9;26th March epi-pg 122-DTNote 55 - Page 12

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by saaaz

@Vandoo none of the shows we are discussing are threatening to any current show...so its okay
I believe the rule isnt restricted to "current" or "competing" shows...
Anything that does not relate directly to RBO is not allowed to be discussed on the forum !! Thats what I have understood.....Ab aage pata nahi mereko....LOL....!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
RBO -- Golden was nearly that cadre.......slowly reached its zenith and stayed there like a beautiful star........but this waning is insufferable !!
Actuallly to be very honest.......there has been no show in the past decade on indian TV that got comedy like Sarabai....

in fact writers of that show came up with such original lines....i mean those characters were something else...even the OTT rosesh was made like that becos on indian Tv you need that OTT.....its the grammar of our stories where funny means monkey antics......which is what I said about yesterday's episode I get that on TV...you need some OTT...but a whole track need not be that way
Originally posted by -Manita-

RBO -- Golden was nearly that cadre.......slowly reached its zenith and stayed there like a beautiful star........but this waning is insufferable !!

OH god..mani..just yesterday I had a whole discussion with myself that is...that I need to get out of my GOLDEN rut....

the thing is even slapstick orientation of comedy came with a guest/non entity in golden...

dharam, Gaurav gera cameos and all of them came with dialogue humor not jumping over sofas

at the most gaurav's cameos came with gestures....such as the yellling by dhurandar....

I mean CLASS was that comedy

this is not..
Originally posted by saaaz

Actuallly to be very honest.......there has been no show in the past decade on indian TV that got comedy like Sarabai....

in fact writers of that show came up with such original lines....i mean those characters were something else...even the OTT rosesh was made like that becos on indian Tv you need that OTT.....its the grammar of our stories where funny means monkey antics......which is what I said about yesterday's episode I get that on TV...you need some OTT...but a whole track need not be that way

See, what I understand from your point is -- that if OTT is needed, then, like Rosesh....we can have Jas here or OTT Khushboo doing stupid antics with her make up and spa therapy !!
I have same views......OTT doesn't mean that the whole cast, actors, dialogues and every frame has to be OTT and once in a while it is ok......but Dragging OTT.........
come'on, you finished Dhulwaadi as if it was an eye sore........you wrapped up MMS and Sunny like a ghost.........but drag pregnancy track ??
what strategy....I don't understand !!
Gosh did we type the same damn thing...

Okay unfortunately, I need to leave...for a meeting...and ummmm you should be studying???

chal re gals...happy discussing...
Originally posted by -Manita-

Arey Sarabhai had a top-notch cast yaar...!
Satish and Ratna....Gosh !!! I loved their interaction.....Such perfect and typical high society ppl act by Ratna..

Satish as Indu was AMAZING....REAL...HILARIOUS....

And the  DialoguesπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ -

Indu - "tum ghar chodke jaa rahi ho Maya"...
Maya - "Nahi....tum ja rahe ho Indu....Radha Bai...Vitthal....Saab ka saaman pack karoπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†" Classic...

Maya - "Monisha......tum apna ye misal paav leke jaao yaha se....Pata nahi wo bhaiyya ne ye banate waqt kaha kaha haath daala hoga...and m sure wo handwash bhi nahi karta hoga"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Monisha - "Sahill.....tumhari mummy ko maine bola...main sabzi lene ja rahi hu...to wo boli..."monisha beta...tum wapis aaoge??"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Sahil - Darling...wo mom ne socha hoga tum ghar chodke jaa rahi ho...
Monisha - Ghar chodke jaate waqt koi sabzi lene baithega kya.??
Sahil - Agar tamatar 4 rupees kilo mil rahe ho toh??
Monisha *thinks for a while* - Haan !! Toh phir baithega!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And that scrabble episode -

Indu - My 5 letter word - LASSO
Maya*raises eyebrows*
Monisha * misreads the expression and jumps to indu's defence* - Mummyji..Lasso word hota hai....Punjab me Gaadhi Lassi ko Lasso bolte hain..
Sahil - *Looks absolutely exasperated and bewildered*
Roshesh - *sniggers....while passing a conspiratory look at Maya who is rolling her eyes*

Godddd.....I MISS THAT SHOWWWWW !!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by togepe30 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by togepe30

Paisa Vasool....Indeed....But in a different sense...
Acha hai mujhe roz ye dekhne ke paise nahi dene padte...

Warna main apna diya hua money ka refund(paisa vasool) karke rehti aaj toh....This is not what I set out to watch...

Ridiculous sa FILLER episode tha aaj !!

Paise Vasoolne log pahunch jayenge YP and SWJ ke paas......agar show aise hi chalta raha toh !!

Hahaha...vendu  well said..looking very Hiiarious ...loved your comments..mera bhi electricity ka aur kabel ka paisa laga hai..to chaleπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
why am i not able to press like....

Okay VANDOOOO LOVED your sarabai post...took me back re....

ladies..i have to leave...ciao

vandhu   sharabahi me also liked very much and missed it yaar
loved all chaaroctor specialy maya ,monisha and roshish
roshish like ma ka pallu pakadkar chalne wala beta
all comedy excilient  i think that was thebestest comedy show i see
yet...
i see it again  jab iska dubara se repeat telecast hua tha star one perπŸ˜†